What do you put in your coffee?

Options
124»

Replies

• jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I used to drink coffee with creamer (no sugar). Then I decided to try it black and started drinking it black in the morning, and then with creamer in the afternoon/weekends. Now I drink it black every day except the occassional "treat" on the weekend. I really enjoy it this way now.

HOWEVER, I strongly believe we're individuals and you shouldn't give up what you love. I just happen to love chocolate much more than anything I used to put in my coffee.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    On Friday evenings - tequila.

Shot of 1/2 & 1/2 or maybe ice. Not a fan of flavoring anymore and learned to love all that little bean has to offer.
  • RebeccaD22
    RebeccaD22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I like So Delicious Hazelnut Coconut Creamer. I am slowly weaning myself off of creamer all together. It takes time and black coffee is an acquired taste for sure. I used to be like you, coffee with my creamer. I used to have about half a cup of coffee and half a cup of coffeemate hazelnut creamer! BAD! someday I will drink only black.
  • JulieAnn72
    JulieAnn72 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I drink mine black, but I didn't always. I slowly cut back and eventually learned to enjoy it black. If you use sugar and half and half now, slowly cut back on the amount of sugar until you're done to none. Then do the same with the half and half. If you do it slowly, it should work. I never would have thought I'd like black coffee but now I love it. You could also get milder coffee so it doesn't need as much sugar. Or flavored coffee if you like that, but I'm not sure how healthy the flavorings are depending on what you care about. I still order coffee with one cream if I get it from somewhere like Starbucks. It's just too bitter for me. But my regular coffee that I get from my local farmer's market is perfect without anything in it.
  • EPHarbor
    EPHarbor Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    At home, I add a heaping tablespoon of Swiss Miss (regular, no marshmallows). At work, it's straight espresso.
  • Leslierussell4134
    Leslierussell4134 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I like milk, yes I drink milk, don't attack me people. Then I add a few drops of liquid stevia. I choose stevia bc it's a naturally occurring sustance not altered by we humans and because I like the taste. I just make sure to buy one that is just the stevia and water. Typically there are more things in powders to make them a powder, just my preference.
    I don't think I'll ever be able to drink black coffee either.
  • blwasson73
    blwasson73 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Mainly black but sometimes a tablespoon of coconut cream on weekends for a treat.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    More coffee.

This.

I hate sweet coffee and always have. I used to like milk in it, but now (and for about 15 years or so) prefer it black.
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I recently started using Califia Farms Almond Creamer in hazelnut flavor. Yes, it's processed, but I don't drink coffee for health benefits; I just drink it because I like it. One tablespoon is 15 calories and I usually use about 3 per cup of coffee. Once in a while I'll use about 1/4 cup of my prepared protein shake.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I add more coffee to my coffee.
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Skim milk, no sugar. I'm currently on a high-protein, low-carb diet during which I can't drink milk. I've tried so many times to drink coffee black, but I just can't do it. I've tried Splenda, but I think it was hurting my weight loss efforts. So now I'm drinking black tea.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I take 1 scoop of whey protein with skim milk, shake it, and use that like coffee creamer.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Skim milk or 1 TBSP of half and half.