June 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. This thread is very inspirational. You all are amazing.

I am from Pleasant Grove, Utah. This morning's run was in the mid 60s with a humidity level of about 35%. It is supposed to get close to a 100 here for the next week or so during the day but it cools off pretty well at night, thankfully.

exercise.png

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options

6/02/15 - 6.25 miles
    6/03/15 - 3.3 miles
    6/04/15 - 6 miles
    6/05/15 - 3.55 miles
    6/07/15 - 4 miles, and 6 miles
    6/08/15 - 12 miles
    6/10/15 - 5 miles
    6/11/15 - 2.9 miles
    6/13/15 - 3.1 miles
    6/14/15 - 9.1 miles
    6/16/15 - 13 miles
    6/20/15 - 3 miles
    6/21/15 - 3.25 miles
    6/22/15 - 10 miles
    6/24/15 - 5.34 miles
    6/25/15 - 6.26 miles
    6/26/15 - 6.42 miles

exercise.png

• GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • JimCrackinDandy
    JimCrackinDandy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful running weather @scoutmomof8 ! WTG getting a run in this am before that predicted heat!
    Have a great run tomorrow @7lenny7 ! We are all rooting for ya!!!
    @skippygirlsmom - Great dog photo! I found this one on the internet. I've made them the desktop often.n2o90xr8fzk6.jpg
    toovl4ydo191.jpg

4miles recovery run- a day late. Crazy....because... after the 14 miler on Wed morning, I baked and decorated 100 Wedding cake cookies for my friend's son. He's getting married today. She needed the cookies yesterday. So I did not sleep Wed night and barely got them done in time to drop them off yesterday. Lesson learned? I sure hope!

exercise.png

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

My tan lines motivate me to get out there and make sure they are noticeable. Like @shanaber I have sock lines, bra lines, chest strap lines(barely), shorts lines, and tank lines. LOL! I sound like a zebra! For me they are like a badge of commitment. And I grew up where you spent all summer in the pool. No one but my doc sees them. (I don't think my husband has noticed).

I'm totally diggin' running with minimal pain. I do have a shin splints that threatening to become a problem

LOL- nope nope nope nope nope I sunblock when I'm driving in my car for more than an 30 minutes!!!
    I wear "more/less" than a bikini when I'm dancing- so halter top- and a belt with very open flowy skirts. Either your TAN- or your not. Tan lines look RIDICULOUS- I haven't gigged in 2 weeks- but I went out this weekend and I've been running more- and even with sunblock I'm way darker than normal- and I'm terrified of what I'm going to look like in my costumes tonight!!!

Glad you're mostly pain free though! That's awesome!
    I have tan lines... cute ones (not) low on my ankles and on my shoulders from my tanks. I am not supposed to have tan lines per the dermatologist, I am too dark, my freckles are running together now which is what happens when a redhead runs and gets too much sun, even in the mornings and with sunscreen. Honestly he told me to cover up head to feet when I run and gave me a catalog of terrible non-running clothes. As if that will ever happen!
    @shanaber
    LOL- yeah- I actually had to go see a derm for my face since I have weird inconsistent patches of meletonin- and any sun I get- just makes it look worse- my face constantly looks almost dirty (my coworker scared the *kitten* out of me today because he never noticed and he starts looking at me face SUPER funny and goes DUDE- WHAT"S WRONG WITH YOUR FACE!- scared me to death). So yeah- the less sun the better.

If I could get some long/head to toe but not burka style running clothes I'd be all about it. I'm gonna bust out my rash guards soon to keep me even looking. Or run at 530 LMAO.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

My tan lines motivate me to get out there and make sure they are noticeable. Like @shanaber I have sock lines, bra lines, chest strap lines(barely), shorts lines, and tank lines. LOL! I sound like a zebra! For me they are like a badge of commitment. And I grew up where you spent all summer in the pool. No one but my doc sees them. (I don't think my husband has noticed).

