Fun things you said at labor

Options
12346»

Replies

• sugaree1202
    sugaree1202 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    After reading all these posts I don't know if I am ready for having children. Thank god my Fiancee and I aren't at that stage yet but dang I was afraid as it was, reading all of these didn't help lol

I completely forgot the pain as soon as both of my kids were born - it's worth every second!

During the unmedicated birth of my second, I remeber being so out of it from the pain during contractions that I forgot where I was and why I was in so much pain. Between contractions I had to remind myself, "Jess, you're in the hospital having a baby". That definitely got ne some strange looks from the nurses.
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    They gave me some kind of gas and when the nurse came back into the room I said" How are you doing" in a flirty tone! After 10 years Im still embarrassed...lol

I just totally imagined a Joey from friends type how you doing LOL!!
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Well, this isn't exactly fun per say, but I was standing up next to the delivery table when all of a sudden the baby decided it was time to show up. I felt him in the birth canal and said, "Oh my God, I can't move and he's coming...he'll fall out if I move!" I felt a pair of hands lift me up and put me onto the birthing table like it was nothing. It was my husband...from the OTHER side of the table!!!! I don't know how in the world he did that. I mean he's no wimp by any means, but I was 216 lbs and he didn't injure himself! LOL I just remember saying, "how did you...oh owwwwwwwwww, thanks!"
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    When I got to the hospital I was already 9cm, and I was in EXCRUCIATING pain. After they checked me they gave me a quick ultrasound and I was able to stop writhing around long enough to ask "is it still a girl??" The nurse laughed and said um we're more worried about the baby being healthy right now. Lol I was so terrified because people kept telling me all these stories about the baby coming out a different sex then they were told lol. Oh and the whole ride to the hospital I was on all fours in the front seat screaming to my bf to pull over and call an ambulance lol.
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Well, this isn't exactly fun per say, but I was standing up next to the delivery table when all of a sudden the baby decided it was time to show up. I felt him in the birth canal and said, "Oh my God, I can't move and he's coming...he'll fall out if I move!" I felt a pair of hands lift me up and put me onto the birthing table like it was nothing. It was my husband...from the OTHER side of the table!!!! I don't know how in the world he did that. I mean he's no wimp by any means, but I was 216 lbs and he didn't injure himself! LOL I just remember saying, "how did you...oh owwwwwwwwww, thanks!"

That is too cute :)
  • abunk72
    abunk72 Posts: 10
    Options
    During my third birth, my husband made the silly mistake of telling me where our son's head was at the height of pushing...... In what I imagine was a rather demonic voice, I told him in no uncertain terms that I was well aware of where his head was:-) Silly man.....