9 Most Addictive Foods

Options

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chip cookie ice cream cakes must be like super-concentrated cocaine laced with meth and morphine.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    kfvs12.com/story/29189593/9-most-addictive-foods

1.Pizza
    2.Chocolate
    3.Chips
    4.Cookies
    5.Ice cream
    6.French fries
    7.Cheeseburger
    8.Soda
    9.Cake

Thoughts?

What a silly generic list. Pizza, cookies, chips, ice cream and cake are more types of food preparation than specific foods.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    jpaulie wrote: »
    List cannot be correct. doesn't have Brussel sprouts

Not sure if you are being serious, but when you slather them with olive oil and roast them till they are crunchy they are pretty hard to say no to. These have contributed more to my weight gain than anything on the OP's list.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    The absence of BBQ on this list strips it of all credibility.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I don't think any food is addictive. If it's delicious, I need to exercise strong self-control. So for me, the range of foods that make the list are far too numerous to list.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    I think Nutella should be added to that list. I can't get within 5ft of a jar without eating the whole thing.

Anyway, I don't believe ANY food is addictive. People chose what they eat and to succumb to cravings. Your body isn't going to shrivel up if you don't get Pizza now...

I had Nutella for the first time last month *hangs head* on a Tim's donut...I could see how it could get bad if I let myself indulge...soooo goooood.

It's best on freshly toasted toast. It gets all melty. So good.
    Also good as a PB&N sammich.
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    NO on ice cream, cheeseburger and cake - but double yes on the others. dangerously yes
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I think they mean addictive like you just won't leave it alone at this time, and once you pick it up you won't stop at a decent amount considering what type of food it is -- Not addictive like alcohol or drugs.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    kfvs12.com/story/29189593/9-most-addictive-foods

1.Pizza
    2.Chocolate
    3.Chips
    4.Cookies
    5.Ice cream
    6.French fries
    7.Cheeseburger
    8.Soda
    9.Cake

Thoughts?

I eat of of these things as part of my diet (diet soda), and I have no issues just eating one portion/whatever I've already worked into my calorie/macros goals for the day. We're having pizza tonight for supper and I've already got it factored into my eating plan for the day-will have no problem eating my 2 slices of pizza, two bread sticks and side salad, and then walking away from the table when I've finished it. Already have my evening beer factored in as well :)

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I don't believe any food is "addictive". Some are tastier than others, some are products of great marketing strategies (Big Mac Attack comes to mind to those who are old as the hills like I am), but most are people looking for excuses to eat their scoopable Tostados with spinach dip all day long . . . which reminds me . . .
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    As others have said, "addictive" seems like something of a stretch, but there are some foods that I have a harder time with limiting myself to just one serving than others. Of the things on the list, I would go with potato chips and cake. The others...not so much. And I actually have more of a problem with bread and pie than the stuff on the list. And oddly enough, lettuce, but I doubt that one has a chance of making it to the list.

Funny how we're all so different-I have three bags of potato chips in my kitchen right now and I have absolutely no interest in them. I'm also not a fan of cake-I request cheesecake instead of traditional cake for my birthdays :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    "Addictive" sure sounds like an excuse.

My thoughts exactly!
  • Iiftlovelunge
    Iiftlovelunge Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    MarieB1029 wrote: »
    Peanut butter. Hands down.

This. And Smartfood popcorn. (Not together...)
  • RachelElizabeth28
    RachelElizabeth28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can pass on chips and French fries pretty easily (I eat them occasionally, though). For me, bread and cheese are harder to give up. It's not so much getting out of control in a sitting, it's that I like to eat them every day and I know I could be making better choices.

Also find it hard to pass on cupcakes when offered.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    They forgot bread.

That was also my first thought. None of the items on that list even remotely entice me. Most of them I have not had anywhere from a few month ( cookies ) to several decades ( fast food burger ) which I am certain has to do with the food cultures I have so far lived in.
    Addictive ( whatever that is supposed to mean. For me it mean that I used to eat out of control with plans to eat one slice of bread, but before being even aware I had eaten four ) to me is: Bread, especially well made soughdough or other artesanal breads with just plain butter is to a large part the food I over indulged in. In second place are all kinds of rice and then comes pasta, followed by beans, lentils and similar foods.

• Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Everyone knows the most addictive food is sunflower seeds.

I think you are wrong.....I think it's cauliflower, especially when turned into pizza crust or tortillas.....:o).

• andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    and I was thinking "special " brownies.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Thin mint girl scout cookies - I can eat an entire sleeve before I realize it.
    Pringles potato chips - same thing - I can eat 3/4 of the can before I know it.
    And bread- homemade warm yeast bread or rolls with real butter. (makes Homer Simpson sound....)