Anyone doing Thursday weigh in?

Options

Replies

• LisaKC
    LisaKC Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Three of the four pounds are already gone, so I'm sure it's sodium.:drinker: My husband said his weight was up even more than mine, and his is getting back to normal, too. Wish restaurants didn't put so much salt in their food. :angry:
  • Annabelle_M
    Options
    Hey everyone!! So sorry I've been missing so much on here!!! Life has thrown some curve balls my way but I'm ready to deal with them. The good news is that I'm maintaining and not gaining! However after the 6 hour hike today I hope to lose some this week!!

Welcome to all of the new members, I wish you lots of success in your weight loss journey! And to Hova this is a group open to anyone!! Welcome!!

You are all doing so well and I'm very happy to read about so many losses!! Keep it up! I'll will try to get on more often!!
  • rachel2011
    Options
    Can anyone help please?!!!!
    MFP gave me a target loss of 6lb by the 28th Sept and I've just realised I lost exactly 6lb by the 28th September so I'm happy with that!
    My question is - I want to get a new target now but have no idea how to, any ideas please?!!
    Thanks
  • pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Helloo everyone,
    I've been on this for almost a month now (doing Thursday weigh ins!) but my motivations starting to fade away! ... Can I join your group? :smile:
    I weigh myself everyday just to see if the general trend is up or down (I don't log it), but it seems like I'm going to gain this week which is pretty upsetting :grumble: ... so I decided to join this thread rather than munch my way through the amazing looking apple crumbles downstairs that my mum bought.
    Hope everyone does well on Thursday!
  • katzpawz
    katzpawz Posts: 754
    Options
    Just weighed in and I'm down pound from last week!! Woo whoo! That makes the total 19 pounds so far since January. I had hoped to shed more than that by this time, but I have to remember that with a foot injury that required surgery, my exercise has had to go on hold. I can now walk about a mile, but still not very fast.

Here's wishing everyone a good week!

katzpawz:happy:
  • katzpawz
    Options
    Helloo everyone,
    I've been on this for almost a month now (doing Thursday weigh ins!) but my motivations starting to fade away! ... Can I join your group? :smile:
    I weigh myself everyday just to see if the general trend is up or down (I don't log it), but it seems like I'm going to gain this week which is pretty upsetting :grumble: ... so I decided to join this thread rather than munch my way through the amazing looking apple crumbles downstairs that my mum bought.
    Hope everyone does well on Thursday!

Welcome to the group!

I've done exactly the same thing you're doing about weighing daily. Personally, I finally came to the conclusion that I was driving myself mad and starting to obsess over it. Someone suggested that stop weighing every day, and put more energy into tracking my food intake and exercise. I've been doing that for a while now, and it seems to be making a difference. In fact, I had continued to weigh myself twice a week, but recently I changed to just once.

It is true that our weight can fluctuate by a few pounds during the course of a week. I also have some mild problems with fluid retention which will also impact my weight by a up to a few pounds. So, since I've stopped torturing myself by worrying so much about what the scales say, I seem to be making better progress.

I hope this is helpful. Again, welcome to the group and have a good week!
  • LisaKC
    Options
    Good news - The 4 (sodium OD) pounds that found me last week are gone. AND I lost 1.5 pounds this week, too. So my total weight loss is now 13.5 pounds. Good luck to all you losers out there! :wink:

@rachel, not sure how to solve your problem. Try checking one of the help message boards, and you may find what you're looking for. Sorry I can't be of more help.
  • Hova1914
    Hova1914 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i was a little nervous about this week's weigh in, but it turned out pretty good.

SW: 207.0
    LW: 191.8
    CW: 188.2
    GW: 170.0

so 3.6 pounds lost since last week's weigh in, 18.8 total pounds lost and 18.2 pounds to go. even met my second mini goal and upped the miles i run 2 miles from last week. all in all a good week
  • kkvon
    kkvon Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am new to this post but love the idea of a weekly weigh in. Just to give a little about me. I am a former athlete who without a purpose (getting bigger fast and stronger for the sport) find it difficult to eat clean and work out on a regular routine. I believe this will be great group for me...accoutablity is a great motivator.

