Thigh gap?

Replies

• itsMcKay
    itsMcKay Posts: 131 Member
    It's arbitrary and stupid. I was 114 lbs. and on volleyball, stunt cheer and cross country and have never had a thigh gap. That's the bother with muscles. They fill up space.

Forget this stupid thigh gap garbage.
  • skiclimbdive
    skiclimbdive Posts: 32 Member
    Mine lasted all through pregnancy and a concurrent 40 lb weight gain. Yes, my hips are that wide. Totally genetic.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited June 2015
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    hekla90 wrote: »
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    u0z18ou3qk25.jpg

Honestly, I Googled thigh gap and the results were... Alarming. There aren't a lot of people who have a thigh gap at a healthy weight.

There are plenty of healthy weight women with thigh gaps and Why do you feel the need to shame women who do have a thigh gap? I have one and always had one at a variety of weights. My boyfriend shockingly is attracted to me and finds it attractive. I have an awesome butt and toned body and am at a healthy weight.

And shocker, but my whole goal in life isn't about who all I can be sexy for-My health and body type aren't for the enjoyment of others. I find it offensive you're literally reducing women to sex objects based off physical characteristics. Women are more than that!

My bad, I wasn't aware that pursuit of a thigh gap was a health-based goal. Here I was, thinking it was an appearance thing...

I have a thigh gap but I didn't pursue it-it appeared after I lost almost 60lbs and got my bf% to around 22 percent/bmi in the 19 range (which is in the healthy range). I realize what you were trying to say, but your post is offensive to those of us who are at a healthy weight and have have one-it's not something I can control, it just came with the weight loss :/ And I don't look anything like the person in the picture sheesh.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Vixen3000 wrote: »
    Hello, im new here

And i was wondering if anyone has achieved a thigh gap and how?

I wish I understood this thing about thigh gap. It has nothing to do with weight or being slim, and it's just a....thing that means nothing, except if you have one, it's due to heredity.
  • SLLRunner
    Yup. Came with MFP Premium. Totes worth the 50 bucks!

This is good. So good. :D
  • SLLRunner
    andylllI wrote: »
    Stand with your feet pointed inwards (pigeon toed) and lean forward. Works every time.
    This is actually what the models do during photo shoots.

I am on my way to stand in front of the mirror right now to do this......

:D
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    b8d13cbfbd52e6dbcbe647e3bd42bed8.jpg

It's one thing to have a thigh gap naturally, and a whole different story to seek it out like it's some magical prize. It's become some twisted thinspo holy grail.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,081 Member
    b8d13cbfbd52e6dbcbe647e3bd42bed8.jpg

It's one thing to have a thigh gap naturally, and a whole different story to seek it out like it's some magical prize. It's become some twisted thinspo holy grail.

Is that top image a thigh gap or a girl who wants a gap.

I'm overweight and if my knees are slightly apart (2cm) I would have a gap as big as that.

Maybe it's because i am sitting down at the moment.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Stand with your feet pointed inwards (pigeon toed) and lean forward. Works every time.

Dang, you beat me to it! :laugh:
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    These threads gets so ugly at times. And "lift some iron"?? What does that have to do with thigh gap?

Nothing, Don't care one bit about the thigh gap, I was referring to the photo above with the two photos

Its me saying the chunky thighs looks much better. Ie to achieve that eat some food and lift heavy weights.

Issue?

• Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Sydking wrote: »
    Thigh gap ugly as

Eat some food and lift sum dam iron

Did you not read all the answers which say they're genetic? You just insulted a lot of people for a feature they have no control over.

Nope, because its another fad that i have no care what so ever about and its stupid people and sheep on the internet and social media that make things out of nothing.

if its genetic then why do SO MANY people give a crap?

Its like saying which is better, Black or white skin.

WHO CARES. don't make a deal out of nothing

And yes i said eat some food and lift weights because chunky curvy thighs are way better then chicken legs

Thigh gap or not.......

• lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Thigh gap ugly as

Eat some food and lift sum dam iron

Did you not read all the answers which say they're genetic? You just insulted a lot of people for a feature they have no control over.

Nope, because its another fad that i have no care what so ever about and its stupid people and sheep on the internet and social media that make things out of nothing.

if its genetic then why do SO MANY people give a crap?

Its like saying which is better, Black or white skin.

WHO CARES. don't make a deal out of nothing

And yes i said eat some food and lift weights because chunky curvy thighs are way better then chicken legs

Thigh gap or not.......

Right, it's like saying which is better, black or white skin, then you coming along and saying one of those options is 'ugly as'. Clearly you do give a crap as you felt the need to state your opinion so crassly.

Please stop telling women what to do with their bodies in order to appear hotter to you.
  • swift13b
    swift13b Posts: 158 Member
    I have "gained" a thigh gap since losing weight but it's made to look bigger than it really is because my knees (and elbows) hyper-extend slightly. I'd hate to think that automatically makes my legs look ugly.

Agree re: how annoying it is when things fall between your legs and you can't catch them!
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    edited June 2015
    I have one, at this weight when sitting down - because I have big hips. I literally give it zero thought ever though, besides just now or when I have dropped cookies through it before. It serves me no purpose at all. No man (or woman, for that matter) has ever commented on it, or probably even noticed.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Maybe it's because i am sitting down at the moment.

Maybe it's because you are male.

The bones are a long way apart, so I guess it's down to how much muscle and fat surrounds them :-
    2c705b5268e02953be34f931acee2a_big_gallery.jpg

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    edited June 2015
    I love these threads. Body shaming left and right.

Op asks a short question.
    The world lights up on fire.

We have women asking men if this is a good goal. Wut? Are your esthetic goals predicated on what random men think?
    No one seems to bat an eye.
    And then a guy gives his own opinion and "oh,my good, body shaming, wah, wail, renting of clothes. Burn him."
    The comparison picture on what is sexy and what isn't.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable "bones to dogs" and "real girls have curves" bingo spot.

Your body, your goals.
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    what a lovely day :smile:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    what a lovely day :smile:

WITNESS!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited June 2015
    I love these threads. Body shaming left and right.

Op asks a short question.

We have women asking men if this is a good goal. Wut? Are your esthetic goals predicated on what random men think?
    No one seems to bat an eye.
    And then a guy gives his own opinion and "oh,my good, body shaming, wah, wail, renting of clothes. Burn him."
    The comparison picture on what is sexy and what isn't.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable "bones to dogs" and "real girls have curves" bingo spot.

Your body, your goals.
    I asked my son yup because I already have my own thoughts...curious what young men thought of it....reasonable thing to do....

esp since most things young women do are to impress men...that is the reality of it...