Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?

Options

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,038 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Is it so high in calories you become fat, grow a beard and laugh "ho, ho, ho?"

Aren't you clever? 🎅 🤣
  • srazamora
    srazamora Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Is it so high in calories you become fat, grow a beard and laugh "ho, ho, ho?"

If that’s the case, can I have a skinny latte ASAP? 😂

• Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,486 Member
    Options
    @frankwbrown shouldn't I have actually clicked on the link that Starbucks sent where they said my personal favourite would indeed be returning?? 🥳 @cmsienk, have you tried the Irish Cream Americano? If not, will you? @nossmf, did you know that I can easily work the calories of this particular drink into my allotted calories without growing a Santa belly or something? Wasn't the "or something" an ode to @srazamora so that I could celebrate with all recent contributors to this thread? Is it obvious, I just did a meeting on inclusivity? 😂
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Would a vertically-challenged individual in turn ask for a tall latte?
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,311 Member
    Options
    Should I be asking for a skinny mocha?
  • srazamora
    Options
    Would a vertically-challenged individual in turn ask for a tall latte?

If a vertically-challenged individual orders a tall, what does that make me for ordering a skinny? 🤔
  • nossmf
    Options
    srazamora wrote: »
    If a vertically-challenged individual orders a tall, what does that make me for ordering a skinny? 🤔

Somebody not ordering at Starbucks? Their orders are available in tall, venti and grande, am I right? Could you please educate me on the actual meaning of ordering a skinny?
  • nossmf
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    Is it obvious, I just did a meeting on inclusivity? 😂

Do you understand how obnoxious my youngest daughter was for a week, responding "I told you a MILLION times" to almost everything, until she finally admitted she'd been working on a school assignment encouraging the students to use exaggeration in everyday language and judge the reactions she received? Am I supposed to be happy or annoyed that she was using us (her parents) as unwitting guinea pigs in her experiment?
  • cmsienk
    edited November 2021
    Options

Somebody not ordering at Starbucks? Their orders are available in tall, venti and grande, am I right? Could you please educate me on the actual meaning of ordering a skinny?

EDIT:
    Doesn't skinny mean non-fat milk, sugar-free, no whipped cream?
  • cmsienk
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    Is it obvious, I just did a meeting on inclusivity? 😂

Do you understand how obnoxious my youngest daughter was for a week, responding "I told you a MILLION times" to almost everything, until she finally admitted she'd been working on a school assignment encouraging the students to use exaggeration in everyday language and judge the reactions she received? Am I supposed to be happy or annoyed that she was using us (her parents) as unwitting guinea pigs in her experiment?

Shouldn't you be mostly proud that she did such a good job on her homework assignment?
  • nossmf
    Options
    Do you know how much lower my family's milk bill would be each month if my daughter (soy) and others (2%) all drank no-fat skim like me?
  • frankwbrown
    edited November 2021
    Options

Aren't the Starbucks cup sizes peculiar?
    Doesn't it seem silly that a tall is the smallest of the three cup sizes you mentioned, until you realize there are other sizes as well?
    Doesn't it make more sense when you know that:
    • a demi is 3 oz. (demi for demitasse, for espressos),
    • a short is 8 oz., the size of a typical coffee cup,
    • a tall is 12 oz., which is in fact a tall coffee,
    • a grande is 16 oz.,... okay, like... a really large coffee,
    • a venti is 20 oz., for those who are addicted to caffeine I suppose,
    • and a trenta is 30 oz., and isn't this one only available for iced drinks (including teas, lemonades and refreshers)?

Also, won't you please note the irony that, for iced drinks and frappuccinos, a venti, which of course is "twenty" in Italian, is in fact twenty-four ounces?
  • srazamora
    Options

With that level of sidestepping, shouldn’t you be a politician, @nossmf ?

• frankwbrown
    Options
    Do you know how much lower my family's milk bill would be each month if my daughter (soy) and others (2%) all drank no-fat skim like me?
    Aren't I fortunate that I don't have that problem?
    Don't I normally drink nonfat milk also, but am currently enjoying the creaminess of 1% lowfat milk?
    Isn't this due to the fact that on my last trip to the market, I was not too pleased with the sell-by date on the nonfat so got 1% instead, as it gave me more days?
    (Isn't this where I can say, "That's my story, and I'm sticking to it"?) 😂
  • frankwbrown
    Options

Were you suggesting, @nossmf, that a Starbucks tall drink is actually short, since it is shorter than the other two you mentioned, and so perhaps a vertically-challenged person might also want to be called tall? 🤔😂
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Should I ask for a vertically challenged latte at Starbucks, and see what I get?
  • nossmf
    Options

Would you vote for me, @srazamora?
  • nossmf
    Options
    Does it drive anybody else crazy when you call a recurring service (cable, exterminator, etc) to cancel your subscription, then have to spend ten minutes justifying your decision while the other person tries to change your mind?
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Does it drive anybody else crazy when you call a recurring service (cable, exterminator, etc) to cancel your subscription, then have to spend ten minutes justifying your decision while the other person tries to change your mind?

Isn't that a tactic some people use to get a lower rate?
  • cmsienk
    Options
    How are my fellow insomniacs doing?