Thigh gap?

Options

Replies

• Sephixteeo
    Sephixteeo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Maybe it is my thirties talking, but when working on attaining a physical fad, there is not much good to be had. It can be unhealthy, not sustainable, and one will just find another "flaw" to dwell on.

Everyone has their own genetic build. I am built like my father, so I have knobby knees, elbows, ribs, hips. I will never be tiny. But, I am pretty strong. And no thigh gap for me, personally.

Society photoshops, tapes, and surgically alters the common person's view on what is considered beauty. In my mother's old cosmetology book, I remember seeing that ideally, a woman's legs should have 3 small diamond shape gaps in between; below, and above the knee and the top of the thighs.

cheesy but true:
    Be the best version of you. :)
  • killerqueen21
    killerqueen21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Lexicpt wrote: »
    This is still a thing? Christ..

agreed. so stupid
  • fentonferguson
    fentonferguson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy and I have a slight one.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Maybe it's because i am sitting down at the moment.

Maybe it's because you are male.

The bones are a long way apart, so I guess it's down to how much muscle and fat surrounds them :-
    2c705b5268e02953be34f931acee2a_big_gallery.jpg

How many times do you see images like this on the internets that don't have a matchbox car or something jammed up in there?
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    hekla90 wrote: »
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    u0z18ou3qk25.jpg

Honestly, I Googled thigh gap and the results were... Alarming. There aren't a lot of people who have a thigh gap at a healthy weight.

There are plenty of healthy weight women with thigh gaps and Why do you feel the need to shame women who do have a thigh gap? I have one and always had one at a variety of weights. My boyfriend shockingly is attracted to me and finds it attractive. I have an awesome butt and toned body and am at a healthy weight.

And shocker, but my whole goal in life isn't about who all I can be sexy for-My health and body type aren't for the enjoyment of others. I find it offensive you're literally reducing women to sex objects based off physical characteristics. Women are more than that!

My bad, I wasn't aware that pursuit of a thigh gap was a health-based goal. Here I was, thinking it was an appearance thing...

Did you even read what I wrote? Where did I say it was a goal? I pointed out some people naturally have them and the photo you posted implying that all women with a thigh gap aren't sexy is what I have an issue with. Just because I have a thigh gap at a healthy weight doesn't mean my body is less sexy than someone with big thighs.

Wait, are we back to talking about what's sexy? I thought that offended you...

Possibly you didn't read the original post. This whole thread is about achieving a thigh gap as a goal.
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

The bones are a long way apart, so I guess it's down to how much muscle and fat surrounds them :-

How many times do you see images like this on the internets that don't have a matchbox car or something jammed up in there?

I laughed so hard my stomach hurts
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    This thread feels reminiscent of "the old days" when having good teeth was something men looked for in a woman.
    It also reminds me of this time some old lady stopped my SIL in the middle of a store and told her she had good child-bearing hips.

Thigh gaps... yeah... no one goes searching for that in a woman. It's not a thing. Just like "Child-bearing hips", thigh gaps are totally down to genetics.

I don't get why this is a thing. Maybe it's because my thighs are married. I can't separate them worth a damn.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    u0z18ou3qk25.jpg

Honestly, I Googled thigh gap and the results were... Alarming. There aren't a lot of people who have a thigh gap at a healthy weight.

There are plenty of healthy weight women with thigh gaps and Why do you feel the need to shame women who do have a thigh gap? I have one and always had one at a variety of weights. My boyfriend shockingly is attracted to me and finds it attractive. I have an awesome butt and toned body and am at a healthy weight.

And shocker, but my whole goal in life isn't about who all I can be sexy for-My health and body type aren't for the enjoyment of others. I find it offensive you're literally reducing women to sex objects based off physical characteristics. Women are more than that!

My bad, I wasn't aware that pursuit of a thigh gap was a health-based goal. Here I was, thinking it was an appearance thing...

Did you even read what I wrote? Where did I say it was a goal? I pointed out some people naturally have them and the photo you posted implying that all women with a thigh gap aren't sexy is what I have an issue with. Just because I have a thigh gap at a healthy weight doesn't mean my body is less sexy than someone with big thighs.

Possibly you didn't read the original post. This whole thread is about achieving a thigh gap as a goal.

I laughed so hard my stomach gurts

I'd like to achieve a stomach gurt. What is involved? Tell me more.

#sorrynotsorrycouldn'thelpmyself
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options

Ninkyou wrote: »
    u0z18ou3qk25.jpg

I laughed so hard my stomach gurts

I'd like to achieve a stomach gurt. What is involved? Tell me more.

#sorrynotsorrycouldn'thelpmyself

It's like GoGurt

#ifixeditasfastasicoulddamnit
  • susanatcorreia
    susanatcorreia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had a thigh gap and now I don't and am much healthier. I don't get this, but anyway... IF you have the bone/joints genetics to have a thigh gap, eating less calories than you spend should do it, since you'll lose fat and eventually lean mass. But please, stop obsessing over this, it's not healthy nor necessarily pretty.
  • brcossette
    brcossette Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    4ua6pdq5in2z.jpg
    Did someone say GAP?
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I don't get why this is a thing. Maybe it's because my thighs are married. I can't separate them worth a damn.
    Yeah, I find marriage ends up leading to closed thighs over time.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Snigger
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I grew up before this was a thing.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

/thread, nothing else of value can possibly be added. Literally snorted at my desk.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    I love these threads. Body shaming left and right.

Op asks a short question.
    The world lights up on fire.

We have women asking men if this is a good goal. Wut? Are your esthetic goals predicated on what random men think?
    No one seems to bat an eye.
    And then a guy gives his own opinion and "oh,my good, body shaming, wah, wail, renting of clothes. Burn him."
    The comparison picture on what is sexy and what isn't.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable "bones to dogs" and "real girls have curves" bingo spot.

Your body, your goals.
    I asked my son yup because I already have my own thoughts...curious what young men thought of it....reasonable thing to do....

esp since most things young women do are to impress men...that is the reality of it...

You asked your son if your thigh gap was sexy?

*shudder*

She asked if thigh gaps in general are sexy, she never mentioned asking if her own thigh gap was sexy.

And she never said her son was 8.

Much of a thigh gap is genetic.

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    rjmudlax13 wrote: »
    I'm interested in where this one started? Was it in a women's magazine or something. Or did the Internets come up with it?

I'm guessing combination of the 2. Have to wade though a bunch of crap in both.
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    jc93230 wrote: »
    Unless Corduroy pants come back in style it does not matter.

Well, I'm wearing corduroy pants today! I guess I'm out of style. Oh well.

But my thighs don't rub when I walk. I also don't have a thigh gap. From what I have read, in order to have a thigh gap, you stand with your feet together. Your knees and ankles touch, but thighs don't. I squat way too much to care if my thighs touch when my feet are together.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    jc93230 wrote: »
    Unless Corduroy pants come back in style it does not matter.

What the flag?

• Nicshtik
    Nicshtik Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Last time I had a thigh gap I was 17, severely anorexic at only 78 lbs and convinced I was obese. Looking back...I was disgusting looking, I looked like a skeleton. I will take my thighs rubbing any time.