Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?

Options

Replies

• Hoax89
    Hoax89 Posts: 152 Member
    edited April 10
    Options
    Would that be true if they were not in the eclipse zone?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,056 Member
    Options
    Wait, you had an in-person interview? Aren't all interviews handled online these days?
  • Hoax89
    Options
    Are you thinking of jobs with only one interview?
  • nossmf
    Options
    I was hired after a single interview, I have sat in on multiple new hires for their single interview...how many interviews do you require?
  • Hoax89
    Options
    Single interviews are certainly appropriate for some jobs, but are you referring to executive-level positions?
  • srazamora
    srazamora Posts: 4,115 Member
    Options
    Do you think multiple interviews are required to see if people can keep up the charade two different times?
  • Hoax89
    Options
    Charade of the applicant or the employer?
  • nossmf
    Options
    Are you implying my position is not executive level? It's not, btw, but is that what you were implying?
  • Hoax89
    edited April 11
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Are you implying my position is not executive level? It's not, btw, but is that what you were implying?

That was not my intent at all, but in my field I have never been part of a search - as a candidate or on a search committee -- that did not have at least a screening interview before an in-person interview. For the administrative level I am in this field, it is customary to have a screening interview, a search committee interview (usually on-line) and then three finalists are brought to the organization for 1-2 days of meetings. If the search is being run by a search firm, I factor in an additional interview with the search firm. It was not my intent to offend and I hope I did not.

Isn't it awful how tone and intent is hard to convey in a forum like this?
  • srazamora
    Options
    Would it offend you if I told you just broke the one and only rule, @Hoax89 ? 😜
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,790 Member
    edited April 12
    Options
    srazamora wrote: »
    Would it offend you if I told you just broke the one and only rule, @Hoax89 ? 😜
    Wasn't it done with style and verbosity?
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Isn't it the purpose of the modern emoji to convey the tone and intent of the question? Should he have added🤪?
  • Hoax89
    Options
    Would I be forgiven if I knew that the paragraph was a violation but still tried to wrap with a question in an effort to make a concession?
  • srazamora
    Options
    Isn’t it tricky to give a heartfelt response and ask a question at the same time?
  • srazamora
    Options
    Are people afraid to post now cuz I called someone out for breaking a rule? 🫣
  • Hoax89
    Options
    Maybe it is time to change this thread because it is difficult to discuss in questions?

Does anyone have any fun weekend plans?
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Aren't there other threads for discussing without questioning?

Is anyone else planning a tour of Sagrada Familia in the morning followed by a walking tour of Park Güell in the afternoon?
  • nossmf
    Options
    Does NOT going to work and NOT working out sound like a fun weekend plan?

And no offense taken...will you ask the other posters how deficient I am in terms of adding adequate emojis? 🤠
  • cmsienk
    edited April 12
    Options
    srazamora wrote: »
    Are people afraid to post now cuz I called someone out for breaking a rule? 🫣
    Don't you think you handled it well?
  • cmsienk
    edited April 12
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Does NOT going to work and NOT working out sound like a fun weekend plan?

And no offense taken...will you ask the other posters how deficient I am in terms of adding adequate emojis? 🤠
    No offense meant, but isn't he right? 🤣