JUNE 2015 MOVE CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• jeanniewes
    jeanniewes Posts: 3,699 Member
    Options
    lol girlinahat! YES my 'girls' are my sweet little doggies...See my Avatar? That is them...

I really did have too laugh when you tried explaining 'tipsy' bike ride.... :) PERHAPS Steve will see this and REALLY explain what that is...lol
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,215 Member
    Options
    jeanniewes wrote: »
    UMMMM yahoooooooooooooo :p I ask AGAIN....What is 'tippy bike ride?'

CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss Machka! :)

RATS I keep forgetting too change my date when I copy/paste...grrrrrrrr

TODAY we got in 3.50 walking Miles....

Total Thus Far June 12th.....Exercise Bike 9.1 Miles...
    Total Thus Far June 12th .....Walking Miles 51.5 Walking Miles.....

Thanks!! That was my goal, so ... I've arrived! I'm taking a logging break for the next approx. month and then I'll be back at it again.

And wasn't the ride called, "Twilight over the Tippy"? I'd have to guess that "Tippy" is the nickname for a place?
  • jeanniewes
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ummm I don't know Machka. Only STEVE can answer that I guess....

Today I got in 4.0 Walking miles....Some of it with my girls and some of it alone...

Total Thus Far June 13th.....Exercise Bike 9.1 Miles...
    Total Thus Far June 13th .....Walking Miles 55.5 Walking Miles.....

machka we will see YOU when you get back! We depend on you.... :)

• jeanniewes
    Options
    Sundays are usually a semi rest day. I always feel I must walk the girls though so we were up very very early too get that in before church Services. Today miles were 3.25...

Total Thus Far June 14th.....Exercise Bike 9.1 Miles...
    Total Thus Far June 14th .....Walking Miles 58.75 Walking Miles.....

• Machka9
    Options
    machka we will see YOU when you get back! We depend on you.... :)

I'm still checking in now and then ... just not logging food. It's a little too difficult and inconvenient to do that while travelling.

But I am trying to keep track of exercise. We're travelling with our Bike Fridays, so we got out for a 14 km ride today. :)

• SteveCro
    SteveCro Posts: 788 Member
    Options

CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss Machka! :)

RATS I keep forgetting too change my date when I copy/paste...grrrrrrrr

TODAY we got in 3.50 walking Miles....

Total Thus Far June 12th.....Exercise Bike 9.1 Miles...
    Total Thus Far June 12th .....Walking Miles 51.5 Walking Miles.....

Twilight over the Tippy Bike Ride- Was an organized bike ride starting in the Evening (Twilight) for 20 miles. It was a fund raiser for the Panhandle Pathway Bike Trail I am Vice President of. It ended with Tippy's Pizza(named after the river) serving us pizza and purchase beer. Tippy- comes from the river it crosses called Tippicanoe River in Indiana. We had to build a 100+ foot bridge to cross it. Check out our trail at PanhandlePathway.org you will see pics of the Tippy and building the bridge.

Didn't have to much beer that night to be "Tippy" on the bike lol. However can't say that hasn't always been the case lol.
  • SteveCro
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »

Maybe it's 'tipsy', and it's one of those rides you shouldn't really be making, weaving your way home in the dark, trying to stay upright and not fall in the canal, before waking up wondering why your face is covered in dirt* ;)

Finally made it to the gym for some Stronglifts 5x5. Starting at the beginning again, but some of the lifts ought to be heavier maybe.

Resting tomorrow I think, or maybe a swim. And my street is closed for a party on Sunday so will enjoy that.

Jeanniewes, I need to ask YOU something - when you say 'walking the girls', you ARE talking about animals aren't you?

*not speaking from any kind of bike ride incident experience here. At all.

Dang were you the one at the bar in the neighborhood town along our trail when 4 of us stopped for a rehydration point. lol I came riding my bike home in the dark at 10 pm. One of those points when you get on the bike and think " oh dang this may not be good"
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    SteveCro wrote: »

Maybe it's 'tipsy', and it's one of those rides you shouldn't really be making, weaving your way home in the dark, trying to stay upright and not fall in the canal, before waking up wondering why your face is covered in dirt* ;)

Dang were you the one at the bar in the neighborhood town along our trail when 4 of us stopped for a rehydration point. lol I came riding my bike home in the dark at 10 pm. One of those points when you get on the bike and think " oh dang this may not be good"

lol. memories of an incident in Japan where I rode full pelt at the kerb thinking I could just bump up it, forgetting the kerbs there are a good ten inches high.....flew over the handlebars, nudged both my knees out and kissed the ground. Could barely sit down for a week and my legs were black. 3am after a Beaujolais Nouveau party.....