I'm totally diggin' running with minimal pain. I do have a shin splints that threatening to become a problem

LOL- nope nope nope nope nope I sunblock when I'm driving in my car for more than an 30 minutes!!!
    I wear "more/less" than a bikini when I'm dancing- so halter top- and a belt with very open flowy skirts. Either your TAN- or your not. Tan lines look RIDICULOUS- I haven't gigged in 2 weeks- but I went out this weekend and I've been running more- and even with sunblock I'm way darker than normal- and I'm terrified of what I'm going to look like in my costumes tonight!!!

Glad you're mostly pain free though! That's awesome!
    I have tan lines... cute ones (not) low on my ankles and on my shoulders from my tanks. I am not supposed to have tan lines per the dermatologist, I am too dark, my freckles are running together now which is what happens when a redhead runs and gets too much sun, even in the mornings and with sunscreen. Honestly he told me to cover up head to feet when I run and gave me a catalog of terrible non-running clothes. As if that will ever happen!
    @shanaber
    LOL- yeah- I actually had to go see a derm for my face since I have weird inconsistent patches of meletonin- and any sun I get- just makes it look worse- my face constantly looks almost dirty (my coworker scared the *kitten* out of me today because he never noticed and he starts looking at me face SUPER funny and goes DUDE- WHAT"S WRONG WITH YOUR FACE!- scared me to death). So yeah- the less sun the better.

If I could get some long/head to toe but not burka style running clothes I'd be all about it. I'm gonna bust out my rash guards soon to keep me even looking. Or run at 530 LMAO.

LOL! I'm so lucky my work clothes are company issued coveralls! No skin showing here as there is a risk of flash fires. Tan lines would be aweful if I had to wear anything that showed my shoulders.

• JoRocka
    Options
    #bellydancingisn'tasglamourousaspeoplethink

LOL
  • KOW75
    KOW75 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • jlbrown1985
    jlbrown1985 Posts: 136 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options

LOL

LOL I hear it's great exercise though.
  • JoRocka
    Options

LOL

I hear that often LOL.

I lift- and I run.

But dance: I dance because I love it- and it's one of my jobs- so it's not really "exercise" But the yoga we do has been very helpful. LOL
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Update!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options

LOL

I hear that often LOL.

I lift- and I run.

But dance: I dance because I love it- and it's one of my jobs- so it's not really "exercise" But the yoga we do has been very helpful. LOL

I looked in to a class, but it was at 9am. Darn work got in the way. I'm so mentally uncoordinated. I get lost in yoga class. :neutral:
  • JoRocka
    Options

LOL

I hear that often LOL.

I lift- and I run.

I looked in to a class, but it was at 9am. Darn work got in the way. I'm so mentally uncoordinated. I get lost in yoga class. :neutral:

cool thing is- unless you have some sort of neurological issue that hinders it- balance/coordination- totally a skill set that can be improved upon!!!

But I hear you- work gets in the way of everything :( poop.

• Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    28.85/31
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    55.3mi.....beatin the heat B)
    way to go @JimCrackinDandy, @shanaber had a great tip regarding our mutual wear/tear of sneaks
    Thanks @shanaber, added Duct tape the new kix. I'll have you to thank (or blame) when the get past 200miles. And yes.. I'm way past the pitcher on this one
    @skippygirlsmom , appreciate the inspiring words (no, I won't embarass either of us by launching into "the wind beneath my wings") keep on!
    • 01 - 1.8 mi (rainy)
    • 06 - 7.4 mi
    • 08 - 6.8 mi (hill climb)
    • 10 - 8.2 mi (rain/humid..gack)
    • 12 - 4.3 mi (zigzagging through the tourist like halfback)
    • 15 - 7.3 mi
    • 17 - 3.3 mi PR fastest route 5K
    • 20 - 6.5 mi PR fastest route 10K
    • 23 - 5.4 mi (break'n in no shooz)*
    • 26 - 3.5 mi (too hot..like Kool & the Gang)
    exercise.png

• Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Did a nice mid-afternoon 5 miler today with some buddies. Always amazing how quickly time passes when you run with friends (and on flatter surfaces). I'll be running 12 on Sunday, so debating between taking a rest day tomorrow, or just doing 6 so I can wrap up my goal 2 days early (and then go for 150 for the sake of a bigger and rounder number on Monday/Tuesday).

