Not losing on 1200 calories and exercise

Options
13»

Replies

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    the measuring part is maybe your problem...do weigh ALL your solid food on a food scale.

Here a short video about how wrong you can be with calculating calories when you measure some food.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    duhneece wrote: »
    I'm measuring and weighing to the point I may be making my family mildly insane.

MFP is loaded with people who did that - and still managed to do it incorrectly.

Open your diary.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    duhneece wrote: »
    I jog a 12 min mile each day...

In one of your other comments you mentioned eating back (I think) half the burn calories. A one mile run at your weight is only ~85 calories - how much exactly are you eating back?

• honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you to gain the weight in the first place? I am guessing more than a week. It'll take more than a week for it to come off. I wish people would stop asking these kinds of questions after a week. Give it time and after 6 weeks or so, reevaluate.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I'll just post this here, with thanks to @lemonlionheart

t6xq79lo6px0.jpg

PLEASE can we make this a sticky!

haha this is brilliant!
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »
    You are pretty small of stature, so unfortunately 1200 might be close to maintenance for you. Have you considered adding more exercise? A 1-mile jog burns ~100 calories--consider upping your mileage, even if it means walking.

And be patient--you don't have a lot of weight to lose so it's probably going to take some time.

1610 according to scobbyworkshop is her tdee.

• juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you to gain the weight in the first place? I am guessing more than a week. It'll take more than a week for it to come off. I wish people would stop asking these kinds of questions after a week. Give it time and after 6 weeks or so, reevaluate.

Yes yes. This.
    Patience, Grasshoper.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    why are you going low fat? Fat is so important for good health.
    It doesn't make you fat, please don't deprive yourself of it!
    Extra calories, from any source, make you fat.

It's easier to go overboard on fats, because they're such concentrated calorie sources.
    So consciously trying to eat less fat means (most likely) taking in fewer calories.

Also, having 100 cal of olive oil is very easy, but spending those calories on less dense foods
    such as vegetables gives much greater volume & weight, which leads to feeling full, which leads
    to eating less.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    fatfree wrote:
    You lose weight the same way the average Joe does - a calorie deficit.
    No she doesn't.
    Are you saying that _you_ can lose weight at a calorie surplus, or even maintenance?
    (Hint: maintenance means that you're _maintaining_ weight.)
    You need to be written up in a medical journal.

If you eat less than your body needs to run, it will pull the deficit energy from available sources.
    It prefers carbs (glucose, then glycogen), then it uses fat, and as a distant third it uses muscle.
    (It's an inefficient conversion, plus lessens the ability to move to find food, as well as breathe,
    pump blood, run from predators, etc.)
    What the body CANNOT do is pull energy from thin air.
    So as it's burning bits of itself in order to stay alive, mass is being converted to energy (and some
    waste products) and - guess what - YOU LOSE WEIGHT.