Am I the only person who doesn't go to the gym?

Options
124»

Replies

• AlySmith88
    AlySmith88 Posts: 16 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I dont cause I can't afford it
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to a gym in 10 or 15 yrs. I hate gyms. They tend to full of judgmental people, posers, germs, and people who try to sell you protein shakes and diet pills. Plus they are notorious for overcharging, terrible customer service, and predatory contracts with no refunds or cancellations.
  • hammett50
    hammett50 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I find if I go to the gym I eat more crap ! :( Lol
  • ZeldaHowarth
    ZeldaHowarth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The great out doors is my gym. No matter what the season. Snow shoeing, boating and fishing, gardening and walking the dogs. Yoga for the mind and body. Too much judging at the gym.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym because (1) it's $99 a year for unlimited access and (2) work just moved offices last month and there is a free one there (it's small but I get my Tuesday runs in on lunchtime instead of going after work, since I am unavailable to go int he early mornings), and (3) I love going to the gym.

However, the gym and/or exercise are not mandatory to losing weight, a calorie deficit is. :)

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    the money I saved on canceling my gym membership paid for my power rack, bar, bench, weights, etc. in about 12 months.

If I had room at home, I would be open to a home gym. I admire people who have gym equipment.
  • landiekate
    landiekate Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Nope! :O I've been once, and prefer the privacy of my own home. On top of that, I can't afford to GO to any of the gyms around here ; I live so far back out in the woods, it'd cost more GOING to the gym than the membership itself. My first round at weight-lost was done 100% at home. I'm pretty much sold on Beachbody programs, they got me through the first time. And here we go the second . . .
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    draznyth wrote: »
    the money I saved on canceling my gym membership paid for my power rack, bar, bench, weights, etc. in about 12 months.

If I had room at home, I would be open to a home gym. I admire people who have gym equipment.

lol I had to sacrifice 1/3 of my living room but no complaints here
  • malavika413
    malavika413 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym. I do Zumba, Blogilates, and lift tiny weights at home. I'm probably going to start running when I leave home and head back to school.
  • iamonaroll
    iamonaroll Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    naxeea wrote: »
    Don't worry ,you ain't alone :) I don't go to gym,I like doing home workouts.