Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?

Options

Replies

• Hoax89
    Hoax89 Posts: 206 Member
    edited April 10
    Options
    Would that be true if they were not in the eclipse zone?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,302 Member
    Options
    Wait, you had an in-person interview? Aren't all interviews handled online these days?
  • Hoax89
    Options
    Are you thinking of jobs with only one interview?
  • nossmf
    Options
    I was hired after a single interview, I have sat in on multiple new hires for their single interview...how many interviews do you require?
  • Hoax89
    Options
    Single interviews are certainly appropriate for some jobs, but are you referring to executive-level positions?
  • srazamora
    srazamora Posts: 4,170 Member
    Options
    Do you think multiple interviews are required to see if people can keep up the charade two different times?
  • Hoax89
    Options
    Charade of the applicant or the employer?
  • nossmf
    Options
    Are you implying my position is not executive level? It's not, btw, but is that what you were implying?
  • Hoax89
    edited April 11
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Are you implying my position is not executive level? It's not, btw, but is that what you were implying?

That was not my intent at all, but in my field I have never been part of a search - as a candidate or on a search committee -- that did not have at least a screening interview before an in-person interview. For the administrative level I am in this field, it is customary to have a screening interview, a search committee interview (usually on-line) and then three finalists are brought to the organization for 1-2 days of meetings. If the search is being run by a search firm, I factor in an additional interview with the search firm. It was not my intent to offend and I hope I did not.

Isn't it awful how tone and intent is hard to convey in a forum like this?
  • srazamora
    Options
    Would it offend you if I told you just broke the one and only rule, @Hoax89 ? 😜
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,990 Member
    edited April 12
    Options
    srazamora wrote: »
    Would it offend you if I told you just broke the one and only rule, @Hoax89 ? 😜
    Wasn't it done with style and verbosity?
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Isn't it the purpose of the modern emoji to convey the tone and intent of the question? Should he have added🤪?
  • Hoax89
    Options
    Would I be forgiven if I knew that the paragraph was a violation but still tried to wrap with a question in an effort to make a concession?
  • srazamora
    Options
    Isn’t it tricky to give a heartfelt response and ask a question at the same time?
  • srazamora
    Options
    Are people afraid to post now cuz I called someone out for breaking a rule? 🫣
  • Hoax89
    Options
    Maybe it is time to change this thread because it is difficult to discuss in questions?

Does anyone have any fun weekend plans?
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Aren't there other threads for discussing without questioning?

Is anyone else planning a tour of Sagrada Familia in the morning followed by a walking tour of Park Güell in the afternoon?
  • nossmf
    Options
    Does NOT going to work and NOT working out sound like a fun weekend plan?

And no offense taken...will you ask the other posters how deficient I am in terms of adding adequate emojis? 🤠
  • cmsienk
    edited April 12
    Options
    srazamora wrote: »
    Are people afraid to post now cuz I called someone out for breaking a rule? 🫣
    Don't you think you handled it well?
  • cmsienk
    edited April 12
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Does NOT going to work and NOT working out sound like a fun weekend plan?

And no offense taken...will you ask the other posters how deficient I am in terms of adding adequate emojis? 🤠
    No offense meant, but isn't he right? 🤣