Question for the ladies!

Options

Replies

• Fit_Kenzie
    Fit_Kenzie Posts: 124
    Options
    oh good lord!
    I really don't think you will "injure" anything with the pink barbie weights.
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Is it 1950 again???

In my opinion, this isn't helpful.. Someone is asking for help, and if you are unable to give it, you could think about just moving on.

I think this is just pointing out and outdated mode of thinking and is helpful. There are tons of misconceptions out there that have been handed down over the years that people cling to with no reason other than a respected elder told them or they've just heard it over and over and over. How many times did I hear that using a tampon takes your virginity and people still believe that today. Crazy.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Is it 1950 again???

In my opinion, this isn't helpful.. Someone is asking for help, and if you are unable to give it, you could think about just moving on.
    I'm sorry for your opinion. :flowerforyou:
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Injurys? what like your uterus falling out? No seriously what the hell?

I exercise on all days of my period and I have a goddamn civil war in there when I have my period.
  • Mister_Creosote
    Mister_Creosote Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Exercise increases flow

EvilDead-BloodSpray.gif

Stick with Zumba
  • proudandprejudiced
    Options
    Ugh - I can't imagine using a pad while working out. Tight gym shorts + a bulky pad? Gross. Use tampons, just remember to change them regularly and use bigger ones if you have a heavy flow. I workout most days, period or not. It doesn't affect my daily life at all. Lol.
  • BeLikeBarbi
    Options
    oh good lord!
    I really don't think you will "injure" anything with the pink barbie weights.

No I meant like stretching and what not. Cardio not weights.
  • BeLikeBarbi
    Options

I exercise on all days of my period and I have a goddamn civil war in there when I have my period.

LOL civil war, that's funny! I just meant like maybe pulling a muscle or exerting myself too hard during a time when I'm losing so much blood.
  • kkclif
    kkclif Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yeah you can absolutely exercise on your period. I agree with others, it helps with the cramps. I would definitely invest in some of those like sport tampons though if you aren't comfortable with regular ones. I don't think a pad would be very comfortable :ohwell: But thats just me.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options

LOL civil war, that's funny! I just meant like maybe pulling a muscle or exerting myself too hard during a time when I'm losing so much blood.

Last I checked you will survive. You are not going to bleed to death, if you pull a muscle it will be because you didn't warm up properly, or you have poor form or something, and if you over exert yourself you need to learn to listen to your body.

This has been happening to women for thousands of years, do you think cave women quit doing things when they started to bleed? I highly highly doubt it.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Stay in the red tent until your female curse is over.

Seriously, exercise is always good for you. I'm not sure where you ever got the idea that it wasn't safe or that you could injure yourself.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I think you'll be safe with zumba. DO NOT RUN...girl, you will regret it.
  • WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options
    I exercise every day of my period. I have found though that if I think my period is done (the first day it's done) and it is a run day I will flow for about 2 hours again after during and after the run.
  • hazelbliss6
    hazelbliss6 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have actually read that menses is the perfect time of the month to do cardio due to the specifc hormone levels at that time, and with how the hormones work in the fat burning process. So if anything, take advantage of that and 'Get the cardio on!' to utilize the fat-burning strategy. :happy:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I just sit in the bleeding tent out back for that 3 day span, but maybe that's just me.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    If you stick to Zumba you should be good.
  • Fit_Kenzie
    Fit_Kenzie Posts: 124
    Options
    Just wondering how old you are?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    On really heavy days I've always just walked or nothing. I also stear clear of ab focused workouts because it makes me crampy. Otherwise, I just listen to my body and adjust workouts accordingly.
  • BeLikeBarbi
    Options
    Just wondering how old you are?

Old enough to get my period! LOL I am 28.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you stick to Zumba you should be good.

Not sure if serious, but when I was doing Zumba I always skipped it on heavy days. Too much ab work. Made me cramp.