124»

Replies

• MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    fr3smyl wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    For me it's the week after the end of my period. I lost 3-5 pounds in 5 days every time... then stopped losing until the next period.

Even now that I've been maintaining for a year, I gain a couple pounds when I ovulate (I have massive ovarian cysts, that might account for it), then lose them again the week after my period. But when I skip a period, I keep the extra couple pounds.

Your cysts aren't going to be that big! You'd get torsion injuries on your ovaries if they were, like someone on too much Clomid.

My cysts were 1-6 pounds when they were removed.

That level of cysts would have you doubled over in pain, you'd look distinctly pregnant, and you'd be EXTREMELY susceptible to torsion injuries. That's not what the OP is describing. If you went for a run with cysts of that size, you'd be very likely to twist the ovary on the fallopian tube and end up with emergency surgery.

Plus, a very large cyst from *that* month is no more than 4 cm at the MOST, and you'd only have one cyst on one side before you ovulate. Your body only recruits one follicle to grow to that kind of size (actually, usually more like 2.4 cm--the less crazy range is 1.8cm to 3.2 or so) in a month if you're actually ovulating (because you release one egg per day to possibly be recruited off Clomid). If it doesn't burst at ovulation, then it can hang around as a cyst and potentially get bigger with each cycle. But actually ovulating wouldn't make an older cyst go away.