Men, what should a woman eat(or not) on the first date?

Options

Replies

• j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever looks appealing on the menu. Though for first dates, I generally stay away from anything that's too messy. Good luck!!
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Oh dear.
    This post makes me sad.
    I thought women had come so much further.....
    It's like this was a Dear Abby post from 1955...
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    No - really : How old are you? Are you, like, 12?
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    I'm going on my first date with a new guy and I don't know what to order. I don't know exactly where we are going, but I'm asking not necessarily in regards to calories but more in regards to what I "should eat." Like what looks better- a salad or a burger?

Thanks!

Get the number three and supersize it.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Guys don't care. At all. Not even a little bit.
    Just get something that won't stick in your teeth.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Bring a banana with you in your purse.

There's lots you can do with a banana...
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    Hi-
    I'm going on my first date with a new guy and I don't know what to order. I don't know exactly where we are going, but I'm asking not necessarily in regards to calories but more in regards to what I "should eat." Like what looks better- a salad or a burger?

Thanks!

Get the number three and supersize it.

Bhahaaa. Love this!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I don't ever remember putting this much thought into dating. Except for what to wear. Maybe.

I never dated in the usual sense. I always end up thinking "Hunh, do people really think/do that?" when I read this kind of stuff.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    There are two sides to this I see.

One is if you eat something different just to impress the guy are you not lying or misleading them from the get go? Say you normally eat pasta and you decide to eat a burger just because your on a date, doesn't that seem misleading or shows a lack of confidence.

The other side I see is you don't want to spill food on you, them or the immediate area so I would maybe avoid things with sauces or soups or too much liquid. Also something that you use cutlery to eat if possible.

I always spill stuff. No matter how careful. Like a stray tiny peice of food will fall on me. And it won't just leave a small mark. This peice would be covered in sauce or oil and bounce and roll all the way down my front leaving a trail.

Lol, that happens to me except everything just lands on my boobs :D

Me too I always drop something on me...ugh

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    My first date with my girlfriend of nearly three years was downing a bunch of homemade chicken wings until we were both about to pop washed down with a bottle of tequila where margaritas turned into shots.

If someone is really THAT hung up on what you eat, they suck. Don't waste your time on them.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    First date depends on where I'm being taken but most cases there is a side salad involved because I like salads unless it's this oyster bar I like. For italian I go for lasagna, mostly, because I like lasagna better than spaghetti in most restaurants and because I can eat that like an adult.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »

One is if you eat something different just to impress the guy are you not lying or misleading them from the get go? Say you normally eat pasta and you decide to eat a burger just because your on a date, doesn't that seem misleading or shows a lack of confidence.

The other side I see is you don't want to spill food on you, them or the immediate area so I would maybe avoid things with sauces or soups or too much liquid. Also something that you use cutlery to eat if possible.

I always spill stuff. No matter how careful. Like a stray tiny peice of food will fall on me. And it won't just leave a small mark. This peice would be covered in sauce or oil and bounce and roll all the way down my front leaving a trail.

Lol, that happens to me except everything just lands on my boobs :D

Me too I always drop something on me...ugh

Me, too. It's a big joke in my family now. Problem is I have small boobs, so everything lands on my bigger tummy :(.

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    Is this a serious question

That's what I'm wondering as well.

I went on a coffee date once with a guy who was absolutely mortified by my order...a children's iced funky monkey mocha. I didn't name the thing, but I'm all about banana-mocha flavors. If that guy had a problem with my order he definitely could not handle the other 334,561 quirks I have...
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    No - really : How old are you? Are you, like, 12?

I believe she may be a youngster......
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    This is a wind up planted thread. If the OP was that bothered, she would have replied by now,,,,,,to at least some of us. at least.

Says a lot about us that we just didn't say the obvious - Grow up and get real. We give advice, make jokes, reminisce about first dates,,,,,,great planted thread!!!

I had a first date without even knowing! I thought he was interviewing me for a job! I was so nervous that I just said, 'Oh, whatever you recommend, cos I didn't want to admit I couldn't read the menu in the dim light. And guess what,he ordered spaghetti........Believe it! It is not a good food look on a first date, or assumed interview!!!

I gave up after meddling with it with my fork fruitlessly. No way was I going to risk bad eating habits or needing a bib to stop me getting job offer. And it was a lunch date so I still had work to do,,,,,,,,Excruciating to the point it still pains me now to think about it!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    She made another thread about self confidence earlier today.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

This is me.i spill everything!but seriously op order whatever you like eating and dont over think it

• dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    She made another thread about self confidence earlier today.

Well, if this genuine, then I guess that figures, but OP, if are reading your replies, a bit of reciprocation wouldn't come amiss,,,,,,,
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I once ordered nachos and forgot that I eat them like a heathen.
    Spaghetti bolognese is a no no, as spaghetti and tomato sauce flies everywhere.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever the *kitten* you want! (Maybe this is why I'm single? haha...nah.)