• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    This is what i think!

kv0fbi5ausm3.jpg
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine lost 200 pounds over 3 years. She had no gap as far as anybody could tell. Now after 2 years of weight lifting she has a thigh gap. Her legs are solid muscle. She looks like a fitness model. So having a thigh gap can be just as sexy as not having one.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    This is what i think!

kv0fbi5ausm3.jpg

Because beauty is objective, of course. Everyone finds the same body shape attractive, everyone has the same preferences.
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting a thigh gap (within reason) I mean, if you're overweight and never seen anything like collar bones, ankle bones, etc on yourself, it can become something you're happy to see and that you like. I like having collarbones for the first time and have a teeny tiny bit of a thigh gap and personally I like it, but it just happened accidentally along the road to my healthy goal weight. It isn't always unhealthy.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    mzbek24 wrote: »
    I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting a thigh gap (within reason) I mean, if you're overweight and never seen anything like collar bones, ankle bones, etc on yourself, it can become something you're happy to see and that you like. I like having collarbones for the first time and have a teeny tiny bit of a thigh gap and personally I like it, but it just happened accidentally along the road to my healthy goal weight. It isn't always unhealthy.

Yes there is

Because it's like wanting brown eyes when you have blue

it's genetic

you can't diet your way to having a 'thigh gap' if you don't have wide-spaced hips and you shouldn't try to because it will just look like starvation
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I said within reason. I don't mean people starving to have one.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    mzbek24 wrote: »
    I said within reason. I don't mean people starving to have one.

I'm sorry but when it's a genetic feature I don't understand how the qualifier 'within reason' counts
  • ShanonVdM
    ShanonVdM Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    like they said.. genetics.. but there are methods to slimming thigh fat down or slimming down muscular thighs ... I know cuz I have slimmed down my thighs. Just don't resort to starving yourself and becoming a twig
  • likehlikeo
    likehlikeo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    This is what i think!

kv0fbi5ausm3.jpg

Because beauty is objective, of course. Everyone finds the same body shape attractive, everyone has the same preferences.

Who is the lady on the right side? I thought it was Nicole K. for a sec...
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I want a thigh gap for one reason... So I can easily put my toilet roll down the loo when I'm finished. If I had a thigh gap I wouldn't need to open my legs any more! YAY!
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »
    I want a thigh gap for one reason... So I can easily put my toilet roll down the loo when I'm finished. If I had a thigh gap I wouldn't need to open my legs any more! YAY!

OMG .. I am so holding back from a smart-*kitten* comment

:bigsmile:

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    It's a fixation on a certain feature that matters little...but it is a concern when someone comes on and asks "how do I get one" because it's one of those holy grails of the pro-ana community. When a young woman who does not naturally have a gap between her upper legs (through hip placement or genetic weight distribution) aspires to have one, it's a warning sign.

But, women who do naturally have wide set hips and thinner legs? They can and should rock on with their own bad selves. (And, also, have some empathy, because if your legs are naturally thin, that just means that if you put on weight, you'll carry it elsewhere, usually the abdomen. That's no fun, either.)

Perfect serious summation of the issue.

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    jc93230 wrote: »
    Unless Corduroy pants come back in style it does not matter.

Who thought corduroy pants were ever a good idea in the first place?

• mariannehgv
    mariannehgv Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thigh gaps remind me of WW2 pictures I've seen :-(
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thigh gaps, bikini bridges and injecting fat into the vulva. Is it just me or do these trends seem to revolve around a central theme?
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    jc93230 wrote: »
    Unless Corduroy pants come back in style it does not matter.

Who thought corduroy pants were ever a good idea in the first place?

but they fit well with a thigh gap :smile:
    1bcfe9d826fd4cc34ba9b8b22178c2b4.jpg

• NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    aimeerace wrote: »

OMG .. I am so holding back from a smart-*kitten* comment

:bigsmile:

You're a Dirty Gerty you are @rabbitjb :lol:
  • auntyp147
    auntyp147 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Gap, no gap. I have one. No big deal, .... but after reading this thread I've been staring at random guys thigh areas :s

www.popsugar.com.au/fitness/What-Men-Really-Think-About-Thigh-Gaps-37624226
  • Hulbert0089
    Hulbert0089 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I think most of us guys would prefer a nice badonkadonk to a bean pole with thigh gap.
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I"m more concerned with sweep rather than gap. Love that look of muscle sweep going out from the knee and in at the hip. I just lift the weights and my body reconfigures naturally. I don't really think about thigh gap to be honest.