MFP Cycling Club

Options

Replies

• gwynh
    gwynh Posts: 160
    Options
    I am going to think about my target if that is okay with you and I'll post it for a monday start, I am also on week 3 of the C25K so am alternating my exercise (I am NO runner but my dogs would like me to be!) so happy cycling guys and I will get my thinking cap on as to what is a realistic target for this 40 something old bird!

I have checked alot of the people's profiles posting here, and many of us (myself included) are in their 35+ range. Don't feel like an old bird. I feel like a 22 year old inside.
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I am going to think about my target if that is okay with you and I'll post it for a monday start, I am also on week 3 of the C25K so am alternating my exercise (I am NO runner but my dogs would like me to be!) so happy cycling guys and I will get my thinking cap on as to what is a realistic target for this 40 something old bird!

I have checked alot of the people's profiles posting here, and many of us (myself included) are in their 35+ range. Don't feel like an old bird. I feel like a 22 year old inside.
    Well said, gwynh! I'm fast approaching 38 and I'm more fit than I was in my 20s :happy:
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :wink: I'd like to join this group. I try to ride my bike to and from work a couple of times a week for both exercise and transportation (25 miles/day). Practically grew up on a bike, but it did not seem to work for me once I moved to Canada. Recently got back into it and love it.

I like seeing all this motivation on this forum. Well done!

:bigsmile: Rebel :bigsmile:
  • skywalker
    Options
    Welcome Rebel and congrats on your Skinny Saturday!! :happy:
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options

Well said, gwynh! I'm fast approaching 38 and I'm more fit than I was in my 20s :happy:

good to hear that not all you cyclists are spring chickens!
    okay so am gonna have to start slowly mon wed fri and sat on my bike, tues thurs and sun C25K, and I am going to aim for, oh I dont know over 60km, right I am going to fix myself a glass of wine to celebrate my first cycling target...... cheers
  • skywalker
    Options
    Checking in.... 125.63 miles for the week :bigsmile:
    I think I can live with that :wink:

Happy pedaling! :drinker:
  • tipusnr
    tipusnr Posts: 572
    Options
    Well done everyone. Don't have the bikes with us this trip but Ludington, MI is extremely bike friendly. Trying to walk 5 or more miles a day and may jog if the weather is right. Saw a sign today on the left-most bike-lane telling cyclists not to enter as they are supposed to ride WITH traffic. Never seen that on a sign before.
  • RebelRenny
    Options
    Welcome Rebel and congrats on your Skinny Saturday!! :happy:

:bigsmile: Thanks Skywalker!!
  • ClareRce
    ClareRce Posts: 79
    Options
    Checking in.... 125.63 miles for the week :bigsmile:
    I think I can live with that :wink:

Happy pedaling! :drinker:

I AM SERIOUSLY IMPRESSED! Well done Skywalker.
  • skywalker
    Options
    RAGBRAI starts here Sunday so we should have anywhere from 10,000 to 30,000 riders in town. Since I am grounded from my bike for another 5 weeks I am just going to do the photography. Anyone from here riding?
    Welcome, megamom!! I've never done RAGBRAI, but it sounds like fun! Have fun doing the photography and please post some of your work. :happy:
  • ClareRce
    Options
    Logging in 102.7 miles for this week. Got non stop visitors from now so might be difficult to escape (much as I'll need to) to achieve the 100 miles next week, but will see how I go. I've hired bikes for some friends arriving next week, but don't think they'll be up to the nice long rides to a military beach I like to do (21 mile round trip). However, I might be doing them an injustice!

I like the idea of RAGBRAI, looked it up on Google. Sounds fun and certainly something I'd like to do one day ....
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Checking in this week 104.3 kms. 91.4 kms are cycling, the rest is running. My best week ever :bigsmile:
    I commited to post a picture in lycra shorts when I do 100k in a week - which I didn't - but since I came close I uploaded my pic in shorts and a yellow jersey. I'll try to repeat the 90k+ this week, because it showed progress on the scale.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Awesome! I am in! Right now I only have a mountain bike, and I am saving for a road bike. My goal is to ride 60 consecutive minutes at least once this week, and then increase to 2 consecutive hours, the 3, and so on. I want to do the STOKR (stands for Scenic Tour Of Kootenai River) ride, which is about 80 miles for the short route. I am aiming for May 2012!
  • skywalker
    Options
    Welcome, Panda! :drinker: I'm just the opposite. I have a road bike and am saving for a mtn bike. That's how I originally got into cycling, but sold my mtn a few years ago and have regretted it ever since. This time I'll just have to get something better:happy: I've got my eye on a Specialized Stumpjumper. I love that name :laugh:
  • RebelRenny
    Options
    :bigsmile: Good Monday Morning!

My flat tire is fixed and things are looking good this week for bicycling to and from work. 20k one way. Since it is a 4 day week for me I could hit 160k (equals abt 100 miles). Wish me luck. :tongue:

:smile: Have a great Monday everyone.

:heart: Rebel:heart::heart:
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am really pleased my week has started very well I did 15k this morning, which I know says nothing but it was 15k almost completely uphill and a couple of those there hills are steeeeeeeep, I was as red as a beetroot and well chuffed!!!

15k+
  • ClareRce
    Options
    :bigsmile: Good Monday Morning!

My flat tire is fixed and things are looking good this week for bicycling to and from work. 20k one way. Since it is a 4 day week for me I could hit 160k (equals abt 100 miles). Wish me luck. :tongue:

:smile: Have a great Monday everyone.

:heart: Rebel:heart::heart:

Wow Renny, that's some cycling! Good for you to try it. 100 miles a week is my aim too for the time being; it's a great workout and you'll be at your goal weight in no time hopefully. Good luck. :happy:
  • ClareRce
    Options
    Checking in this week 104.3 kms. 91.4 kms are cycling, the rest is running. My best week ever :bigsmile:
    I commited to post a picture in lycra shorts when I do 100k in a week - which I didn't - but since I came close I uploaded my pic in shorts and a yellow jersey. I'll try to repeat the 90k+ this week, because it showed progress on the scale.

Looking good Dinos!
  • Panda86
    Options
    Can anyone suggest something that will help me track how far I go on my bike? I have looked at bike computers, but most are really expensive... is there something smaller and similar to a pedometer that a runner wears that would work??? And hopefully affordable.... Thanks :)
  • Panda86
    Options
    Can anyone suggest something that will help me track how far I go on my bike? I have looked at bike computers, but most are really expensive... is there something smaller and similar to a pedometer that a runner wears that would work??? And hopefully affordable.... Thanks :)