Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?

Replies

• srazamora
    srazamora Posts: 4,424 Member
    nossmf wrote: »
    "Image taken from"...did you or someone you know hand-draw your avatar based upon a photograph?

Wouldn’t it be more likely that I used ab AI photo to cartoon app, @nossmf ?
  • srazamora
    And @srazamora wondered if I was the Boy Scout based upon amount of stuff I kept with me in my lunch box? 🤣

😂 @nossmf , do you recognize @frankwbrown as a fellow Boy Scout after that comment?
  • srazamora
    Isn't that statement even more crazy considering I can pack for a week of camping using only a single backpack?

Isn’t it nice going back to the basics like that, especially since American culture is all about how we should want, need, and buy more?
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,756 Member
    Over the years, haven't I been able to pare down to one suitcase and still include everything on @frankwbrown 's list (with the exception of the watch charger)?
  • srazamora
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Over the years, haven't I been able to pare down to one suitcase and still include everything on @frankwbrown 's list (with the exception of the watch charger)?
    How do you charge your watch? 🤔

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,848 Member
    edited July 29
    Isn't that statement even more crazy considering I can pack for a week of camping using only a single backpack?

What, like a 60 liter backpack? 😂
  • frankwbrown
    srazamora wrote: »
    Aren't I perhaps a little overly cautious, given that my watch has enough power to last more than 2 weeks?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,940 Member
    Why not use a watch with a battery that lasts 10 years, like the one I have?
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,756 Member
    srazamora wrote: »
    What happened to the response I typed up earlier? 🤔
    Didn't I say, "have you considered that when I do wear a watch, it might ne of the non-charging variety"?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,230 Member
    couldn't you avoid need for watch charger if you get a solar powered watch?
  • paperpudding
    or, like me, a plain old battery operated one - doesn't the battery on them last about 2 years?
  • frankwbrown
    edited July 30
    Why not use a watch with a battery that lasts 10 years, like the one I have?
    Why would I want a watch like that when my Garmin Fenix 7X Pro Sapphire Solar keeps the time, has multiple alarms, tracks my swimming, walking, running, cycling, strength training, yoga, tai chi and more, plus acts as a credit card, plays music, talks to my phone, monitors my health, has GPS/maps, a compass, altimeter, barometer, LED flashlight, touchscreen, a water rating of 10 ATM, and who knows what else?
    (BTW, in Smart Watch mode, isn't my watch supposed to last ~37 days?)
  • frankwbrown
    couldn't you avoid need for watch charger if you get a solar powered watch?
    Doesn't my watch have a solar panel in it, and wouldn't that suffice if I were to use it solely for keeping time? But don't I like many of the other power-consuming features too much to not use them?
  • paperpudding
    Am I the only one who has a plain analogue watch that just tells the time?
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,979 Member
    If we didn't have our watches, how else could we alert someone that they're taking too long without being rude!?
  • nossmf
    @frankwbrown, with a watch like that, do you even need to pack anything beyond a hat when you travel?

@paperpudding, although my watch is digital, do I not otherwise meet your "just tells time" criteria?
  • nossmf
    @adahpotatah2024, have you ever started a cell phone conversation with the phrase, "my battery's running low, if I cut out it's because I ran out of power?" If you happened to click "end call" before that point, how is the other person to know?
  • srazamora
    Isn’t the digital watch a dream come true for someone not to confident in their analog skills? 😅
  • nossmf
    Yet why do schools continue to have analog clocks above classroom doorways?
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,979 Member
    Are those in the same schools still teaching cursive handwriting?