Men, what should a woman eat(or not) on the first date?

Options

Replies

• justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I'd say the only considerations you should make are based on attire. If you're wearing your favorite shirt and don't want it stained, you might want to avoid foods that drip or fall apart. Otherwise, go for it. My husband loves that I can eat almost as much as he can lol.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    If he can't afford caviar tapioca pudding, he's not my type.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I'd suggest avoiding anything that gives you gas.

Nothing worse than trying to enjoy a first date, and constantly having to fart...

Oh yeah, I'd have to agree with this. I'd stay away from beans and spinach.

Oh, and garlic and raw onion. Just in case the date goes well :D

Yeah but I don't know...garlic is so good. And once you add in a few glasses of red wine and bourbon on both sides, you tend to forget about that garlic smell.

I would worry more about a few glasses of wine and on top of that bourbon than I would about what to order.
    I know at least two people who did not remember if their first date went well and one person wondering why her date did not call back, due to too many " few glasses of wine ".....have no idea if there was also bourbon involved.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Ang108 wrote: »

Nothing worse than trying to enjoy a first date, and constantly having to fart...

Yeah but I don't know...garlic is so good. And once you add in a few glasses of red wine and bourbon on both sides, you tend to forget about that garlic smell.

I would worry more about a few glasses of wine and on top of that bourbon than I would about what to order.
    I know at least two people who did not remember if their first date went well and one person wondering why her date did not call back, due to too many " few glasses of wine ".....have no idea if there was also bourbon involved.

Okay well...Fortunately that has never happened to me. I don't really "worry" about how much I drink as I know when to stop because of adulting.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    But I don't drink at all. I'm not about to force myself to drink disgusting wine or champagne just to impress a guy. Yuck.

Well that throws quite a wrench into the whole plan. But, hey, I am all about support for those who choose not to drink.

Perhaps you can substitute some of the recommended alcohol choices with non-alcoholic options. For example, inquire as to what sort of imported, sparkling waters they have available, as well as still waters. Pairing a perfectly ripened, freshly squeezed kiwi with a sparkling from San Marino goes great with a salad or soup; similarly, a dry-ripened fig in an Andoran sparkling would complement the cheese plate nicely. Pairing a room temperature French still water with a raspberry and currant accompaniment to the souffle would be great. And classy!
  • 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    escargot, he will love you forever!
  • Cortelli
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    ^^Cannot finish this. Too hangry after foie gras

But there is sooo much more!

Stop. Now I'm just sad and want to go on a fancy date and wear a pretty dress and heels and eat all the foods :( I've been wanting this for days too!

Well, didn't want to make anyone sad :'(

Pro tip: I have sometimes gone on a date all by myself -- get dressed up, have a fantastic meal . . . good things happen!

• CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh, eat whatever you want. And be yourself for god's sake
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Stop. Now I'm just sad and want to go on a fancy date and wear a pretty dress and heels and eat all the foods :( I've been wanting this for days too!

Pro tip: I have sometimes gone on a date all by myself -- get dressed up, have a fantastic meal . . . good things happen!

Masturdating!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

Okay well...Fortunately that has never happened to me. I don't really "worry" about how much I drink as I know when to stop because of adulting.

wait, you are an adult????
  • arditarose
    edited June 2015
    Options

Masturdating!

OH my gosh. I haven't done that in a long time. I'm DOING it.

Plus I love this term. I now have procrasturbating and masturdaing.

....I didn't quote that right. lol.
  • arditarose
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

wait, you are an adult????

Believe it or not.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    My first date with my husband, we went to Chipotle and I shamed him by out-eating him; he couldn't even finish his burrito. And then he got diarrhea so bad be literally crapped himself while giving me a ride home. Five years of marriage and 1.9 kids later, I'm still crazy about him. Go figure.

Clearly food choices do not matter in compatibility.
  • arditarose
    Options
    My first date with my husband, we went to Chipotle and I shamed him by out-eating him; he couldn't even finish his burrito. And then he got diarrhea so bad be literally crapped himself while giving me a ride home. Five years of marriage and 1.9 kids later, I'm still crazy about him. Go figure.

Oh my god...I'm dying. That's love :)
  • Cortelli
    Options
    Do you think my husband would mind if you and I went to dinner?

I'm afraid I don't know your husband so cannot say. I *might* be able to convince my wife.

MrM27 wrote:
    Cortelli, you been drinking today?"

Gross - I don't even like champagne and wine and would never drink it in order to impress a forum.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

bahahahahahahahaha
  • Cortelli
    Options

Masturdating!

Stunningly brilliant!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

That's amazing! My first date with my husband, we didn't eat at the bar because I saw a rat in their kitchen when walking past to go to the bathroom. Did we leave? No. We just used it to make them give us free drinks.
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    my wife at a burrito our first date.. she cleaned her plate. beans, and rice. i ate ceviche because i was dieting, and it came out in some gay margarita looking glass. i was so embarrassed
  • arditarose
    Options
    ^^I shouldn't have laughed but did