Ladies - - Does she look bulky?

Options

Replies

• jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    Well you did say "ok if she were younger" which implies its not okay for an older woman. As far as going under the knife, it's their money, they can use it as they choose. If I had it, I'd get rid of all my fat in a NY minute.

That's your opinion about what I said. I know what I meant. If you don't like it......tough. I never said its not ok for older women to look their best.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Emilia777 wrote: »
    jorinya wrote: »
    She is old and wants to look like a 21 year old.

Can you explain what you mean by that?

I don't need to explain if you don't know her story google it. @yopeeps025, na wah oo. E dey craz ooo.

I have no idea what story you’re even talking about, so I can’t exactly goggle “Madonna’s story” and expect relevant results. And it’s true that you don’t “need” to explain it, but I would’ve appreciated it.

I also don’t understand what you mean by the photo you posted to represent something "achieved by hard work and training”. It would be really nice if you clarified. But of course you don’t “need” to.
    Ladies: How about we stop posting pictures of other women's bodies and inviting women to tear each other apart?

No one has the right to judge someone else's body. I don't care if said person is a celebrity.

I think you’re missing the point. This isn’t about tearing each other apart or “judging” someone’s body. This is about quantifying interpretations of “bulky” women to achieve a better understanding of what most people view that as.

Yeah, cause that is what I'm seeing posted. (Sarcasm). No one tearing her body apart on this thread. Got it.

One person called her old. That's about the worst thing anyone said. I have seen literally 0 tearing of her body. Lean and Bulk aren't negative terms...
    I said she was unattractive

:unamused:
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    has me thinking of john stewarts comment from last nights show. comparative *&#Sability. we want to give a woman a compliment, we just want to make sure another one gets taken down a peg in the process.
  • jkwolly
    Options
    @JSurita2, read the end of my sentence. I'm not saying its not okay for older women to be toned. I am entitled to my own opinion and so are you. There is nothing wrong with any woman looking her best, young, middle aged or old. However celebrities pay big money to look the way they do. Mostly through going under the knife.
    @Emilia777, the pic is of Katie Taylor who is Irish, European, World and Olympic Champion in 60kg (Boxing).

Thank you for clarifying. So what you take issue is with obtaining a specific appearance through surgery and the like? I don’t think you can pay for that: liposuction usually targets specific areas, and the only way you can built muscle mass is by working your muscles. Unless, of course, I’m missing some breakthroughs…
    Yeah, cause that is what I'm seeing posted. (Sarcasm). No one tearing her body apart on this thread. Got it.

I thought people were simply expressing their opinions on how they would define her look. Not to mention that a lot of responses are positive and show admiration.

The point is: You don't have a right to an opinion on someone else's body if they have not asked you for it. Good or bad.
    Public figure
    Public forum

Opinions are going to flow.

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    I'll answer now. She is ok if she was younger.
    You are the owner of your body and what you do to it is your business. Some will like it, some won't but at the end of the day what counts is how you feel about yourself.
    Let's see if I got this correctly...

Older people, who are least older than 21, shouldn't what? Lift? Because if they do, they are what? "Trying to look younger," yet they "are the owners of their body."

Well, that clears that up. :D:p
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

I don't need to explain if you don't know her story google it. @yopeeps025, na wah oo. E dey craz ooo.

What does her story have to do with answering my OP?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »

I have no idea what story you’re even talking about, so I can’t exactly goggle “Madonna’s story” and expect relevant results. And it’s true that you don’t “need” to explain it, but I would’ve appreciated it.

I also don’t understand what you mean by the photo you posted to represent something "achieved by hard work and training”. It would be really nice if you clarified. But of course you don’t “need” to.
    Ladies: How about we stop posting pictures of other women's bodies and inviting women to tear each other apart?

No one has the right to judge someone else's body. I don't care if said person is a celebrity.

I think you’re missing the point. This isn’t about tearing each other apart or “judging” someone’s body. This is about quantifying interpretations of “bulky” women to achieve a better understanding of what most people view that as.

One person called her old. That's about the worst thing anyone said. I have seen literally 0 tearing of her body. Lean and Bulk aren't negative terms...

I know. I just figured that was some weird woman jealousy thing so I let it slide.

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options

5mnhuim8m6kh.gif
  • jorinya
    Options
    @jkwolly, careful, you will get it now. You will be told you tearing her apart or judging her.
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    Well you did say "ok if she were younger" which implies its not okay for an older woman. As far as going under the knife, it's their money, they can use it as they choose. If I had it, I'd get rid of all my fat in a NY minute.

That's your opinion about what I said. I know what I meant. If you don't like it......tough. I never said its not ok for older women to look their best.

No it was clearly implied by your post, not my opinion at all.
    Thank you, I'm not tearing her body apart. I just am not a Madonna fan, plain and simple, now if it was Gwen Stephanie, that would be a different story. You are the owner of your body and what you do to it is your business. Some will like it, some won't but at the end of the day what counts is how you feel about yourself.

And okay, I see your criteria for judging people now.
    Are they old?
    Am I a fan of them?

Gotcha...
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    You are the owner of your body and what you do to it is your business. Some will like it, some won't but at the end of the day what counts is how you feel about yourself.

Older people, who are least older than 21, shouldn't what? Lift? Because if they do, they are what? "Trying to look younger," yet they "are the owners of their body."

You can't make this stuff up ^^^
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @JSurita2, read the end of my sentence. I'm not saying its not okay for older women to be toned. I am entitled to my own opinion and so are you. There is nothing wrong with any woman looking her best, young, middle aged or old. However celebrities pay big money to look the way they do. Mostly through going under the knife.
    @Emilia777, the pic is of Katie Taylor who is Irish, European, World and Olympic Champion in 60kg (Boxing).

Thank you for clarifying. So what you take issue is with obtaining a specific appearance through surgery and the like? I don’t think you can pay for that: liposuction usually targets specific areas, and the only way you can built muscle mass is by working your muscles. Unless, of course, I’m missing some breakthroughs…

I thought people were simply expressing their opinions on how they would define her look. Not to mention that a lot of responses are positive and show admiration.

The point is: You don't have a right to an opinion on someone else's body if they have not asked you for it. Good or bad.
    Public figure
    Public forum

Opinions are going to flow.

I would agree. People are entitled to having opinions on a vast variety of things, including this. Just like you have an opinion that people shouldn’t express opinions about other people’s bodies.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Gwen Stefani

FIFY
  • jorinya
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

What does her story have to do with answering my OP?

Talk about turning on one of your own. Hmmmm. Nice
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »

5mnhuim8m6kh.gif

THIS made coming back to this thread totally worth it.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options

^^THIS!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Her body looks great but homegirl needs to fix dem roots.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Its pretty apparent when someone goes into duck and cover mode and backpedals because they know the dumb they created.
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options

Its pretty apparent when someone goes into duck and cover mode and backpedals because they know the dumb they created.

Totally!
  • jkwolly
    Options

I know. I just figured that was some weird woman jealousy thing so I let it slide.

L O L

:kissing_closed_eyes: