What's Been Cut Out Of Your Lifestyle??

Options
Hey guys I would like to know what has been some small but BIG changes that you cut out of your diet that you think has helped you???

I know for me it has been not eating bread everyday
No more candy
Water and ZERO soda
Eating the important food groups like veggies and meat and fruit
No more granola bars or fruit snacks

Replies

• dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Diet Soda for the most part (I have one at a restaurant & every once in awhile I'll have one)
    Pasta (I have Spaghetti squash a few times a week now)
    Cake, Pies, and Doughnuts (I still eat ice cream, cookies, & candy that are portioned)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    No more overeating
  • CurlyC28
    CurlyC28 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    sodas
    chocolate bar (snickers, hersheys,etc.)
    Ben & Jerrys (its too hard to not eat the entire pint so I stopped buying)
    Fruit Juices ( too high in sugar)
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I've cut out the notion that I need to cut things out of my diet.
  • Mercedespony
    Mercedespony Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Starbucks Grande Tazo Chai Latte x2/day - gone.
    Annnd I'm going to save about $350/month.
  • kts3639
    kts3639 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I've cut out the notion that I need to cut things out of my diet.

Same :smile:
  • MsStang02
    MsStang02 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Sodas and sweet tea.
  • thisdamselflies
    thisdamselflies Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Fried foods, eating outside of mealtimes, and bingeing at meals. I'll re-evaluate the fried foods thing after I've met my goal weight. Everything in moderation -- I'm just not capable of moderating fried foods yet. :)
  • musicmint
    musicmint Posts: 469
    Options
    Diet Soda for the most part (I have one at a restaurant & every once in awhile I'll have one)
    Pasta (I have Spaghetti squash a few times a week now)
    Cake, Pies, and Doughnuts (I still eat ice cream, cookies, & candy that are portioned)

pasta really?
  • dreamingofhealthy
    dreamingofhealthy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I had to lose my starbuck's triple venti White chocolate mocha, with caramel syrup and caramel sauce. I missed them terribly at first! and now I pass a "bucks" and don't even WANT to stop! I consider that one of my finest NSV's so far.

I looked it up once when I first started on MFP and its almost 1200 calories by itself. that was the day I gave them up!
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I no longer use fast food drive-throughs or eat in my car. For compulsive eaters, the drive-through is a way to hide secret overeating. If I eat fast food (rarely), I go in and order and eat it there.

Except for very rare occasions, I do not drink my calories, and I don't drink diet soda.
  • nuemmedigg
    nuemmedigg Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I had to lose my starbuck's triple venti White chocolate mocha, with caramel syrup and caramel sauce. I missed them terribly at first! and now I pass a "bucks" and don't even WANT to stop! I consider that one of my finest NSV's so far.

I looked it up once when I first started on MFP and its almost 1200 calories by itself. that was the day I gave them up!

Once I saw the calorie counts of drinks and pastries at Starbucks, I started to stick to Earl Grey tea ;).
    I gave up cheese danishes, because I could eat 2-3 in one sitting, but enjoy everything else in moderation.
  • dlw1464
    dlw1464 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have stopped eating out for lunch every day, saving money as well so there is the bonus and I don't feel sluggish all afternoon at workl
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Only counter-productive stuff:) Like, not going to the gym, or...not drinking enough water, or...etc
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Being overweight has been cut out of my lifestyle.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I gave up Pixie Sticks. Not because they made me fat, I just don't know where to find them anymore.
  • vickilowell
    vickilowell Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've cut out the idea that I can't have things and tried to focus on fitting treats in weekly within my MFP daily allowances.....cake or champagne or steak or cheese and crackers....just not all on the same day or ALL the time, lol. Treats are what make life joyful some days.
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Definitely cutting out salty snacks. They packed on pounds for me, and I honestly think they were/are unnecessary even if I have a low BP. there's tonsss of other ways to get in salt. Now I just stir in a bit of salt and squeeze a lemon and drink that in water. It's healthy, refreshing, and gives me the salt I need!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I gave up Pixie Sticks. Not because they made me fat, I just don't know where to find them anymore.

Oh, they can be found. My kid loves them.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Being a couch potato...unless it's after a killer workout. I still eatz all the foodz...just less of it.

And, the word "can't" is no longer in my vocabulary.