Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Which section is the guys' section? :huh:
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    plenty of women in the free weight area of the gym.. myself included..
  • Katiesue806
    Katiesue806 Posts: 46 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm not saying I have a problem to lift weights I'm right up in there I just see many other girls not stepping near it! But also I go to a very packed gym with ALOT of people it happens alot guys are staring if you think it dosent I could look once and back sometimes and there still stairing! Many of them have came up to me and tryed talking to me or giving me advice which I don't care because I love talking about workingout but for other people probbably don't feel the same
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    eta

d) sometimes people stare. But the ones who do, probably do everywhere though, not just in the gym., it's just that we're more aware of it because of our insecurities.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    We have plenty of ladies in the free weights section of the University gym, but precious few taking on the squat racks... But I've seen the numbers growing slowly over the years. It's pretty awesome.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm also not saying no women are never in the guys section, just not as much as their should be! I know women will lift but many more women would be there as well if they didn't feel a certain way! I personally know a lot of girls who will do cardio and abs and that's it when weight training should be a big part of your workout
    What's a "guys section"???
    You mean the free weights? lol
    Not a "guys section".
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I am too busy lifting to notice whether or not anyone is staring at me.
  • Katiesue806
    Options
    We have plenty of ladies in the free weights section of the University gym, but precious few taking on the squat racks... But I've seen the numbers growing slowly over the years. It's pretty awesome.

Yes I agree! I've been workout ing out for over 4 years and the women really have been stepping up to the weights of course the squat rack but i just want to try a motivate those who still dont!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Yes I agree! I've been workout ing out for over 4 years and the women really have been stepping up to the weights of course the squat rack but i just want to try a motivate those who still dont!!

Maybe not referring to the area as "the guys section" would help.
    :/
  • Katiesue806
    Options
    I'm also not saying no women are never in the guys section, just not as much as their should be! I know women will lift but many more women would be there as well if they didn't feel a certain way! I personally know a lot of girls who will do cardio and abs and that's it when weight training should be a big part of your workout
    Not a "guys section".

I know that's why it's in "" because a lot of people have called it that before but I say free weights right after that. I was trying to make a point I know it's obviously not called a "guys section".
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I have a gym that I workout by myself at early in the morning. That way, nobody has to worry about possibly someone looking at them with admiration. Plus, I hate people. It's a win/win scenario.

I say that the plus of having my gym at home is that I can leave things out wherever I want to. But the minus is the jerk who leaves her stuff out wherever she wants to.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    We must go to different types of gyms. I lift, and I see other women lifting as well.

This ^ I frequent a few different 24 Hour Fitnesses and women seem to have no problem in the weight section. I notice at my work gym they tend to stick to the smaller weights and take them off in a corner to use them. I did use to belong to an all women's gym and I actually like it but it closed down.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Not a "guys section".

I know that's why it's in "" because a lot of people have called it that before but I say free weights right after that. I was trying to make a point I know it's obviously not called a "guys section".

I put it in quotes. You didn't.
  • Katiesue806
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Not a "guys section".

R u serious look at my title... that's in a quote hahahaha everyone else understands what I'm saying don't need to get all technical
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Not a "guys section".

R u serious look at my title... that's in a quote hahahaha

In the comment above... In several replies....
    But sure, okay... in your title you do put "guys" [sic] in quotes. yes.

Regardless: a good way to not perpetuate the silliness is to not call it that.
  • Katiesue806
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Not a "guys section".

Yea and I don't call it that like it's bothering you that much I said that..... get over it I was trying to make a point more women need to lift free weights and not think it's just for the guys so take your problem elsewhere.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Not a "guys section".

Yea and I don't call it that like it's bothering you that much I said that..... get over it I was trying to make a point more women need to lift free weights and not think it's just for the guys so take your problem elsewhere

LOL. You flagged me? You flagged everyone of my posts?
    It seems YOU need to get over it.
    Mods don't like that, by the way.

PS: Grammar and punctuation are your friends.
  • Katiesue806
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Not a "guys section".

Yea and I don't call it that like it's bothering you that much I said that..... get over it I was trying to make a point more women need to lift free weights and not think it's just for the guys so take your problem elsewhere

LOL. You flagged me?
    Seems YOU need to get over it. Seems YOU have a problem. You called it that. Not me.

Yea like your mad anoying get off of my page. You don't even have a picture of yourself I never had a problem with what I said YOU did that's why you just can't stop Messaging me.
  • SarahhGreeer
    SarahhGreeer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    To often I find myself the only women in the free weights section of the gym at many different gyms! Don't let guys make you feel ashamed or that you cant! Many guys might stair at you but don't let that stop you! Keep your head up and focus on your workout that your doing! Lifting is for women too and you won't become to manly if that's what your thinking (:

Haha I love this post, it's so true! I always notice myself being the only female and it saddens me because lifting free weights is so good for toning, which so many women complain about and say they need to improve! My best advice is to tak to the trainers at the gym and learn how to correctly use the equipment to look like a professional!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    *grabs popcorn*
This discussion has been closed.