Doritos were always my #1, years ago
  • bmb42
    bmb42 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. Hands down.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I don't think the study is very accurate with the self reporting. The article said
    A recent study from the University of Michigan asked people assess their food habits using the Yale Food Addiction Scale, according to Grandparents.com. Participants scored foods between 1 and 7 based on resistability (1 being the easiest to resist, 7 being the most difficult.)

Were there any other foods on the list other than "junk" (I hate that term) food?
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... I think cake should be higher up...and probably sodas too. I'm currently addicted to S'mores Oreo's...they are amazing :)
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I wouldn't say "addictive" per se, but I will say that it's very easy for me to eat more than one serving before reaching satisfaction if I don't plan appropriately.

ETA: for me, I would replace soda and cake for Biscoff and peanut butter. Soda is too sweet and it burns. Cake served at a random party is often mediocre as far as quality goes.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    They forgot bread.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Other foods that made the top 15 include cheese, bacon, fried chicken, rolls, and buttered popcorn.

I don't think food is addictive...some are more palatable yes...and that list...I can agree with all of them...I might change the order tho...

For example cheese pizza eh I would pass on...all meat with green olives...I am all over that like white on rice.

Chocolate...dark eh...milk for sure...

chips...plain with dip only...sweet chili and sour cream kettle cooked...for sure.

cookies...eh...

Cheeseburger with bacon and avocado oh yah..no ketchup...no thanks...

Regular soda nope...diet coke...absolutely.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I just hate the term "addictive" when it comes to food stuffs.

I have a great deal of difficulty exercising self control with potato chips and tortilla chips with salsa. Those things are my cryptonite. I'm not addicted to them though...they're just so damned good I don't want to stop eating them. I might be addicted to the salsa burn though...I love it when flames are practically shooting out of my nostrils.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    jos05 wrote: »
    Hmmm... I think cake should be higher up...and probably sodas too. I'm currently addicted to S'mores Oreo's...they are amazing :)

I am trying to avoid those things like the plague. I know once I try them, I am going to always have a hard time passing them up, so I just rush right by them in the store.

I can most definitely say that the above list is exactly what got me where I am. I LOVE all of those things and have binged and gorged on them so many times. So, I agree with the list. Now my challenge is trying to find ways to still enjoy these foods occasionally without losing control. Because a world without pizza or cheeseburgers and french fries is not a world I want to live in.

• Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    9 most delicious foods, maybe.

I'd combine chocolate + cake and make that #1.

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    "Addictive" sure sounds like an excuse.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Right. Sure.

We are sour patch kids or caramel? Or sense of personal responsibility. Why is that never something people say they are addicted to?

The Yale Food Addiction Scale is weird. They prime study participants to think of fatty or sugary foods before looking at a food list. And then that food list only contains items that people would deem as "bad" food. It seems pretty biased.

http://www.midss.org/sites/default/files/yale_food_addiction_scale.pdf
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    "Betcha can't eat just one". Lays' marketing team knew.

Lemonheads weren't on the list either, but at least they are kind of hard to find.

I'm surprised pizza is #1. I guess the addictive part must be talking about foods that are hard to have just a taste. Anyway, salty stuff is hardest for me (other than lemonheads).

55835802.png
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Dont believe in being addicted to food. More in no willpower or leak of self control.

For the food list? i think that is different for everybody what they like so much that they can eat it like a pig.

For me crisps, Dutch smoked ael, and avocado's
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    jos05 wrote: »

Good to know, I'll pick some up. I saw them on a center display at the grocery store but I already had Reese's Oreos in my cart. Those are good too. I was looking for the limited time red velvet cake Oreo's though..those were heaven. *grumble* Next Valentine's I'm stocking up.

• jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    List cannot be correct. doesn't have Brussel sprouts
  • RougeSara
    RougeSara Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Nacho cheese Doritos and brownies. Walkers (NOT LAYS) Salt and Vinegar crisps and smokey bacon. Also scampi fries lol.
  • LolaKarwowski
    LolaKarwowski Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm not at all surprised at pizza being #1 and chocolate being #2. They are the reason I am here ;)
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    None of those would be on my list, not keen on any of them really. Pork crackling or a slab of freshly cooked crusty bread smothered in butter and I'd be drooling!