6/2 - 5 miles
    6/3 - 4.5 miles
    6/4 - 5 miles
    6/6 - 0.5 miles
    6/7 - 10 miles
    6/9 - 4.5 miles
    6/10 - 7 miles
    6/11 - 6 miles
    6/12 - 6 miles
    6/14 - 15 miles
    6/15 - 8 miles
    6/16 - 6 miles
    6/17 - 4 miles
    6/18 - 1 mile (pre lifting treadmill)
    6/21 - 6.5 miles (1.5 treadmill + 5 outdoors)
    6/22 - 10 miles
    6/23 - 6 miles
    6/24 - 6 miles
    6/25 - 6 miles (including 8x400s at 6 min/mile pace)
    6/26 - 5 miles

Total: 122 miles
    Goal: 140 miles
    Remaining: 18 miles
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    @mwyvr - it is hot, especially for those of you on the west coast further north! I don't know if you guys are getting the humidity we are though!
    @skippygirlsmom - love the dog! I think that would be Hobbes except he pouts when I don't take him with me!
    @ddmom0811 - You've got this - there are still 4 days left in the month!
    @JimCrackinDandy - love the dog laying on its side and the look on the runners face :) You are amazing making all those cookies - wow!
    @JoRocka - Nike makes a very thin, breathable, fabric (cool breeze) in both short and long sleeves that would work well to keep the sun off and not be too hot! I only see it online in short sleeve but they had it at the outlet in both.
    @RunTimer - I hope it works!
    Made my goal and going to be over tomorrow!! WhooHoo - have a long run in the morning plus Monday and Tuesday!
    Almost there everyone!! Let's take it home!!

Date.......Miles......Total
    06/01.....5.49.......5.49 - +Agility
    06/02.....4.71.....10.20 - Race pace +Strength training
    06/04.....4.15.....14.35 - Sprints +Strength training
    06/05.....4.89.....19.24 - Easy
    06/06...12.43.....31.67 - Hard fought long run
    06/07.....0.00.....31.67 - Rest
    06/08.....4.67.....36.34 - +Agility
    06/09.....5.81.....42.15 - Race pace +Strength training
    06/10.....0.00.....42.15
    06/11.....7.78.....49.93 - +Strength training
    06/12.....5.76.....55.69 - Easy
    06/13.....6.85.....62.54 - Was supposed to be my long run but was feeling sick. Terrible run
    06/14.....0.00.....62.54 - Rest
    06/15.....5.48.....68.02 - Feeling great again
    06/16.....4.85.....72.87 - Race pace +Strength training
    06/17.....0.00.....72.87 - Rest
    06/18.....6.60.....79.47 - +Strength training
    06/19.....5.08.....84.55 - 'Easy'
    06/20...13.20.....97.75
    06/21.....0.00.....97.75 - Dog Beach Father's Day Sunday
    06/22.....6.40...104.15 - +Agility
    06/23.....4.73...108.88 - Race pace +Strength training
    06/24.....0.00...108.88 - Rest
    06/25.....4.79...113.67
    06/26.....6.49...120.16 - Easy - GOAL!!

exercise.png
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    Since most of us are saying how hot it is, what has been the temperature and humidity while you are running and what part of the country are you in?

This morning at 5:15 it was 74 degrees and 98% humidity here in Northern Alabama. It's funny I sweat some when running, but the minute I stop it starts to pour off me.

Last night it was about 93 and 90% humidity and a guy ran past my house with no water..I ran out with water bottle and when I handed it to him (like I was an aid station LOL) he was like oh thank you so much I forgot my water. Hey buddy in another hour the sun will go down! Good night man.
    @skippygirlsmom - it has been mid 60's with 90-98% humidity and overcast with marine layer at 6am here when I have been running in Anaheim, California. It has been pretty close to 90 in the heat of the day with 50% humidity. We are expecting thunderstorms possibly tomorrow - depending on where they are it could help the wild fires that are burning or create more.
  • Harpin_Maddog
    Harpin_Maddog Posts: 52 Member
    Options

exercise.png