Thigh gap?

Hello, im new here

And i was wondering if anyone has achieved a thigh gap and how?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Genetics.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited May 2015
    double post
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    No you can't.
  • emmmmmp
    emmmmmp Posts: 1 Member
    Hi there!

A thigh gap isn't achievable by every single person. Obviously anyone can lose fat and gain lean muscle mass around the leg/thigh area. But it also depends on how wide a women's hips are. If you have small hips, that means your legs are going to appear closer together, looking like you have no gap, even though you have thin legs. Where as a women with wider hips, her legs appear further apart, giving her the "thigh gap" look. It all depends on the structure of your bones.

Hope this helps :)
  • 123user456
    123user456 Posts: 68 Member
    tyqx0ilz6oqe.jpg
  • natlierees
    natlierees Posts: 31 Member
    I had a thigh gap I was 19 yrs old anorexic, 7 stone and 5 ft 9, two yrs later I almost died 8 pints of blood for severe anaemia. Happy to not have a thigh gap now :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    not sure why you are asking...I just asked my son, who is your age, if men his age liked it....

His response..."eh, never thought about it...but who cares if a woman has it or not..."
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Genetics determine whether or not you will have one. Some people can achieve it without being severely underweight. Some people won't ever be able to even if they are underweight.

Photos online can be faked to make it appear as though a person has a thigh gap just by the way they are standing and some are photo shopped.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    not sure why you are asking...I just asked my son, who is your age, if men his age liked it....

His response..."eh, never thought about it...but who cares if a woman has it or not..."
    ^ My husband had a similar response. :laugh:

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited May 2015
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited May 2015
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    My parents gave me one. Seriously, get a new goal
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Yup. Came with MFP Premium. Totes worth the 50 bucks!

Lol.

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    I don't know, sounds like one of those things girls try to get to look more attractive but is also one of those things a guy wouldn't notice unless you specifically pointed it out.

Like getting your hair shortened by 3 cm
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited May 2015
    Yep I have one. Hasn't done anything magical for me, except my jeans don't wear out as fast :p
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Yup. Came with MFP Premium. Totes worth the 50 bucks!

Best MFP answer ever- just because you threw totes in there and made me laugh out loud haha
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Thigh gap?

That has never made it on the list of things I notice

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Instead of getting even thinner than you already are*,
    how about focusing on weightlifting (even body weight exercises - look at youtube & search google)
    so you look awesome, are strong, lean, can move easily, etc.?

*Which from your profile picture doesn't look like it would be healthy

And like others have already said, it's largely genetics.
    Look at the women in your family. How are they shaped?
    You could get to an unhealthfully low body fat percentage, even lose muscle,
    and still not have that stupid fad 'thigh gap'. Who the bleep started that anyway?
    It's glorifying anorexia, since that's what it would take for _most_ women to have it.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited May 2015
    im-glad-i-dont-have-a-thigh-gap-i-almost-dropped-my-phone-into-the-toilet-but-i-caught-it-with-thunder-and-lightning-785f0.png

I asked my boyfriend what he thought about thigh gaps- his response is "who cares".

To obtain a thigh gap- it mainly boils down to genetics.