• MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    spncrowleyletmetellyouaboutmyfeels_zpsf2137a31.gif
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    jorinya wrote: »
    Actually I'm laughing. This is making me feel way better.

What are you? Some kind of grief vampire?

No, i think you are looking in the mirror and getting confused.

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options

tu quoque! Keep them coming!
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options

Sure it is.
  • jorinya
    Options

If you want, but you can't handle what I can dish out, lol.

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options

its hard being different isnt it
    so many sh1tlords to slay and not enough time
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Emilia777 wrote: »
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    ColdPlum wrote: »
    Meh, I don't see the value in setting up a post to judge a woman's (or anyone's) appearance. I hope that she has an appreciation for her body, just as I have an appreciation for mine, even though she and I and everyone else looks different.

The point was so people don't use wrong terminology to explain why they don't lift weights a certain way.

I agree that there is little value in judging the body of someone else. Bulky is a subjective term. What's not bulky to you might be bulky to someone else. Like skinny, fat, big, tall, short, etc. Your post won't change that.

Both the fitness industry and the English dictionary do have definitions for terms like bulky and muscular. As such, it is in fact possible to use them incorrectly, which can lead to confusion.

As discussed in this thread by @ninerbuff:
    bulk·y (blk)
    adj. bulk·i·er, bulk·i·est
    1. Having considerable bulk; massive.
    2. Of large size for its weight: a bulky knit.
    3. Clumsy to manage; unwieldy.

mus·cu·lar (msky-lr)
    adj.
    1. Of, relating to, or consisting of muscle: muscular contraction.
    2. Having well-developed muscles: a muscular build.
    3. Having or suggesting great forcefulness, especially at the expense of subtlety: muscular reasoning that does not bother with the finer points; muscular advocacy groups.

Then again, I suppose people can view any amount of lean mass as “bulky”, and there isn’t much you can do about that…

Exactly. The dictionary has entries for fat, skinny, short, tall, etc. Some would consider 5'8" is tall, others would not. Some would consider it tall for a women and short for a man. Others would disagree.

"considerable bulk" "Large size for its weight" In comparison to what? These are relative terms.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    She won't marry you so cry my friend cry. Lol

post-35236-I-dont-get-it-gif-Jonah-Hill-I-wgZR.gif
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options

If you want, but you can't handle what I can dish out, lol.
    A stunning riposte. Oh how will I recover? How.
  • jorinya
    edited June 2015
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »

its hard being different isnt it
    so many sh1tlords to slay and not enough time

I've always been different because of my background. Growing up was tough but I got through it. Now I've learned to use my difference to my advantage and help others do the same. I've always had people picking on my because of my beliefs, my values and my opinions so this isn't anything new. It actually is helping me a lot because right now I'm sitting here as ill as can be and doctors are puzzled at why I'm so ill. A good debate like this is actually proof to me that I'm still alive. Thanks guys for that.
    Enough of derailing the thread.
    If Madonna is happy then good for her. She is Madonna and I am me. We all have a right to be our best, our healthiest and bulky, lean, fat, thin, whatever names people place on us. If we are happy with ourselves then that is the best thing in the world. Peoples opinion of you doesn't change the fact you are you and you are the perfect you. No one else can be you, even if they pay big money to look like you, they can never be better at being you than you.
    You guys rock!

• westcoastgrl21
    westcoastgrl21 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I love this look on a woman, I strive for upper-body definition and mass myself. I don't know if it's "bulky", that's not a term I really use. I know that this look is "too much" muscle for many people's taste. But who cares? I love it!!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I love Madonna. Although that *kitten* where she kissed Drake was just weird.
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    @JSurita2, read the end of my sentence. I'm not saying its not okay for older women to be toned. I am entitled to my own opinion and so are you. There is nothing wrong with any woman looking her best, young, middle aged or old. However celebrities pay big money to look the way they do. Mostly through going under the knife.
    @Emilia777, the pic is of Katie Taylor who is Irish, European, World and Olympic Champion in 60kg (Boxing).

Thank you for clarifying. So what you take issue is with obtaining a specific appearance through surgery and the like? I don’t think you can pay for that: liposuction usually targets specific areas, and the only way you can built muscle mass is by working your muscles. Unless, of course, I’m missing some breakthroughs…
    Yeah, cause that is what I'm seeing posted. (Sarcasm). No one tearing her body apart on this thread. Got it.

I thought people were simply expressing their opinions on how they would define her look. Not to mention that a lot of responses are positive and show admiration.

The point is: You don't have a right to an opinion on someone else's body if they have not asked you for it. Good or bad.

Of COURSE you have a right to an opinion on someone else's body. WTF. You just should have the good grace not to express it in any way. Semantics I hope. . .
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    She is old and wants to look like a 21 year old.

Can you explain what you mean by that?

I don't need to explain if you don't know her story google it. @yopeeps025, na wah oo. E dey craz ooo.

What does her story have to do with answering my OP?

Talk about turning on one of your own. Hmmmm. Nice

What did you mean by this??
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I think all this arguing over terminology misses the point. Some women who say they don't want to lift heavy for fear of getting bulky are talking about this look that Madonna has. Whether you agree with their terminolgy is fairly irrelevant. The point is, they don't want to look like that.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I think all this arguing over terminology misses the point. Some women who say they don't want to lift heavy for fear of getting bulky are talking about this look that Madonna has. Whether you agree with their terminolgy is fairly irrelevant. The point is, they don't want to look like that.

...and they never will. It takes hard work. It's not like Madonna just lifts a few days a week and this accidentally happens.

I don't care if women don't want to look like Madonna or any other woman. But to think that it's so easy to look like that--that you can achieve it with minimal effort at the gym and it's somehow an inevitable conclusion--is borderline offensive.
  • jorinya
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »

...and they never will. It takes hard work. It's not like Madonna just lifts a few days a week and this accidentally happens.

I don't care if women don't want to look like Madonna or any other woman. But to think that it's so easy to look like that--that you can achieve it with minimal effort at the gym and it's somehow an inevitable conclusion--is borderline offensive.

So now you are saying that a "normal" woman can never have an "extraordinary" body? No one is offending anyone so I don't see how you are taking offense to that. If a woman wants to lift, she has that right, if she doesn't want to lift she also has that right. Hard word, dedication, focus, determination and resolve can achieve even the impossible. How you want to look is entirely up to you and no one can tell you that you cannot achieve what you want to achieve.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Gabrielm80 wrote: »
    I guess I miss the point because to me this is an excuse to tear Madonna apart

Nope not at all. It was a simple question of if she is bulky. I am not tearing down anything she accomplished.

• kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    She is my same age and is in great shape. I don't think she is bulky at all and wish I was in half as good physical shape as she is.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    She's lean, not bulky. Would love to have arms like that.