Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?

Options

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,638 Member
    Options
    Excitement...or disappointment that my chance to meet with her is apparently going to be two ships passing in the night?
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,553 Member
    Options
    Aren’t I reading it that she’s available for 6 hours but not necessarily leaving? 😉
  • nossmf
    Options
    True...will we not know the real answer unless/until she speaks up again?
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,302 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    @cmsienk, you are in Colorado Springs right NOW??? But only for a few hours before leaving? How long have you known this was going to happen??

I live in Colorado Springs, but am at work 70 miles away, and you will likely be long gone before my return to town...oh, do you realize how much I would rather use exclamation points instead of question marks right now?
    @nossmf, haven't I been staying at the Broadmoor since Saturday? Didn't I go hiking at Garden of the Gods and stop at a little place called Sacred Ground Cafe, where I just finished a late lunch of a grilled cheese sandwich and butternut squash soup?
  • cmsienk
    edited May 22
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Are you?

Guess who has the next six hours off? Does anyone want to go explore Colorado Springs with me? Do you mind if the first stop is Starbucks?
    @cmsienk, won’t you watch for MFP friends there? 😊 While off for a significant period of time, won’t travel need to wait for a bit longer for me?

Will you be in CA in late July? Shall we meet for coffee there??
    Can you guess that I didn't run into any MFP friends during my coffee stop or hike? Were you as surprised as I was to discover that @nossmf lives here?
    While I won't be in CA in late July, care to hazard a wild guess as to where I WILL be?
  • nossmf
    Options
    @cmsienk, how much longer are you staying in my fair city? Would you be willing to rendezvous somewhere in person? If you say yes, will I get to see your entire face, or will there be a halo still hiding half of it? 😎
  • cmsienk
    Options
    @cmsienk, how much longer are you staying in my fair city? Would you be willing to rendezvous somewhere in person? If you say yes, will I get to see your entire face, or will there be a halo still hiding half of it? 😎
    @nossmf, isn't this my last full day here? Didn't I just double check my schedule to verify that I'm working from 5:30 - 9:30 tonight? Doesn't that make me available between now and 5pm or after 9:30pm today? Isn't my flight out of Denver at 10am tomorrow? While I was planning on leaving at 6:30 tomorrow morning, couldn't I leave earlier and meet for coffee (that would be a Pepsi for you, wouldn't it) somewhere near here?
  • Cat0703a
    edited May 22
    Options
    Are you?

Guess who has the next six hours off? Does anyone want to go explore Colorado Springs with me? Do you mind if the first stop is Starbucks?
    @cmsienk, won’t you watch for MFP friends there? 😊 While off for a significant period of time, won’t travel need to wait for a bit longer for me?

Can you guess that I didn't run into any MFP friends during my coffee stop or hike? Were you as surprised as I was to discover that @nossmf lives here?
    While I won't be in CA in late July, care to hazard a wild guess as to where I WILL be?

@cmsienk, couldn’t you tell from my subtle question that I knew that there are a couple of friends (@nossmf included) you might run into there?

Should I add a side trip to my CA adventure to hit up some slot machines and a show with you?
  • nossmf
    Options
    @cmsienk, couldn’t you tell from my subtle question that I knew that there are a couple of friends (@nossmf included) you might run into there?

Doesn't this imply there is at least one other friend in the area, the identify of which either I do not know or am drawing a blank?
  • cmsienk
    edited May 22
    Options
    Are you?

Should I add a side trip to my CA adventure to hit up some slot machines and a show with you?
    Aren't you clever? (And didn't that make me laugh out loud?)
    Do you think his lack of response means that after 9:30 is too late and 6am tomorrow is too early?
  • nossmf
    Options
    @nossmf, isn't this my last full day here? Didn't I just double check my schedule to verify that I'm working from 5:30 - 9:30 tonight? Doesn't that make me available between now and 5pm or after 9:30pm today? Isn't my flight out of Denver at 10am tomorrow? While I was planning on leaving at 6:30 tomorrow morning, couldn't I leave earlier and meet for coffee (that would be a Pepsi for you, wouldn't it) somewhere near here?

Even were I to leave work immediately, aren't the odds next to nil I would reach you prior to your 5:30 work time due to "rush hour" traffic?

As I am unsure if you would prefer coordinating a meeting via PM, text message or here, how about I put additional instructions behind a spoiler block for other readers uninterested in details?
    If I move my morning workout to after work, wouldn't meeting you become possible? Given your affinity for Starbucks, along with your lack of knowledge of the local geography and need to make it to the airport on time, may I propose the venue of Starbucks at Interquest? By taking I-25 north from the Broadmoor to exit 153 east, the Starbucks is only a few hundred yards ahead on the left, and upon leaving won't you have the choice of continuing north on I-25 or taking HW 83 to the airport, depending on prevailing traffic at the time? What time would work best for you?
  • nossmf
    Options
    While after 9:30 is not too late for me, was I not being courteous of thinking about your level of fatigue the night before travel, let alone uncertainty whether the 9:30 time is reliable or subject to extension to an even later time?
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    Wouldn’t it be wonderful if this works out? 😊😊😊
  • cmsienk
    edited May 22
    Options
    Wouldn’t it be wonderful if this works out? 😊😊😊
    Would you like to let the other mfp friend know that we're meeting for coffee (and whatever @nossmf is drinking) in the morning? Didn't I send a private message confirming the details?
    Do you remember when I thought I might meet up with @frankwbrown last year (or was it the year before 🤔) when I was in California?
  • nossmf
    Options
    What time?
  • cmsienk
    Options
    What time?
    Did you get my message? Do you think 6 a.m. is too early?
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,425 Member
    Options
    Are you?

What's this about a CA adventure, and slot machines?
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    What time?
    Did you get my message? Do you think 6 a.m. is too early?

If you’re not “friends” here, did you know that the message won’t likely have gone though but if @nossmf messages you now, you should be able to message back and forth? Isn’t it clear that I do not wish this meet up to fail based on an MFP “quirk”?????
  • nossmf
    Options
    I did receive the message, but had not received a notice from MFP that it was pending...perhaps because I was logged into my workplace desktop thru the internet, rather than the app on my cell phone?
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    Are you?

What's this about a CA adventure, and slot machines?

Won’t I be in the city where the place which is deemed the happiest on earth is (except if you’re a parent of overtired child who has had it with lines) at the end of July for a conference. Isn’t it unfortunate that @cmsienk will be at a different high energy city that never sleeps at that time which is much too far away for coffee?