SW: 270
    GW: 245
    CW: 270
    Short term goal 260
  • kkvon
    Options
    :smile: Rachael,
  • kkvon
    Options
    Rachael, If you want a new target just go into your goals and make changes to you goal weight. The software will recalculate a target for you based off of what you select for your goal of maintaining, losing 1 lb a week etc. Hope this helps.
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Same as last week 132.2. This week will be the big test as it is our Thanksgiving. Good luck everyone.
  • LisaKC
    Options
    Ok, my Thursday peeps, I am leaving you. The Thursday weigh in isn't working out well for me. When I have a good weigh in, I tend to throw caution to the wind for the entire weekend! I'm going to try a Sunday weigh in, in the hopes that it keeps me honest on Friday and Saturday nights. I have no idea if this will work, but I'm going to try it. I may be back! However it works out, please know how much I appreciate your support and encouragement. Have a happy day, and I hope everyone has a great weigh in tomorrow. :heart:
  • katzpawz
    Options
    Ok, no change on the scale from last week, but my clothes seem to be fitting a bit looser. I finally got around to taking my measurements today, so I'll be able to track that as well.

I hope everyone is having a good week!
  • kkvon
    Options
    Down 1lb this week..not to happy about it but it is something..to Quote Dory (saving Nemo) "Just keep swimming"

SW: 270
    GW: 245
    CW: 269
    Short term goal 260
  • Hova1914
    Hova1914 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    here are my results:
    SW: 207.0
    LW: 188.2
    CW: 188.4 :-(
    GW: 170.0
    so 0.2 pounds GAINED since last week's weigh in, 18.6 total pounds lost and 18.4 pounds to go.

This week was very disappointing for me. it's the first time i've gained weight since i started using mfp. my fiancee thinks i'm crazy and obsessing because:
    1: it's ONLY 0.2 pounds! (is what she yelled at me *lol*)
    2: all other indications say i'm losing weight. the tape measure says i'm down 1/4 of an inch in the neck & waist since last week
    3: i started eating progresso light soups because they're filling and low in calories, but they are HIGH in sodium (1200mg/can). she says that if you consume a lot of sodium it leads to water retention which leads to inaccurate weight gain.
    4: muscle weighs more than fat, so she says that could just be the results of my excercise and toning up

what she says makes sense, but that still doesn't stop me from being disappointed. i work HARD on losing weight & sticking to my calorie limits and thursday's results are my reward/motivation. i was actually DREADING coming on here and telling you guys my results (the accountability factor on this site seems to really work for me). plus i was hoping to meet my mini-goal of 187 this week. anyways, needless to say i've started to pay A LOT more attention to my sodium intake, reduced the number of light soups i eat a day and went back to cooking my own meals (which is hard sometimes when you work and are busy, but hey, you gotta do what u gotta do to get the results you want). i've also opened up my food diary so it is viewable by my friends to add a little more accountability. we'll see how all of that works out for me. but in the meantime in-between time: saaaad paaaanda :-(
  • sapphireeyze
    Options
    I do Thursday am weigh in......count me in :)
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    current weight 132.0 a loss of 0.2 pounds, which is good as it was our Thanksgiving Weekend.
  • katzpawz
    Options
    OK, after being pretty consistent with staying on my meal plan, and getting in as much walking as my foot will allow, I was pretty disappointed yesterday when I weighed in and had not lost any weight from last week. I decided to weigh again today, mainly because my clothing is fitting so loosely. So, I was down another pound! It occurred to me that I seemed to be in the bathroom a lot yesterday, I just had to pee all day long. That tells me I'm dealing with a bit of fluid weight; back to the dandelion tea in the mornings.

I hope everyone is having a great week!
  • rachel2011
    Options
    Hova, your girlfriend is completely right! - if you're seeing changes to the tape measure that's a much better guage of how you're doing. Muscle is much more dense than fat so does weigh more. Don't loose heart! I feel the same about the accountabilitity factor - really helps me knowing that I'll be recording what I've been up to! Good luck!