Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    also check out the c25k group here too
  • SteffieSunshine
    SteffieSunshine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday and it was difficult. I did it, but I'm not sure I can do day 2 tomorrow. I have been working out 5 days a week for 9 weeks, including 60 minutes on the elliptical. I think maybe I need to lose a little more weight? I went from 247 to 217 so far. Was it this hard for everyone on the very first day? Thanks!

• amudd645
    amudd645 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just ran week 4 day 1 today. Can't believe I was able to do 3,5,3,5. Loving the feeling of getting back into longer distance running. So enjoyable!

Anyone feel free to add me. I love seeing others hit their goals on their runs; it inspires me!
  • FrazierSamuel
    FrazierSamuel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just finished W2D1. Happy to add new friends who are also doing it.

I've been on MFP for about 10 months, hit my goal and then immediately got lazy about tracking and gained some weight back (about 5lbs of which I plan on keeping). It looks like I really need a nice measurable target to keep me motivated and C25K is going to be it.

I'm looking forward to really being able to run again. When I was in HS 20 years ago I ran track (mostly long sprints) and did cross country to keep in shape for track. Then I smoked and drank too much for a few years, then spent lots of time cycling and playing soccer, then a couple years of not much more than walking and it's pretty much all gone, despite being in decent shape for my age.

Completing C25K and just being able to run 3 miles again is a great near-term goal. Is it crazy to give myself a long-term goal of a 21 minute 5k? It certainly feels like it now, so I'll just complete this first, then who knows.
  • TexasPatriot
    TexasPatriot Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Well I made it to Week 5 and then had to stop. I started over again. I hope to finish this time, on Week 2 Day 1 today
  • TexasPatriot
    Options
    I'm super stoked. I have one more run to go and I finish the C25K. I've been taking my dog and she loves it and is definitely a motivator.
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Great job @TexasPatriot, I'm sure puppy loves the bonding time with you!
  • TexasPatriot
    Options
    Thank you @showjumper We finished the program last night!!!!!
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congrats Now moving on to the 10k program??? :wink: