Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?

Options

Replies

• srazamora
    srazamora Posts: 4,115 Member
    Options
    Who is going to lie to me and say they missed me?

Do you have us mixed up with the thread for liars? Don’t you know we’re all honestly inquisitive here?
  • JoeCavemann
    JoeCavemann Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Why does inquisitive have an S, but Quiz has a Z?
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,786 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Is it for the same reason as for surprise, surmise, peruse... and reason?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,056 Member
    Options
    Do you mean reason, as in excuse, or reason, as in use logic?
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,786 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Aren't they pronounced the same? Do you pronounce the word 'reason' differently, depending on the definition you use?
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,198 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Might we reasonably assume that any such difference would be a subtle one, if not discernible only given the context?
  • SundryCoder
    SundryCoder Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    @SundryCoder doesn’t vacation look good on you?? 🤩 Did you have a good time away?

Does it look good? Should I give a twirl?
    Do you know all the fun things i did?
  • SundryCoder
    Options
    srazamora wrote: »
    Who is going to lie to me and say they missed me?

Do you have us mixed up with the thread for liars? Don’t you know we’re all honestly inquisitive here?

There is a thread of liars here? what does that say about the ones who do not go there?
  • SundryCoder
    Options
    Might we reasonably assume that any such difference would be a subtle one, if not discernible only given the context?

Why would we assume such a thing ?
    are there not two ways to pronounce data?
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,421 Member
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    @SundryCoder doesn’t vacation look good on you?? 🤩 Did you have a good time away?

Does it look good? Should I give a twirl?
    Do you know all the fun things i did?

Wouldn’t a twirl be great? 😂 Since I’m not psychic, hadn’t you better share the highlights, if you’re comfortable doing so?
  • frankwbrown
    Options

Why would we assume such a thing ?
    are there not two ways to pronounce data?

Does reason follow data? 🤔😂
  • srazamora
    Options
    Why does inquisitive have an S, but Quiz has a Z?

Given that this whole thread if full of questions, isn’t it quite the accomplishment that @JoeCavemann asked one that got me scratching my head trying to find the answer?
  • srazamora
    Options
    Can I just throw it out there that word play is my favorite? Is anyone else as entertained as me with questions over words’ pronunciation and meaning?
  • nossmf
    Options
    Has anybody else counted how many times the English language contains words which sound the same but have completely different meanings?
  • srazamora
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Has anybody else counted how many times the English language contains words which sound the same but have completely different meanings?

Wouldn’t that be an incredibly exhausting task?
  • nossmf
    Options
    Doesn't somebody have to do it?
  • srazamora
    Options
    If somebody took on that exhausting task, wouldn’t they likely post their findings so we wouldn’t have to wonder if someone ever did it?
  • srazamora
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Can I contradict my previous comments about only drinking coffee on the weekends and confess to mid-week coffee intake? If you haven’t ever tried a coffee flight, what are you waiting for?!
  • frankwbrown
    edited June 2023
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Different meaning and also different spelling: ie plane/plain, weight/wait, when/win, blue/blew...?
    Or same spelling as well: fly, light, sound...?
    Do we need subcategories?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    What is a coffee flight, and where do I get on board?