Ladies - - Does she look bulky?

Options

Replies

• Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    She looks very lean and cut, not bulky. Bulky to me is muscular with a solid layer of fat on top, with little definition, but clear strength and shape.
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I'll answer now. She is ok if she was younger. A bit too much muscle but then if she is happy, she's happy. Money can buy you anything these days. This is real, achieved by hard work and training:
    lqklsp2afl6r.jpg
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    Now i'm in.
    ;)
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    jorinya wrote: »
    Emilia777 wrote: »
    She is old and wants to look like a 21 year old.

Can you explain what you mean by that?

I don't need to explain if you don't know her story google it. @yopeeps025, na wah oo. E dey craz ooo.

I have no idea what story you’re even talking about, so I can’t exactly goggle “Madonna’s story” and expect relevant results. And it’s true that you don’t “need” to explain it, but I would’ve appreciated it.

I also don’t understand what you mean by the photo you posted to represent something "achieved by hard work and training”. It would be really nice if you clarified. But of course you don’t “need” to.
    Ladies: How about we stop posting pictures of other women's bodies and inviting women to tear each other apart?

No one has the right to judge someone else's body. I don't care if said person is a celebrity.

I think you’re missing the point. This isn’t about tearing each other apart or “judging” someone’s body. This is about quantifying interpretations of “bulky” women to achieve a better understanding of what most people view that as.
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I'll answer now. She is ok if she was younger. A bit too much muscle but then if she is happy, she's happy. Money can buy you anything these days. This is real, achieved by hard work and training:
    Why is it okay for "younger" people to look and feel their best as opposed to older people? What's wrong with a woman in her early 50's (not old at all) to want to look fit?
  • jorinya
    Options
    @Emilia777, google who the pic is. As for explanation, read my other post.
  • Emilia777
    edited June 2015
    Options
    How can I google a photo????

And are you implying that Madonna bought her muscles, and they weren’t obtained through hard work and training? And that only people in their 20s should have muscles?

Edit: Did some detective work using the photo URL and learned that she is Katie Taylor, an Irish boxer. Your point is still not clear though. She’s 28, so it’s ok that she has muscles? :neutral:
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I can't fathom how that would be considered bulky. Bulky has a definition after all and she does not fit it. Too defined for some tastes? Maybe. Too low of BF? Maybe.

I am willing to bet that her arms are smaller than 95% of anyone who would call her "bulky".
  • jorinya
    Options
    @JSurita2, read the end of my sentence. I'm not saying its not okay for older women to be toned. I am entitled to my own opinion and so are you. There is nothing wrong with any woman looking her best, young, middle aged or old. However celebrities pay big money to look the way they do. Mostly through going under the knife.
    @Emilia777, the pic is of Katie Taylor who is Irish, European, World and Olympic Champion in 60kg (Boxing).
  • MOMOEATER
    MOMOEATER Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    If she was not flexing, I would say this is bulky...
    9628255.jpg?293

• mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options

I don't need to explain if you don't know her story google it. @yopeeps025, na wah oo. E dey craz ooo.

I have no idea what story you’re even talking about, so I can’t exactly goggle “Madonna’s story” and expect relevant results. And it’s true that you don’t “need” to explain it, but I would’ve appreciated it.

I also don’t understand what you mean by the photo you posted to represent something "achieved by hard work and training”. It would be really nice if you clarified. But of course you don’t “need” to.
    Ladies: How about we stop posting pictures of other women's bodies and inviting women to tear each other apart?

No one has the right to judge someone else's body. I don't care if said person is a celebrity.

I think you’re missing the point. This isn’t about tearing each other apart or “judging” someone’s body. This is about quantifying interpretations of “bulky” women to achieve a better understanding of what most people view that as.

Yeah, cause that is what I'm seeing posted. (Sarcasm). No one tearing her body apart on this thread. Got it.
  • Emilia777
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @JSurita2, read the end of my sentence. I'm not saying its not okay for older women to be toned. I am entitled to my own opinion and so are you. There is nothing wrong with any woman looking her best, young, middle aged or old. However celebrities pay big money to look the way they do. Mostly through going under the knife.
    @Emilia777, the pic is of Katie Taylor who is Irish, European, World and Olympic Champion in 60kg (Boxing).

Thank you for clarifying. So what you take issue is with obtaining a specific appearance through surgery and the like? I don’t think you can pay for that: liposuction usually targets specific areas, and the only way you can built muscle mass is by working your muscles. Unless, of course, I’m missing some breakthroughs…
    Yeah, cause that is what I'm seeing posted. (Sarcasm). No one tearing her body apart on this thread. Got it.

I thought people were simply expressing their opinions on how they would define her look. Not to mention that a lot of responses are positive and show admiration.

• Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I guess I miss the point because to me this is an excuse to tear Madonna apart
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options

Well you did say "ok if she were younger" which implies its not okay for an older woman. As far as going under the knife, it's their money, they can use it as they choose. If I had it, I'd get rid of all my fat in a NY minute.
  • jorinya
    Options
    Thank you, I'm not tearing her body apart. I just am not a Madonna fan, plain and simple, now if it was Gwen Stephanie, that would be a different story. You are the owner of your body and what you do to it is your business. Some will like it, some won't but at the end of the day what counts is how you feel about yourself.

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

One person called her old. That's about the worst thing anyone said. I have seen literally 0 tearing of her body. Lean and Bulk aren't negative terms...
  • baby_firefly_666
    baby_firefly_666 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Fit and muscular, definitely not bulky!
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    She looks sexy and lean!!!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

I only asked for is she bulky. I have no control of how people answer the question that is a simple yes or no answer.

• mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options

Thank you for clarifying. So what you take issue is with obtaining a specific appearance through surgery and the like? I don’t think you can pay for that: liposuction usually targets specific areas, and the only way you can built muscle mass is by working your muscles. Unless, of course, I’m missing some breakthroughs…

I thought people were simply expressing their opinions on how they would define her look. Not to mention that a lot of responses are positive and show admiration.

The point is: You don't have a right to an opinion on someone else's body if they have not asked you for it. Good or bad.