135 pounds lost, Happy Soul found!! PICS!! Thanks Myfitnesspal!!

Options

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You're awesome woman! Way to get it!
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing
  • FromAshes2Beast
    FromAshes2Beast Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    you are full of awesomeness. Congrats on your amazing transformation. Keep working hard and inspiring others :smile:
  • k4tie82
    k4tie82 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much!! I'm so thankful this is helping/inspiring you all!!
  • k4tie82
    Options
    You are so welcome!! Thank you for letting me share! <3
  • k4tie82
    Options
    @LisaTcan thank you so much!
  • jullypost1963
    jullypost1963 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    k4tie82 wrote: »
    p1ildxq9oalu.jpeg

I’ve decided to share my weight loss story in hopes that it will help someone who is struggling with their weight and trying to live a healthier lifestyle.

In the last 4 years I have lost 135 lbs. Before starting my journey I was 270 pounds, almost type 2 diabetic, and I was morbidly obese. I was depressed and miserable in my own skin. I coped with life by taking medications and self-soothed with food and candy. Medications and doctor’s appointments became my life. I became extremely addicted to prescriptions. My weight and lifestyle were slowly killing me, and I didn’t see it until I had a BIG reality check 4 years ago. That is when my life changed. I knew it was time to change and started to rebuild my life. I decided on my own that I wanted this. I knew it was going to be hard, but I was ready to fight for it. I wanted to be healthy, I wanted to be happy again, and I wanted to be the wife and mother my family deserved. Those things combined gave me the final push I needed to change my lifestyle.

I didn’t follow a specific program or go through weight loss surgery. I swapped all my sugar loaded drinks for water, started tracking my food, and added exercise into my daily routine. I cleaned up my diet and started paying attention to labels! For exercise I started with walking and Walking off the Pounds videos at home. Adding exercise was just the mental boost that I needed. Every time I exercised I would feel balanced and happy, and for the first time I was proud of myself! I tried to exercise 5-6 times a week, even if it was only 15 min. I wanted to change my lifestyle so this would become a permanent way of life. I started with small, achievable goals so I didn’t get overwhelmed with how much weight I still had to lose. As I exercised more I increased my distance and time. Honestly, when I started I was exhausted just walking around the block. In September 2014 I finished my first half marathon!

Having support has been a huge part of my journey. My husband has been amazing through this whole process. He started tracking his food first, and I was inspired by him! I watched as he started dropping pounds, and I decided it was time to track my food! Tracking held me accountable, and I needed that! He also helped me find healthy foods to eat, and put up with all my complaining when we first started exercising together

I hit a plateau after losing 100 pounds. I joined a gym and I discovered a whole new passion for fitness. I reached out and found other ladies to work out with at the gym. We encourage each other, hold each other accountable, and have fun! When one of us struggles, we help each other. I stepped out of my comfort zone and joined in on some group classes. I also started personal training with Shane Summers and improved my strength, lost more weight, and melted away body fat. Now I train 3 times a week, and do cardio (running and stair stepping) 5 days a week.
    Exercise and fitness have done more for me mentally than physically. Yes I have lost 134 pounds… but that is nothing compared to the happy soul and big smile I have these days! I have overcoming depression and addiction… that alone is priceless. Exercise helps keep me grounded. It’s the perfect outlet for me and I am so thankful that I gave it a chance, it has 100% changed my life!

I had to change my lifestyle to lose weight and keep it off. My old habits had to change, my old foods had to change, and my old ways of coping with life had to change. I had to be willing to try new things, push myself out of my comfort zone and DO THE WORK. It’s not easy. There will be days that you want to give up. What separates YOU from the others is the ability to GET BACK UP and keep pushing forward. I have had bad days… and I have days where I don’t feel like exercising. You have to learn self control and push through the times that your mind plays tricks on you. Please know that weight loss is a journey… it takes time and patience. It’s okay to have a cheat meal or two! Just don’t make it a cheat month  If I can do this, you can do this! The best shape of my life at 33 years old? I’ll take it!!

Tips:

Track your food… everyday!
    -Don’t drink your calories… Drink water instead (lots of water!)
    -Get up and move! Even if it’s 10 minutes a day… get some exercise! Anything is better than nothing!
    -Eat your veggies, the greener the better!
    -Add protein into your diet. Chicken, Turkey, and Tilapia are some of my favorites.
    -Limit your sugar… and if you have sugar, do it in the morning.
    -Don’t let yourself get hungry, and don’t get to full…
    -Prep as much food as you can on your weekends… it’s easier to make healthy choices that way!

Instagram:katiehugfitness (I share food ideas and inspiration here if you’re interested! And… I don’t sell anything. Lol!)
    k3naqxidfh3l.jpeg
    t8e3vsz1fwci.png

• jullypost1963
    Options
    h9fqm7rx02il.jpg
    Hi you are just the person I was looking for this morning. I started myfitnesspal and pacer plus 7 minute workout yesterday AGAIN! I am 52 years old 5 kids a 33 year shift worker struggling with my weight since grade school. Currently 263 pounds the most I have ever being even when I was pregnant I never reached 245 on my 5 foot height. I have had weight loss successes before and when I married 28 years ago I was a size six. I haven't been under 200 in 20 years. My kids range from 27 down to 15. My husband and youngest two would be considered ideal weight or a little under for the youngest. Of course those three are very active. My oldest three are slightly over ideal. We eat on the lots (there are only 4 of us at home now) we are busy with sports work and fun. Why did I say you were who I was looking for? I need someone who "gets it". The weightloss struggle. My family is great when I start, but I quickly loose interest because I enjoy the wrong food on the incorrect servings. I have aches and pain but feel much better even after a half hours of exercise. I know what I need to do, move more make better choices consistancy. I have ready all your post, looked at your pictures, and want to be a sucess in that hard journey you travel. I need to be inspired by you. If you'd like to contact me I'd live your motivation
  • jullypost1963
    Options
    r2sbeolipdef.jpg
  • khill5555
    khill5555 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Such a inspiration to those of us just starting this journey!
  • Northernlight03
    Northernlight03 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Wow that's amazing!!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration!
  • k4tie82
    Options
    @jullypost1963 Hi!! I sent you a friend request! Proud of you for starting your journey!! I can tell you from experience the most effective way to do this and maintain in to make this a lifestyle change. I had to learn how to do everything g different, but it was 100% worth it! It's a long road, you can't jump off and quit for a month. It takes dedication everyday... If I can do this you can do this!! I wish you all the best for your journey!!
  • k4tie82
    Options
    @sammygold2015 thank you, that means a lot to me!
  • k4tie82
    Options
    @khill5555 That's my hope! I just want you all to know that this is possible!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Fine work chica!
  • k4tie82
    Options
    @Chaelaz thanks sista!!
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!
  • tobemeis2bfree
    tobemeis2bfree Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I needed your story this morning. How awesome!!! I'll be following on instagram.
  • k4tie82
    Options
    @tobemeis2bfree I so glad it helped you!! That's exactly why I shared my story!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!