Replies

• LionQueen2
    LionQueen2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • misskharris
    misskharris Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I recently started a weight gain journey. I started at 93 pounds on May 19th and now I'm at 108. My goal weight is 115!
  • CeeCeeHyper177
    CeeCeeHyper177 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey everyonen, I'm eighteen years old , will be 19 very soon. Tired of going thruough life with people making fun of my weight. My weight is always jumping back and forth between 100 and 108 for years now. Hoping this chat and app helps brings me motivation and pounds :D (please don't judge because of my age )
  • CeeCeeHyper177
    CeeCeeHyper177 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I thought I was one of the only skinny girl complaining about her weight because theirs some many people dying to be our size lol
  • aishu153
    aishu153 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 23,5 feet 3 inches and just 35kgs! I've been underweight all my life. I am sick and tired of pointing and staring and skinny jokes. It's hard for me to gain weight because a) my metabolism is genetic b) I'm an engineering student and its hard to focus on my health as well as studies. I have to gain at least 10kgs. Anyone on the same journey as me add me :) I could use any motivation I can get :) thank you :)
  • legs180
    legs180 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    HAS415 wrote: »
    Do you accept those of us recovering from ED? If so, can I join? :)
    Twonk2015 wrote: »
    Do you accept those of us recovering from ED? If so, can I join? :)

I'm personally happy to help you on your journey...

same here. Recovering from an eating disorder. I have a serious problem eating during the day. Such a struggle (

Same here! I've been recovering slowly but surely for 2 years now and have managed to put on 16 pounds, but I'm still very underweight and need all the support I can get! I've always been a night eater so I understand your struggle
  • legs180
    legs180 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm only 86 lbs (27 yrs old) and seriously need to gain some weight can't even wear shorts/skirts my legs are toothpicks

My legs are toothpicks too! I'm so self-conscious about them. I desperately want to put weight on before it starts getting warmer here (Oz)
  • Ericalu83
    Ericalu83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've just started using this app to help me gain weight x
  • nicolejeannette923
    nicolejeannette923 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started using this app yesterday to hopefully help me gain weight, I've been trying to gain for years! I've always been thin, but I often just wish there was a little bit more of me, sso that I feel better about myself and maybe I could sit on my but and not feel my bones on the chair lol I am 89 pounds right now and my goal weight is 105. It's nice to know that others have the same struggle I do, especially in a world where it seems everyone is trying to lose weight!
  • kosmonautti
    kosmonautti Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i am also on the gain train !
  • drowninginr
    drowninginr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm gaining too. 119lbs at 5'8, no bueno. I want to get to 125 by 23rd of August but my ultimate goal is 130-135lbs.
  • misskharris
    misskharris Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's hard. People don't understand how hard it is to gain weight when you're not naturally inclined to do so.
  • KeepGood
    KeepGood Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies,

I hope you all can get some gains happening! I just read through this thread and thought I'd share some info as I have been seriously under weight (I feel your pain) for a long time and I'm managing to turn it around.

There is a program that is used in the body building world called 'GOMAD', the acronym is for 'Gallon Of Milk A Day'. A gallon is pretty extreme but overall for anyone who is struggling to get their weight up it can be very handy. Whole milk in general is a great way to get calories (1 pint = 370 calories), it also has a high protein count so it will help on the muscle building side of things if that's the kind of exercise you are doing, it does have quite a lot of sugar and saturated fat so it's not something you would want to keep doing forever. The GOMAD plan is used for rapid weight gain.

Also for anyone who struggles with consuming a lot of food in solid form it's an excellent way to get some liquid calories. It's not done to replace any of the normal diet but to add to it. A small tip though... If having some whole milk to add to your nutrient intake, best to have a glass after a meal, not before or during. It does make you feel full so have your meal first, then when its settling, have a glass of milk. You'll feel kind of bloated for ten minutes or so but the feeling soon wears off.

Good luck and all the best. :smile:
  • vanbowdie
    vanbowdie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love it - count me in!
  • Laviebella
    Laviebella Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes lets do this girl power
  • MJJ260
    MJJ260 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! Just started using mfp this week to help with gains! Totally new to this thought so not sure how to join?