For heterosexual couples on the "journey" together...

Options
13»

Replies

• wolfruhn
    wolfruhn Posts: 3,025 Member
    Options
    A wolf burns far more calories than a human when hunting. And I'm hungry... lol
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    DaveAkeman wrote: »
    Emilia777 wrote: »
    Maximus wrote: »
    it's a thing because John made it a thing.

Can we un-thing it?

Sadly, Emilia, no. In general, men are taller and heavier, and have a lower BF%, than women. That's just the way God made us. You and your boyfriend may be exceptions . . . perhaps you're taller, or he's shorter, then average, but, ON AVERAGE, men just lose weight faster than women. It might not be fair, but it IS.

Also, sadly, once these discussions get off-topic and wandering, MFP does not appear to have an un-follow option . . .

They may lose weight faster on average in absolute terms, but when looking at it as a percentage of total body weight, I'm not sure that holds.

I'm not disputing that there is variation in TDEE between genders. What I'm saying is that it doesn't matter (to me), and it certainly doesn't make me mad, that other people might eat more or less and lose more or less weight. It especially doesn't matter if my significant other does. Even within the same gender, there is a lot of variation in TDEE depending on height.
  • Emilia777
    Options
    wolfruhn wrote: »

Now if only I could get lycanthropy... :D
  • wolfruhn
    Options

Come closer, that's it. Just a little bit closer, and now... Just lay down and let me bite you haha ;)
  • Emilia777
    Options

Come closer, that's it. Just a little bit closer, and now... Just lay down and let me bite you haha ;)

You know you could turn this into the Next Big Diet, right? I can see it now: eat as much as you like in human form, and then just hope for a full moon so you turn into a werewolf and burn it all off with vigorous exercise! And the best part: you won’t even know you’re working out! Warning: be advised that heart rate monitors may not give accurate calorie burns.

(Sorry, I’m sleep deprived today. All this makes sense in my head.)
  • wolfruhn
    Options

You know you could turn this into the Next Big Diet, right? I can see it now: eat as much as you like in human form, and then just hope for a full moon so you turn into a werewolf and burn it all off with vigorous exercise! And the best part: you won’t even know you’re working out! Warning: be advised that heart rate monitors may not give accurate calorie burns.

(Sorry, I’m sleep deprived today. All this makes sense in my head.)

Hmmm you seem super tasty ;) A real treat! When is the next full moon? Not long I think... I'll be looking for you haha! ;)
  • Emilia777
    Options
    Very Little Red Riding Hood of you!
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    I have to ask the women...is it infuriating how many more calories we men get to eat in a day and still get results?

It has to be hard.

Not just men. Pretty much everybody who are much taller than me!
    I agree with that! To workout with my friend/coworker that gets credit for 1,000 cals burned while I get 350 for the same work! I understand that I now weigh half as much as she does, but still get irrationally irate!