Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?

Options

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,538 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Have you ever had chocolate covered pretzels? 😋

Don't I prefer soft salted pretzels, and cannot stand crunchy versions?
  • nossmf
    Options
    srazamora wrote: »
    Is it true that white chocolate isn’t actually chocolate at all?

If by "not chocolate" you mean not made using the cocoa bean, then are you not correct?
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,353 Member
    Options
    If it's real white chocolate, isn't it everything chocolate except the cocoa powder, meaning it consists mainly of cocoa butter, sugar, etc. but no cocoa powder? But isn't it often the case that there's a fair amount of palm kernel oil or coconut oil replacing the cocoa butter? But isn't there also a "compound chocolate" that includes cocoa but again substitutes palm kernel oil/coconut oil for the cocoa butter? Isn't this comparable to using shortening instead of butter in butter cream frosting, only much much worse IMHO?
  • frankwbrown
    edited May 18
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »

If by "not chocolate" you mean not made using the cocoa bean, then are you not correct?

Doesn't true white chocolate require the cocoa butter that comes from the cocoa bean?
    (Didn't I once see--at a Ghirardelli booth at a chocolate festival--an explanation of the many stages of processing chocolate from the cacao pods to the beans to the nibs to the cocoa powder and cocoa butter, a process which includes fermentation, drying, roasting, nibs grinding, alkalization (optional), liquor pressing, cocoa grinding, and more?)
    bgr9jhfdh3ai.png
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,244 Member
    edited May 18
    Options

Doesn't true white chocolate require the cocoa butter that comes from the cocoa bean?
    (Didn't I once see--at a Ghirardelli booth at a chocolate festival--an explanation of the many stages of processing chocolate from the cacao pods to the beans to the nibs to the cocoa powder and cocoa butter, a process which includes fermentation, drying, roasting, nibs grinding, alkalization (optional), liquor pressing, cocoa grinding, and more?)
    bgr9jhfdh3ai.png
    @frankwbrown, Aren't you a wealth of information about all things chocolate?

• frankwbrown
    edited May 18
    Options
    Is it true that our capacity for knowledge is limited?
    Could I have been an astrophysicist or mathematician but chose being a chocolate lover instead? 🤪😂
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    @frankwbrown, Aren't you a wealth of information about all things chocolate?
    I wonder, is that because I have an "inquiring mind", or because I have an addiction? 😂
  • STRAITBUGGIN
    STRAITBUGGIN Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    How’s everyone doing?
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    How are you? Did you drop in to learn a bit about chocolate? Why aren't there any courses I can take on chocolate/to become a chocolate expert?
  • srazamora
    srazamora Posts: 4,209 Member
    Options
    Have you ever had chocolate covered pretzels? 😋

Don't I prefer soft salted pretzels, and cannot stand crunchy versions?

Aren’t pretzel bites even better than the usual 🥨?
  • srazamora
    edited May 20
    Options
    If it's real white chocolate, isn't it everything chocolate except the cocoa powder, meaning it consists mainly of cocoa butter, sugar, etc. but no cocoa powder? But isn't it often the case that there's a fair amount of palm kernel oil or coconut oil replacing the cocoa butter? But isn't there also a "compound chocolate" that includes cocoa but again substitutes palm kernel oil/coconut oil for the cocoa butter? Isn't this comparable to using shortening instead of butter in butter cream frosting, only much much worse IMHO?

Is chocolate considered chocolate without cocoa, @frankwbrown ?
  • nossmf
    edited May 20
    Options
    Could I have been an astrophysicist or mathematician but chose being a chocolate lover instead? 🤪😂

Is this a stab at me for being an astrophysicist (and one class shy of getting my math degree)? 👨‍🎓🔭⭐
  • frankwbrown
    Options

Is chocolate considered chocolate without cocoa, @frankwbrown ?
    Don't some silly, illogical and nonsensical people think that including the cocoa butter though not the cocoa means the result is still chocolate, although white in color? Aren't they aware it's more than just the color that's been removed, but the very essence? 🤔
    Doesn't that make the term white chocolate an oxymoron 🤪, if not a sacrilege, to a real chocolate lover? 😂
  • frankwbrown
    Options

Is this a stab at me for being an astrophysicist (and one class shy of getting my math degree)? 👨‍🎓🔭⭐

To the contrary, aren't those just two subject areas (of many) that have a complexity challenging that of chocolate? 😂
    Wasn't I going to be a mathematician, before computer science lured me away with boolean algebra and logic?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Wouldn't an n-dimensional sphere be a good object to contemplate during a focused meditation? 🧘‍♂️☯️🤔
  • nossmf
    Options
    Wasn't I going to be a mathematician, before computer science lured me away with boolean algebra and logic?

Isn't it ironic I had to take a class in logic to complete my philosophy minor in college? Despite joining the class three weeks into the semester, upon learning my academic major, didn't the professor give me an automatic "A" provided I helped out the other students?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,052 Member
    Options
    Is now maybe not a good time to mention I like white chocolate?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Do you like it more or less than milk chocolate or dark chocolate?
  • srazamora
    Options
    Wouldn't an n-dimensional sphere be a good object to contemplate during a focused meditation? 🧘‍♂️☯️🤔

Huh? Also... what’s an n-dimensional sphere? 🤔
  • srazamora
    Options

Aren’t I non-discriminatory when it comes to ice cream toppings? Why must I be forced to choose between chocolate, white chocolate, caramel, marshmallow, peanut butter, butterscotch… shall I continue?