Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?

Options

Replies

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,311 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    How are my fellow insomniacs doing?
    Well, it's only 8:54pm here right now, so isn't it too early for me to know if that applies to me tonight?

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,038 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    How are my fellow insomniacs doing?
    Well, it's only 8:54pm here right now, so isn't it too early for me to know if that applies to me tonight?

Aren't you probably right about that?
  • frankwbrown
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Didn't I doze off for a while there, maybe due to post-swim fatigue?
    So aren't I inclined to think I won't have a problem sleeping tonight?
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,486 Member
    Options
    Is this where the fellow insomniac checks in? 👋
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Didn't I doze off for a while there, maybe due to post-swim fatigue?
    So aren't I inclined to think I won't have a problem sleeping tonight?
    Isn't it the case that it wasn't a problem, until 3am that is?
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    Is this where the fellow insomniac checks in? 👋

Didn't you find the right place?
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    Isn’t my problem staying asleep too? Should I look on the bright side this morning? Isn’t it absolutely silent (except for the humming fridge) and peaceful with no one else up in the house?
  • cmsienk
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Is that the optimist in you speaking? Didn't I finally fall asleep at 1am only to wake up at 6:30, much earlier than necessary?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Well, haven't I fooled around long enough to add new activities for pilates and tai chi to my watch?
    Isn't it time I went for a morning walk, at a riverside park (creek side really) that opens at 6am?
    And during my walk, won't I be looking forward to trying a peppermint mocha this morning?
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Won't you enjoy your walk and your Mocha?
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Which is better: peppermint or cinnamon mocha?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Is that a serious question? Shouldn't peppermint be added to the list of controlled substances and banned from normal daily exposure? Can you tell I am not overly fond of peppermint?
  • cmsienk
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Wasn't I going to say it's a close call between the two, but wouldn't I choose cinnamon first? Can you tell I don't have an aversion to peppermint?
  • frankwbrown
    edited November 2021
    Options
    NVintage wrote: »
    Which is better: peppermint or cinnamon mocha?
    Wouldn't I like to know as well, since I've never had a cinnamon mocha and am having only my first peppermint mocha right now?

@Cat0703a, don't I find this peppermint mocha to be tasty as a holiday treat but still a bit much? Isn't it unlikely I'll be getting another one?

@nossmf, wouldn't I advise anyone averse to peppermint to steer clear of this drink, even though it's legal?
    At one point in the not too distant past, didn't I find unsweetened peppermint iced tea to be a very good replacement for the sodas, Snapples, lemonades, etc. that I had been drinking?

@cmsienk, don't I too think cinnamon wins (easily, for me) over peppermint? I wonder why I usually only have cinnamon in foods and not drinks?

• frankwbrown
    Options
    As the flavor of my peppermint mocha lingers, aren't I wondering if perhaps I might have another?
    As I was pondering my appreciation of the combination of chocolate and peppermint together, didn't it suddenly occur to me that, to the best of my knowledge, the best combination of those can be found in an Andes Chocolate Mint?
  • nossmf
    Options
    Do you understand I used to hate going to the dentist as a kid, not because of the actual cleaning, but because of the peppermint-flavored polishing paste they insisted on using? Do you know how insanely jealous I am of my kids who get to choose between peppermint, chocolate, bubble gum, birthday cake, and a couple others? And is it weird that I'm ok with spearmint, it's only peppermint I reject?
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    Aren’t peppermint mochas way too sweet for me? Don’t I much prefer my Irish cream Americanos with a dusting of cocoa or my skinny cinnamon dolce lattes (before they got rid of the sugar free syrup)?
  • bellababy9031
    bellababy9031 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't you rather just slurp tequila out of my.....

belly button???
  • nossmf
    Options
    Wouldn't I rather have a shot of Hot Damn cinnamon schnapps rather than tequila? Didn't I and a buddy finish off a full bottle of Gold Schlager on New Year's Eve 1999 as we waited for the world to end together due to Y2K? (Do we have any young pups reading this who don't know to what I'm referring?) Didn't we think it was doing just that, when we drunkenly witnessed some fool launching fireworks from their back deck and thought the world was literally exploding?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Is it weird that I find spearmint to be the one I reject, and peppermint the one I prefer?
    After googling the two, didn't I find some seemingly conflicting opinions, on the reason I prefer peppermint? So who to believe?
    • Mint brings a bright, bold flavor to recipes. On the savory side, spearmint is usually the mint of choice, however when it comes to sweet, peppermint is the herb of choice as it pairs well with chocolate and citrus flavors.
    • Peppermint contains 40% menthol while spearmint contains less than 1% menthol. This means peppermint is going to have a more intense “minty” flavor that spearmint. ... If you have a lighter flavor that borders on sweetness, you're most likely tasting spearmint.
    • Therefore peppermint is especially pungent and even spicy, hence the 'pepper' in its name. Spearmint, on the other hand, contains a compound called carvone, which gives it a much subtler, sweeter flavour.
    • However, when it comes down to it, spearmint is better in savory dishes while peppermint is better used for a chocolate dessert.
    Doesn't the general consensus seem to be that spearmint is more subtle and slightly sweeter, and peppermint is more spicy and "minty"? So isn't it odd that spearmint is preferred for savory, and peppermint pairs well with chocolate?