What's Been Cut Out Of Your Lifestyle??

Options

Replies

• Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Pasta, bread, rice. and wont be going back to it either, i tried a bit of bread last week, it shot out faster of me than a bullet. (sorry my body literally wanted rid of it then their was the cramps just before that)

Safe to say i wont be doing that again.

Most juices
    Flour - cakes etc see above in regards to bread incident

Other than that i have been experimenting with other types of food, never realised i love courgette and aubergine!
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Alcohol
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    anything gluten and dairy - my doc found out I am allergic and that has been causing a lot of my problems. I miss nothing. Almost all alternatives are high fat and/or high calorie so I try to limit them but if I want it, I eat it in moderation :D
  • marise1113
    marise1113 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Definitely portion sizes
  • siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I've cut out the notion that I need to cut things out of my diet.

Same :smile:

I'm with these folks.
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I have cut out chocolates, snack bars, crisps and sweets. high calorie sauces, red meat, fizzy drinks, coffee and deserts.
  • tinylittlelove
    tinylittlelove Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Caffeine :sad:
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Not a damn thing!
    :drinker: :smokin:
  • ws0606
    ws0606 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree with you, this time, if I want it I eat it. I just do it better the next day and I don't keep doing it.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

this
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Diet Soda for the most part (I have one at a restaurant & every once in awhile I'll have one)
    Pasta (I have Spaghetti squash a few times a week now)
    Cake, Pies, and Doughnuts (I still eat ice cream, cookies, & candy that are portioned)

pasta really?

Really! I eat noodles and I'm bloated and uncomfortable for days.

But I could really go for a donut.
  • PhilipHall
    PhilipHall Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Drinking large quantities of beer several nights a week.
  • Sweetmochaa
    Options
    I cut out all meat with the exception of fish once a week. No sugar, soda, dairy, breads or anything like that. I have been doing a plant based diet.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    i've cut out the need to add sugar - except for baking.
    also, no added salt on my plate. no eating something just so noone else can have it first.... kibble envy was my greatest downfall.

my husband and i have really worked on portion sizes, and it's made a big difference. you don't eat what you don't cook (or buy) and you can always fill up on veggies.
  • nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    mayo, cut way down on the soda might have 4-8 Oz on the weekend but that's all. I eat anything else I just watch my portions.
  • Lunnunis
    Lunnunis Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've cut out the idea that I can't have things and tried to focus on fitting treats in weekly within my MFP daily allowances.....cake or champagne or steak or cheese and crackers....just not all on the same day or ALL the time, lol. Treats are what make life joyful some days.

I often wish MFP had a 'like' button. There are so many posts on this thread that I would like if I could. This is just one. I so agree.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Diet Soda for the most part (I have one at a restaurant & every once in awhile I'll have one)
    Pasta (I have Spaghetti squash a few times a week now)
    Cake, Pies, and Doughnuts (I still eat ice cream, cookies, & candy that are portioned)

pasta really?

Really! I eat noodles and I'm bloated and uncomfortable for days.

But I could really go for a donut.

yeah bread and pasta gets me too. I didn't know about it before until I tried gluten free for a few weeks and went back to eating it; instant cramps, bloating, horrible bathroom visits etc!! I would recommend anyone to 'test' themselves to see. Oats do the same - in fact, they get me worst! I never felt full from them in the first place other than instant bloating but hunger pains. Last time I had them I got the sweats, vomited twice and fainted (home-made protein bar FAIL)

that being said, I do still have cake ;) who can not have cake?! and CHOCOLATE almost every day.

I have my parents to thank for making me a vegetable addict since I was a rugrat, I can't deal without having salads.

things I cut out - bread, pasta, oats, creamy sauces, dressings (home made with balsamic vinegar, ginger, mustard seed, lemon, basil, garlic... a nice mix of whatever I feel like!). I generally don't have 'carby' food on weekdays like rice or sweet potatoes, and leave that for the weekend when I go dining out :) I will have small crackers sometimes and can get away with it (half the time), but generally I am strict about avoiding gluten.

things I cut down - alcohol, coffee (once a week at most now), drinking calories in sports drinks/flavoured drinks, biscuit/chocolate binges! I never realised how hard it is for people to accept that I don't want to drink. It's like there is something wrong with me - I am a 21year old female so should be getting trashed and vomiting everywhere on the weekend or something? I'd rather drink some French wine with chocolate cake and cheese on a fat day instead ;)

I never liked soft drinks (soda in the US?) and would have it as a mixer with alcohol sometimes, but to me it tastes disgusting. I have a mean sweet tooth but the processed sugar in fizzy drinks never tasted that good to me. Glad I never had a problem with that! And cereal is soooo sugar laden, always have avoided it.
  • carmentownes
    carmentownes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I dont cut out much but I limit myself as to how much I eat them. But one of the biggest thing I may never eat again is a friggin OREO. I had no idea 1 double stuff oreo was 70 calories. I use to eat like 10 of those in one sitting. I love them but I dont have them in the house because they are tempting and NO GOOD for you. It's kind of a waste of calories. Overall, i still eat what i love.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

This.

That said, I have cut back on a lot of things.
  • JustME1611
    JustME1611 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    fast food for the most part but if i do i make healthier choices.
    being lazy
    soft drinks