Your worse personality trait(s)

Options

Replies

• kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Worse than what?

My attention to word choice is worse than my breath.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I'm inpatient and want everything my way. I also hold grudges
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh. My personality has been described as "intimidating" repeatedly. I keep thinking "do I just have zero self awareness or I deal with a bunch of wussies???"....
    They are wussies...

I recently had to have a meeting with some "colleagues" which was mediated by a "superior" due to this labeling, among other things. We were supposed to try to work together to become a "team". After listening to them roll out a litany of "mean" things I had done or said in their minds (including not saying "good morning" when I walk by their desk...), and having them say that I had "yelled" at them...I finally had enough and bluntly asked "have I EVER raised my voice at you?" NO. "have I ever called you incompetent, lazy, unprofessional, or ANY other personal attack?" NO. "So basically, I 'LOOK or SOUND' irritated with the fact that we are in a high stress situation and you are not getting your job done, when I ask for something to be done?" Silence...........

I then said "I think you guys need to put your big girl panties on..." The superior agreed. Meeting was over. Haven't had a complaint since....
  • wildlotus
    wildlotus Posts: 8
    Options
    To be completely honest I'm aware of that, but it's what I love. It's not so much that I "chose" nursing but moreso that it chose me. My ultimate goal is to do international travel nursing, so at least I won't be around long enough for anyone to pick on me ;) Thanks for the concern though.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    it seems like there are a lot of similar folks

trust is a big one for me. while i have many people whom id call friend theres only a very small number who know much about my inner thoughts and even less who know the REAL inner thoughts

i also self depreciate too much and it annoys people but i also believe if you cant laugh at yourself then you need to find someone smaller and weaker and laugh at them

i can also laugh at any situation. ANY.

im very good at not letting emotions dictate my decision making
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I've got horrible self esteem. constantly looking for approval from others.
  • wildlotus
    wildlotus Posts: 8
    Options
    I have a very hard time trusting people (especially women, surprisingly enough!). So I don't have any girlfriends, and if I do they don't last for long. I tend to be "that girl" who gets ganged up on by other women allllll the time.

I'm impulsive. Sometimes I'll start dating a guy immediately that I think I really like and then end up hurting him in the process when I realize I acted too quickly.

As a nursing student, I'm insanely self-critical and hold myself to impossible standards (physically and emotionally). Sometimes I feel like if I can't be an expert at everything I love (nursing, surfing, yoga, etc.), then I fail.

Oh. And I'm an emotional eater, BIG time.

Thanks for the post idea...that was cathartic :tongue:

OMG, if you get picked on by other women, you went into the WRONG field. Seriously. Get out now, or go an administrative route. Nurses eat their own young.

(sorry Nurses, you know it's true.....)

To be completely honest I'm aware of that, but it's what I love. It's not so much that I "chose" nursing but moreso that it chose me. My ultimate goal is to do international travel nursing, so at least I won't be around long enough for anyone to pick on me ;) Thanks for the concern though.
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options

trust is a big one for me. while i have many people whom id call friend theres only a very small number who know much about my inner thoughts and even less who know the REAL inner thoughts

i also self depreciate too much and it annoys people but i also believe if you cant laugh at yourself then you need to find someone smaller and weaker and laugh at them

That sounds like a challenge, laugh at ANY situation?
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Hmm...Where to start?

I let everyone walk all over me, I can't say no (which is why I have a $3,000 sweeper and one room with carpet)
    I don't take compliments well, mostly because I don't usually feel that they're honest ( for example, you're very pretty means little to me, because I don't think I am at all, and I think it's just someone trying to be nice to me...)
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    A lot of insecurities, very self-conscious and due to this I come off wrong to people, very *****y, not who I really am though.
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I can be a whiny little ***** when I don't get my way.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh. My personality has been described as "intimidating" repeatedly. I keep thinking "do I just have zero self awareness or I deal with a bunch of wussies???"....
    They are wussies...

I recently had to have a meeting with some "colleagues" which was mediated by a "superior" due to this labeling, among other things. We were supposed to try to work together to become a "team". After listening to them roll out a litany of "mean" things I had done or said in their minds (including not saying "good morning" when I walk by their desk...), and having them say that I had "yelled" at them...I finally had enough and bluntly asked "have I EVER raised my voice at you?" NO. "have I ever called you incompetent, lazy, unprofessional, or ANY other personal attack?" NO. "So basically, I 'LOOK or SOUND' irritated with the fact that we are in a high stress situation and you are not getting your job done, when I ask for something to be done?" Silence...........

I then said "I think you guys need to put your big girl panties on..." The superior agreed. Meeting was over. Haven't had a complaint since....

My filter has improved as I've aged. I don't get called in for "the talk" very often. But when I'll ask why someone didn't come to me with a request, I get told that I have an intimidating personality. I apparently scare people... I don't get it. I always use my inside voice and depending on the audience, try to use words they don't have to look up in the dictionary. I can only dumb stuff down so much folks. Read a book. Learn a few words with more than two syllables... Just sayin'....
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I wear my emotions on my sleeve.. Its very frustrating..
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options

That sounds like a challenge, laugh at ANY situation?

we were pallbearers at my grandmothers funeral and started walking down the steps with casket in hand. we all felt grandma slide from the bottom of the casket till her head hit the top.

i blurted out...Sorry Gram as all us grandsons burst out laughing
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Impatient, set myself to high of standards, over-emotional, emotional eater (well, used to be, but working on that), too anxious and I've been told people are intimidated by me because I don't talk much?....I'M A TRAIN WRECK! lol
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm way too trusting and can't argue without crying lol. I hate that!
  • fuzzball01
    fuzzball01 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I take everything to heart and if you get on my bad side...............
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I tend to lose my patience easily
    I have no filter
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I have no patience.
  • emibrus1
    emibrus1 Posts: 59
    Options
    I always try to make everyone happy even if it's at my own expense. I'm pretty much a self-made doormat.