but your Panhandle Pathway looks lovely - well done for getting something like that off the ground (not sure the wisdom on riding over a bridge over a river in the dark mind ;) )
  • SteveCro
    Options
    SteveCro wrote: »

lol. memories of an incident in Japan where I rode full pelt at the kerb thinking I could just bump up it, forgetting the kerbs there are a good ten inches high.....flew over the handlebars, nudged both my knees out and kissed the ground. Could barely sit down for a week and my legs were black. 3am after a Beaujolais Nouveau party.....

but your Panhandle Pathway looks lovely - well done for getting something like that off the ground (not sure the wisdom on riding over a bridge over a river in the dark mind ;) )

oh ouch, hurts reading and thinking about it.. Truly impaired judgement lol.. Funniest thing happened to the 4 of us. I had 11 miles to ride back home after the few beers. Our trail runs through agriculture areas except 3 small towns so its pitch black on the trail. We all had head lights and taillights. Our trail is posted to be open from daylight to dark. This way farmers are very cooperative not to run irrigation during the day time. A farmer stopped his irrigation just before it was at the trail. We rode by at 10 pm just has his timer hit to turn it on. All the sudden kawoosh... It just soaked us like getting hit with a firehose. My wife was already upset as I started my bike ride at 4:30 pm. She called at 8 to make sure all was alright. I walk in soaked on a complete starry night, clear full moon and I am drenched to water squishing out of my shoes. " What have you been doing??" Well sure not skinny dippin... lol WRONG ANSWER!!!! lol
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, look who's back in town! Sorry for my prolonged absence. It's a long story so I won't bore you. Especially with all these hilarious, tho painful, tales you guys are sharing. I can very honestly say that I've never ridden my bike while intoxicated. Heck, I get dizzy on my front porch swing if the wind is blowing! So yeah, I'll just let you guys carry the daredevil title. >:)

I had to leave town and wouldn't you know, I forgot my fitbit back at home. I have no clue how many miles I've walked so I've designated myself as the official cheerleader of this thread. o:) I'll start counting again in July.

You're all doing great! Keep it up!
  • SteveCro
    Options
    Hey guys, look who's back in town! Sorry for my prolonged absence. It's a long story so I won't bore you. Especially with all these hilarious, tho painful, tales you guys are sharing. I can very honestly say that I've never ridden my bike while intoxicated. Heck, I get dizzy on my front porch swing if the wind is blowing! So yeah, I'll just let you guys carry the daredevil title. >:)

I had to leave town and wouldn't you know, I forgot my fitbit back at home. I have no clue how many miles I've walked so I've designated myself as the official cheerleader of this thread. o:) I'll start counting again in July.

You're all doing great! Keep it up!

Had to leave town.... lol We have a song here written by R Dean Taylor released by Rare Earth.. Indiana wants me.. oh I can't go back there.. lol yes sir eeee youtube it
  • jeanniewes
    edited June 2015
    Options
    lol ok I admit it ...I LOVED reading the last Six posts! you guys make me LAUGH!!!! LOL

I WILL look that up Steve and thank you for your response...

Today was a HOT day. I am happy the girls and I walked early morning...3.75 walking miles.

Total Thus Far June 15th.....Exercise Bike 9.1 Miles...
    Total Thus Far June 15th .....Walking Miles 62.50 Walking Miles.....
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh THANK YOU, Steve, for sharing. I love looking at places where others live. Once I went too that link I found a link of photos at facebook as well. I liked a snow photo I saw there although I do not care all that much for snow. I want too capture gorgeous photos of it and then I want it too go away...lol.... I truly did enjoy the link and photos...
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    6/15 C25K Week 7 Day 1: 2.6 miles

June Total: 105.9 miles
    Walking: 39.3 mi (major walking days only)
    Walk/Run: 16.9 mi (Target: 25 mi)
    Cycling: 49.7 mi (Target: 200 mi)
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    March Cycling: 409.33 km (254.34 miles) = 21 hours 55 min
    March Walking: 80.47 km (50 miles) = 16 hours 9 min
    March Total: 489.8 km (304.3 miles) = 38 hours 4 min

April Cycling: 384.15 km (238.7 miles) = 20 hours 35 min
    April Walking: 107.79 km walking (67 miles) = 22 hours 31 min
    April Total: 491.94 km (305.6 miles) = 43 hours 6 min

May Cycling: 259.06 km (160.9 miles)
    May Walking: 102.75 km (63.8 miles)
    May Time: 2060 min (34 hours 20 min) walking & cycling + 45 min stairs & weights + 45 min cycling inside
    May Total: 361.81 km (224.8 miles) + stairs, weights and cycling inside = 35 hours 50 min

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    June Totals

01 Mon - 2 km walk (25 min) + 60 min on bicycle on trainer in basement

02 Tues - 5.6 km walking (70 min) ... utility + beach
    03 Wed - 3 km walking (35 min) + 50 min on bicycle on trainer in basement
    04 Thurs - 2.5 km walking (30 min) + 5 flights of stairs ... tired today
    05 Fri - 3.6 km walking (45 min) + 10 flights of stairs ... so far, there might be a bit more yet.

