Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?

Options

Replies

• srazamora
    srazamora Posts: 4,124 Member
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    srazamora wrote: »
    Was it intriguing enough to entice friends over to my island? Perhaps a question thread questioners group road (and ferry) trip?

You have your own island, @Cat0703a ? How did you manage that?

Well isn’t it possible that I may share it with some others? 😆 If I typed “the island” wouldn’t I have known I meant the one that I reside on but it may have been less obvious to others since there are many islands around I could be referring to? All that aside, are you up for a Question Threaders road trip, oh Empress @srazamora?

Can I assume my accommodations would be complimentary being that I’m Empress and all? Would I need to send for a yacht since my usual horse-drawn Cinderella-style carriage wouldn’t make it across the water?
  • srazamora
    Options
    Mtn_hikin wrote: »
    Did everyone sleep?

Does 4 hours and 24 minutes count? 😴 Why does it come so much more easily when it’s time to be awake?
  • AdahGreen2022
    AdahGreen2022 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Why ask why?
  • srazamora
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    ETA: If I started time stamping my posts, would anyone else time stamp theirs? 8am EST

Is it an unreasonable request from the thread’s Empress to require a signature on each comment that states the time, ounces of coffee ingested, and hours of sleep?

8:27 AM EST
    0 oz ☕️
    4:24 😴
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,421 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Was it intriguing enough to entice friends over to my island? Perhaps a question thread questioners group road (and ferry) trip?

You have your own island, @Cat0703a ? How did you manage that?

Well isn’t it possible that I may share it with some others? 😆 If I typed “the island” wouldn’t I have known I meant the one that I reside on but it may have been less obvious to others since there are many islands around I could be referring to? All that aside, are you up for a Question Threaders road trip, oh Empress @srazamora?

Can I assume my accommodations would be complimentary being that I’m Empress and all? Would I need to send for a yacht since my usual horse-drawn Cinderella-style carriage wouldn’t make it across the water?

Shouldn’t the hotel named after you give you a free room and not just any ol room but the best one?
    b0l923hiilv0.jpeg

5:36, 5:39, and 5:44 AM PST
    0 ml ☕️
    5:11 then ordered to sleep for another 1:25 😴
  • Mtn_hikin
    Mtn_hikin Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    So you follow orders now?
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,821 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Were you trying to make me spit out my coffee? 🤣
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    Were you trying to make me spit out my coffee? 🤣

1. Was it shower coffee? Isn’t it worth spitting out anyway since it’s very watery?
    2. Are you counting how much coffee consumed as per the Empress’s request and does this amount include coffee originally ingested or the amount not currently on the phone and table?
  • srazamora
    Options

Shouldn’t the hotel named after you give you a free room and not just any ol room but the best one?
    b0l923hiilv0.jpeg

5:36, 5:39, and 5:44 AM PST
    0 ml ☕️
    5:11 then ordered to sleep for another 1:25 😴

Is that my carriage awaiting me?! 😲
  • Cat0703a
    edited February 2023
    Options
    You’re welcome?? ☺️

(Typo 🤦🏼‍♀️)
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,081 Member
    Options
    Although I cannot speak for accessing the forums via a phone, can I teach you something about using a laptop/desktop to read these threads? Specifically, would you be surprised to know that if you hover your cursor over the date of a past post, after a couple seconds a miniature bubble will appear which does, in fact, include the time the post was made?
  • srazamora
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Although I cannot speak for accessing the forums via a phone, can I teach you something about using a laptop/desktop to read these threads? Specifically, would you be surprised to know that if you hover your cursor over the date of a past post, after a couple seconds a miniature bubble will appear which does, in fact, include the time the post was made?
    Was it your curiosity that led to that discovery? Would you believe I tried that on my phone, but it just took me to the start of threads beginning on that day?
  • cmsienk
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Will you teach my thumb how to hover over the date on my phone screen and make the time appear?
  • srazamora
    Options
    Doesn’t the saying go something like you can’t teach an old thumb new tricks?
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,685 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Why are times appearing now? Why weren't they there the first time Empress @srazamora mentioned them? And is it helpful if there are still no dates or time zones? Shouldn't mine say PST?

Do you see?
    bx0hb2bp9ay7.png
  • cmsienk
    edited February 2023
    Options
    PaulaKro wrote: »
    Why are times appearing now? Why weren't they there the first time Empress @srazamora mentioned them? And is it helpful if there are still no dates or time zones? Shouldn't mine say PST?

Do you see?
    bx0hb2bp9ay7.png
    Am I missing something? Haven't times always been there but, after the latest update, aren't they only visible (without hovering with your mouse) on the day they're posted?
  • cmsienk
    edited February 2023
    Options
    You haven’t seen “Imma” ? Doesn’t one feel obligated to destroy the rest of the sentence after replacing, “I am going to” with “Imma?”
    Can I take a moment to express my disdain for the frequent improper spelling of Ima
    Do made up words really need to follow conventional spelling norms?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,081 Member
    Options
    Aren't ALL words made up?
  • cmsienk
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Aren't some made up words more mainstream than others? Wouldn't going against standard spelling norms be consistent for the word, 'Ima' which goes against the word count norm for individual words? Aren't even contractions - most of which are more mainstream than Ima - only made up of two words and not four?
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,203 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    PaulaKro wrote: »

Do you see?
    bx0hb2bp9ay7.png
    Am I missing something? Haven't times always been there but, after the latest update, aren't they only visible (without hovering with your mouse) on the day they're posted?
    February 2nd, 2023, at ~2:20 PST
    My Place, Great Central Valley, California, USA, Planet Earth...

Having been out of commission most of the day and only now getting caught up, aren't I compelled to add my two bits to the conversation?
    Didn't I notice quite some time ago that not only does the time disappear once the post is "yesterday's news", doesn't the day of month also disappear once the post is no longer during the current year?
    And as @nossmf has noted, can't you hover over the date to get a popup that displays the full date/time of the post, but isn't this not an option on a cell phone? 😠 (Or is it?)
    And don't I find that even more infuriating, because it means the full data has been retrieved from the database but the programmer has deemed it non-essential information? Aren't some programmers more concerned with what they consider the esthetics of presentation rather than the information content, i.e. form vs content? 😡