Nobody?

• Jonestiarra2013
    Jonestiarra2013 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Is anyone gonna tell her?

No?

Nobody?

Alot of people have commented on this I think I have all the info I need lol
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

No?

Nobody?

Alot of people have commented on this I think I have all the info I need lol

oh no you got great information on here

I was watching the fireworks between presumed authority as a nurse and actual authority as someone who knows his *kitten*

:grin:
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

No?

Nobody?

I was thinking the whole time reading this thread "Wait, isn't MrM...?"
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

No?

Nobody?

I was thinking the whole time reading this thread "Wait, isn't MrM...?"

Yes. Yes he is.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    To correct myself, MrM27, what probably happened to make it type that was I found myself thinking from a nursing diagnosis standpoint and only meaning to say you may not understand where I was coming from because it's a nurse thing, not that you were incapable. I do rememeber feeling defensive because you were attacking a harmless post and wanted me to explain myself scientifically to address a question that it wasn't necessary for. Medical theory, nursing theory, pathophysiology is complex and when you teach the general public you must take into account that the average American reading level is somewhere on junior high level. Not to say this poster was average either, just part of standard practice. Best to keep things simple and address the signs and symptoms. Of course people in the know are thinking a thousand things when someone asks a question such as this. You're obviously very passionate, hopefully you see that in me as well. Maybe we can change opinions of each other now that we've devoted so much energy into this blog today and possibly have a better understanding of each other...would that be nice.

Yeah, we can't all achieve "prefection"

Just those with the proper "cridentials"

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    To correct myself, MrM27, what probably happened to make it type that was I found myself thinking from a nursing diagnosis standpoint and only meaning to say you may not understand where I was coming from because it's a nurse thing, not that you were incapable. I do rememeber feeling defensive because you were attacking a harmless post and wanted me to explain myself scientifically to address a question that it wasn't necessary for. Medical theory, nursing theory, pathophysiology is complex and when you teach the general public you must take into account that the average American reading level is somewhere on junior high level. Not to say this poster was average either, just part of standard practice. Best to keep things simple and address the signs and symptoms. Of course people in the know are thinking a thousand things when someone asks a question such as this. You're obviously very passionate, hopefully you see that in me as well. Maybe we can change opinions of each other now that we've devoted so much energy into this blog today and possibly have a better understanding of each other...would that be nice.

Yeah, we can't all achieve "prefection"

Just those with the proper "cridentials"

:D
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    8w0gf8.jpg
  • Jonestiarra2013
    Jonestiarra2013 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    8w0gf8.jpg

How did you post a pic here?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Does MFP have moderators?

Allegedly, though mainly in US timezones it appears. There's a "report" feature under "Flag" if you have a concern - moderation is reactive.
  • starfish502015
    starfish502015 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I didn't mean to cause an argument guys! This is a place where we should all come together without judgement but I appreciate everyone's input

You didn't cause an argument. The issue is when someone give you information that isn't accurate, insists their credentials are their explanation and expects the person asking the question to just follow the advice blindly just because it might sound good. It doesn't benefit you or anyone reading the thread wondering how things work. Explaining how things work can be done in a simple all the way to a complicated manner but when someone wants to say they won't explain because you can't understand it, it's a red flag. You have to ask your if the issue is that you enter understand it or is it that the person really doesn't understand it themselves.

You're probably that person that people avoid having conversations with cause you take them an unecessary level and argue for the sake of it. And no I am not saying what you are saying is rubbish but learn to be kind. So dont start on me for that now. People use these forums to clear doubts and get help not everyone is right but there's a way to speak to a stranger and clearly you need help with that. Try to kind while being helpful maybe.

• FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    be kind, please rewind
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Just curious as to how to tell the difference between losing fat and water weight...both make the numbers on the scale go down and both affect the way you fit in clothes

don't worry about it.

if you're losing about 1 Lb per day I'm going to assume you are relatively new to your diet...in that case your glycogen stores are decreasing with the energy deficit (essentially water) as well as having less inherent waste in your system. You can't lose 1 Lb of fat per day.

just track the trend and don't get too wrapped up in minutia like this.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I didn't mean to cause an argument guys! This is a place where we should all come together without judgement but I appreciate everyone's input

You didn't cause an argument. The issue is when someone give you information that isn't accurate, insists their credentials are their explanation and expects the person asking the question to just follow the advice blindly just because it might sound good. It doesn't benefit you or anyone reading the thread wondering how things work. Explaining how things work can be done in a simple all the way to a complicated manner but when someone wants to say they won't explain because you can't understand it, it's a red flag. You have to ask your if the issue is that you enter understand it or is it that the person really doesn't understand it themselves.

You're probably that person that people avoid having conversations with cause you take them an unecessary level and argue for the sake of it. And no I am not saying what you are saying is rubbish but learn to be kind. So dont start on me for that now. People use these forums to clear doubts and get help not everyone is right but there's a way to speak to a stranger and clearly you need help with that. Try to kind while being helpful maybe.

When are you going to post this message to the young lady who was extremely rude to the poster you are dressing down for what you believe is rude behavior?
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You are still going at it over hear? :o
    Lol...
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    Lol...

NOT THERE

THERE

hqdefault.jpg
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Lol...

The last post in this thread was 3 days ago. I'm not sure that counts as "still going at it." But hey, now that the thread has been bumped I'm sure you'll get whatever entertainment you were looking for.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean to bump this thread. I'm not that into these message boards and this thread was still up when I logged in for some reason. But now I realize what I done. You don't have to be so rude about it either. :/