ndj1979 wrote: »
    jacklfc88 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Haha everyone getting shirty. I haven't said sugar is evil, people need to go and read where I said I have some sweets whilst I am training. I have some myself at other times.

But the OP has put 6lbs on and eats sweets a lot and wants to lose it. Common sense is to reduce it or cut it out if they wanna lose it again, don't you think? If you wanna cut you gotta lose body fat. If you wanna lose body fat then reduce unnecessary carb intake such as sweets. End of.

or just eat less of EVERYTHING..

if you want to reduce body fat you eat less calories, carb intake has nothing to do with it; unless of course your carb intake is putting you in a surplus.

Which sweets more than likely are.

Nope. That's an assumption. You are are making assumptions on how people lose weight and what they have to do.

Not really. Man I am getting bored of repeating myself here. For the final time, pay attention, are you ready?

The OP said they can't stop eating sweets.

Doesn't take a genius to work out what MAY not be helping diet wise.

And at the same time have made statements about everyone in general needing to not eat sweets on a regular basis if they want to drop the fat they want but at the same time there have been people in this thread alone that said they do eat it in a regular basis and hit their goals but yet you ignore that fact.

No, just not advocating including sweets in a diet. As an odd treat yeah. As part of a lifestyle and diet no. Have you ever seen any serious training guide suggest sweets as part of a daily diet? I haven't.

But each to their own.

strange I eat ice cream every day and my blood work is nearly perfect and I am about 12-15% body fat…

how did that happen???

Haha good for you! Doubt you know what 12% body fat looks like! Think what you want, eat what you want. Sweets have little to no nutritional value.

They nourish my soul. That's good enough for me. I'll enjoy every chocolate chip in my yogurt tonight.

Nice try at an ad hom on him. You should have looked at his profile before your epic fail.

I wasn't talking about Mr27. Read the thread properly before you start down the smart ads route. What were you saying about fails? Pahaha.
    Yeah it's fairly obvious that someone made a weak attempt at criticizing some people on this forum and is now making an even worse attempt at skating out of it.

Stick around kid, you can learn a few things from us members that don't know how to eat properly.

Hahaha ok pal. I'll go to the "clean eating zealot" group shall I.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Is this you OP?
    1366596671353.png
  • TravelinGal7147
    TravelinGal7147 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Here is a thought I have not read here. Do not have it as a snack by itself. Instead have it after a meal. In that way it will absorb more slowly and not spike as great a rise in insulin which then if blood sugar goes down makes you want more. it is worth a try.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Here is a thought I have not read here. Do not have it as a snack by itself. Instead have it after a meal. In that way it will absorb more slowly and not spike as great a rise in insulin which then if blood sugar goes down makes you want more. it is worth a try.

THIS is a reasonable suggestion.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Except we haven't established that OP has any problem moderating her intake as is. I still don't get why people are assuming that.

However, I agree that eating sweets right after a meal can be good if you are someone prone to a sugar crash. I mostly do that (and also because I don't do well with snacking). I think it's one reason I've never had any problem moderating my ice cream.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Except we haven't established that OP has any problem moderating her intake as is. I still don't get why people are assuming that.

However, I agree that eating sweets right after a meal can be good if you are someone prone to a sugar crash. I mostly do that (and also because I don't do well with snacking). I think it's one reason I've never had any problem moderating my ice cream.

At this point I think it is safe to assume OP is not coming back to update us on her continued struggles with gaining due to her "candy problem".

I think it is also safe to assume after following this thread that the vast majority of responders do not bother to fully read and comprehend what the OP is saying, and instead, will look for any mention of the word candy or sweets to hijack the thread into a discussion about sugar addiction, binges, and the benefits of "clean" eating.
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Since someone mentioned them, full size Reese's Peanut Butter Cup (just one) is 110 calories.
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Since someone mentioned them, full size Reese's Peanut Butter Cup (just one) is 110 calories.

Have you seen the 1 pound Reese Cups? They sell them around here at Christmas.....
    They are disgustingly huge.
    And sort'a delicious
    (Looks sheepish)
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I did!! HUUUUGE. But--I think it would be too peanut buttery for me. My favorites are actually the mini cups. I feel they have the best ratio of peanut butter to chocolate.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I did!! HUUUUGE. But--I think it would be too peanut buttery for me. My favorites are actually the mini cups. I feel they have the best ratio of peanut butter to chocolate.

I totally agree with this, my husband thinks I'm nuts. I even think the Reese's Eggs at Easter are off in their ratio.

