Why is Shakeology so dang expensive??

Options
I'm just wondering because I have seen tons of othe meal replacement/protein shakes for much cheaper. Thank you!

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Because it's an MLM Pyramid Scheme.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    It's an MLM scheme and not necessary for success
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Because it can be, and people will still pay for it.
  • brandlefly
    brandlefly Posts: 24 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My friend sells it. It's crazy the money she and her husband make. They are top sellers; good for them, but have you seen the ingredient label? I would never, ever put that junk in my body. Personally, I could never sell it. She was pretty honest with me about how the whole program works. I am not interested in profiting off of another human's pain.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Brand recognition. People equate Shakeology with being "better" then others because of how it is marketed. Just like many other brands such as Apple, Polo, and the like. You pay more because of the name more then anything else.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Because scams are always aimed at parting you with as much money as possible?
  • youdontknowwhatyousaw
    youdontknowwhatyousaw Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Because people will readily believe just about anything and are willing to pay for it.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Because nobody wants to believe they can lose weight for free. Because shakeology is considered a miracle weight-loss tool for a high price. Because people would rather pay high prices for an easy way to lose weight than to stay on the steady and certain path. Because even though it doesn't work, and causes problems, they don't really want to work to lose weight. Much easier to pay money. That works with housekeeping or gardening or home repair, but somehow doesn't work with weight loss. People don't get that.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I've had "coaches" try to justify the price by comparing it to going to Starbucks for coffee everyday. Their mantra is to say whatever it takes to sell a bag of overpriced powder.
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Bc people who sell them want to get rich. Lol
  • danprin1
    danprin1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That's crazy! I tried a sample a couple months ago and it tasted horrible! The coach told me I had to find other stuff to mix with it to make it taste better... Idk but the vanilla was seriously gross
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    its so expensive because you have to spend so much money on them that you cant buy/afford any other food anymore....you will lose weight this way.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    its so expensive because you have to spend so much money on them that you cant buy/afford any other food anymore....you will lose weight this way.

:laugh:

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Because you're not just paying for the seller of the product, but multiple "upstream" people they are under who had absolutely nothing to do with the sale.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Because you pay for the scammers marketing costs. Run away from this junk.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Because they want money and someone is willing to pay that much.
  • cshir
    cshir Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    danprin1 wrote: »
    I'm just wondering because I have seen tons of othe meal replacement/protein shakes for much cheaper. Thank you!
    When you actually think about it comes out to $4 a shake. As a meal replacement, that really isn't bad. I'd spend more on my breakfast or lunch normally. It just seems expensive because you're paying up front. I've not used it, I'm not a coach or anything (though I just ordered it recently out of curiosity). I researched it quite a bit and it does have quite a few vitamins and what not that I know I personally don't get in my daily meals. For me, I either don't eat enough or I eat too much and either way I'm not getting the good stuff my body needs so a decent meal replacement shake is the answer because it takes all of the thinking out of it for me. I can make a shake and get what I need.