Sub-Totals
    June Cycling: 110 minutes on bicycle on trainer in basement
    June Walking: 16.7 km (10.3 miles)
    June Time: 315 min (5 hours 15 min) walking + cycling + some extra time climbing flights of stairs

06 Sat - 100 kilometre ride on our Bike Friday Pocket Llamas (folding bikes). The route was relatively flat, but had the added challenge of rain for the first half of the ride. Fortunately it was a warm day for winter, and wasn't at all windy for a change!

That was the longest distance we have ridden the folding bikes so far. It was kind of a test ride to see how we would go over that distance. We were reasonably comfortable. I was having a few back/right hip issues, but stretching seemed to help.

100.72 km in 6 hours 25 min 34 sec total.
    (Moving time was 5 hours 31 min 26 sec)

07 Sun - 3.2 km walking (40 min) ... to the beach!
    08 Mon - 60 min cycling on bicycle on trainer in the basement

Sub-Totals
    June Cycling Inside: 170 minutes on bicycle on trainer in basement
    June Cycling Outside: 100.72 km (62.5 miles) in 330 min cycling outside
    June Walking: 19.9 km (12.3 miles) in 245 min
    June Time: 745 min (12 hours 25 min) walking + cycling + some extra time climbing flights of stairs

09 Tues - 1.5 km walking (18 min) + 45 min on bicycle on trainer in basement
    10 Wed - 4.5 km walking (55 min)

Sub-Totals
    June Cycling Inside: 215 minutes on bicycle on trainer in basement
    June Walking: 25.9 km (16 miles) in 318 min
    June Time: 863 min (14 hours 23 min) walking + cycling + some extra time climbing flights of stairs

Almost forgot to mention ... today I reached my goal to lose 15 kg. :) I'm taking a little diet break for the next month or so, and will then reassess the situation. I might make a new goal after that.

11 Thurs - 2.3 km walking (25 min)
    12 Fri - stairs

Sub-Totals
    June Walking: 28.2 km (17.5 miles) in 343 min
    June Time: 888 min (14 hours 48 min) walking + cycling + some extra time climbing flights of stairs

12 Fri - stairs + 1.5 km walking (20 min)
    13 Sat - 5 km walking (60 min)
    14 Sun - 14.06 km cycling outside (45 min)
    15 Mon - 5 km walking (60 min) + 37.6 km cycling outside (115 min)

Sub-Totals
    June Cycling Outside: 152.38 km (94.68 miles) in 490 min cycling outside
    June Walking: 39.7 km (24.6 miles) in 483 min
    June Time: 1188 min (19 hours 48 min) walking + cycling + some extra time climbing flights of stairs
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    It has been ONE HOT DAY! Walked the girls early morning. Mid day Push mowed the lawn a bit and then rested. Later completed the mowing. Total walking/sweating miles 5.0! :p

TOTAL miles June 16th ....Exercise Bike 9.1 Miles...
    Total Thus Far June 16th ..................Walking Miles 67.50 Walking Miles.....
  • jahmanrv
    jahmanrv Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi all....I'm back from Vacation. Didn't have computer with me to record my walking, but did have my ipad and synced my walks from my fitbit, so here goes all my days.

6/2 - 1.0 only (Walking) - started to rain, so turned back around
    6/3 - 2.10 (Walk)
    6/4 - 2.50 (Walk)
    6/5 - 2.60
    6/6 - 2.10
    6/8 - 3.70
    6/9 - 2.35
    6/10 - 2.30
    6/11 - 3.45
    6/13 - 1.45
    6/14 - 2.0
    6/16 - 2.65
    Total = 28.30
  • ScrAgnX
    Options
    6/16 Mowing: 1.3 miles

June Total: 107.2 miles
    Walking: 40.6 mi (major walking days only)
    Walk/Run: 16.9 mi (Target: 25 mi)
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Had an excellent dance class followed by an hour or so of social dancing and picked up a load of tips from a visiting teacher. I'm still rubbish but it's fun anyway and great exercise!!! (and doesn't involve a lot of alcohol meaning the ride home is less squiffy!!!)

Cycling - 10/60 miles
    Walking - 39/40 miles
    Swim - 0/120 laps
    Stronglifts 5X5 - 2/6 times
    Lindy Hop class - 1/4 times - actually two back-to-back classes plus social dancing!!!

Total mileage - 49/100 miles.
  • ScrAgnX
    Options
    6/17 C25K Week 7 Day 2: 2.9 miles

June Total: 105.9 miles
    Walking: 39.3 mi (major walking days only)
    Walk/Run: 19.8 mi (Target: 25 mi)

Wish it would cool down a bit, but at least it's not raining all night every night like it threatens to.