The minis are best from the freezer!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options

LIES! It is a scientific fact that perfection was realized via the Reeses Peanut Butter Egg. It's proof that God exists and that she loves us.
  • sk1nnyf0rm3
    sk1nnyf0rm3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Honestly, candy is a BIG issue with me too. Some days, literally that's all I have. But a good thing I found to help me cut down on it is a)as others have said don't take the whole bag, just take a serving and make it last. But also, b)get hard candy instead of chewy ones. The hard candy gives you the sweetness without having to eat a ton to make it last. I can suck on one piece for up to 15 minutes if I don't chew it.
  • senecarr
    Options

Have you seen the 1 pound Reese Cups? They sell them around here at Christmas.....
    And sort'a delicious
    (Looks sheepish)
    I guess I'll count myself lucky to be the rare person that feels chocolate and peanut butter together is gross.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

I totally agree with this, my husband thinks I'm nuts. I even think the Reese's Eggs at Easter are off in their ratio.

The minis are best from the freezer!

I totally agree with this also.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Haha everyone getting shirty. I haven't said sugar is evil, people need to go and read where I said I have some sweets whilst I am training. I have some myself at other times.

But the OP has put 6lbs on and eats sweets a lot and wants to lose it. Common sense is to reduce it or cut it out if they wanna lose it again, don't you think? If you wanna cut you gotta lose body fat. If you wanna lose body fat then reduce unnecessary carb intake such as sweets. End of.

if you want to reduce body fat you eat less calories, carb intake has nothing to do with it; unless of course your carb intake is putting you in a surplus.

Nope. That's an assumption. You are are making assumptions on how people lose weight and what they have to do.

Not really. Man I am getting bored of repeating myself here. For the final time, pay attention, are you ready?

And at the same time have made statements about everyone in general needing to not eat sweets on a regular basis if they want to drop the fat they want but at the same time there have been people in this thread alone that said they do eat it in a regular basis and hit their goals but yet you ignore that fact.

No, just not advocating including sweets in a diet. As an odd treat yeah. As part of a lifestyle and diet no. Have you ever seen any serious training guide suggest sweets as part of a daily diet? I haven't.

But each to their own.

strange I eat ice cream every day and my blood work is nearly perfect and I am about 12-15% body fat…

how did that happen???

Haha good for you! Doubt you know what 12% body fat looks like! Think what you want, eat what you want. Sweets have little to no nutritional value.

They nourish my soul. That's good enough for me. I'll enjoy every chocolate chip in my yogurt tonight.

Nice try at an ad hom on him. You should have looked at his profile before your epic fail.

I wasn't talking about Mr27. Read the thread properly before you start down the smart ads route. What were you saying about fails? Pahaha.
    Yeah it's fairly obvious that someone made a weak attempt at criticizing some people on this forum and is now making an even worse attempt at skating out of it.

Stick around kid, you can learn a few things from us members that don't know how to eat properly.

I know you weren't talking about MrM. Look at NJD's profile. He has pics without his shirt. Epic fail if you're trying to gauge his bodyfat.

• MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options

And sort'a delicious
    (Looks sheepish)

I took a photo of one at the Hershey in Niagara Falls and used it as my home screen for years. If I could have figured out how to migrate it to my iPhone, I'd probably still be using it.

(looks not at all sheepish)
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »

And sort'a delicious
    (Looks sheepish)
    I guess I'll count myself lucky to be the rare person that feels chocolate and peanut butter together is gross.

SHUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNN him.

I prefer dark chocolate if I want chocolate and peanut butter. It makes me sad that Trader Joe's dark chocolate peanut butter cups are cross contaminated with gluten.

I just buy their dark chocolate and dip it in peanut butter if I want the combo. This will be happening during vacation.

• senecarr
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »

And sort'a delicious
    (Looks sheepish)

SHUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNN him.

I prefer dark chocolate if I want chocolate and peanut butter. It makes me sad that Trader Joe's dark chocolate peanut butter cups are cross contaminated with gluten.

I just buy their dark chocolate and dip it in peanut butter if I want the combo. This will be happening during vacation.
    Of all the places... Oh Joe, I expect you to at least get your woo (and yes, I've seen you are actual celiac so it isn't woo to you) right and keep gluten out of your super food.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

But each to their own.

how did that happen???

I know you weren't talking about MrM. Look at NJD's profile. He has pics without his shirt. Epic fail if you're trying to gauge his bodyfat.

I'm done with pinky …

but my profile picture is post bulk and no way I was 14% body fat in that pic..more like 16 to 17%…but I am pretty sure I said post bulk I was sub 15….

just for general information …