Can you visualize what life will be like after you've reached your goal?

Options
123457»

Replies

• karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    taentea wrote: »
    karyabc wrote: »
    :( wow i seriously should get down my expectation because of some things i've being reading here, not that i think that once i reach my goal weight everything would be rainbows and butterfly but damn i must believe i dont know that maybe some aspect of my life are gonna improve or something..

i would say is that every path of each of us is different, i see many of you who have accomplish their goal weight but in my case my goal weight is like double the amount many of you have lost, i think that losing 150 lbs are gonna have a significant impact in my life, specially when you've being obese your whole life, since day one, i don't have a minimum idea what normal weight/ bmi feels like

things like wearing a bikini for the very first time, the airline seat belt fitting you for the first time, not having to limit your shopping to the plus size department for the first time -_-, men who wouldn't dare to look at you before; asking you out now,not being always the biggest person in the room, that sort of things not everyone have experience it.

ok ok my bad i thought i was gonna find much more exiting answer than the whole oh well "i'm just me" and it's all the same

There are people who want some extra weight gone but don't feel generally unhappy because of it. Some have loved ones, children, nice jobs or lack of need for one and lost weight is really mostly a health and vanity improvement for them. And then there are people like me and you (from the sound of your post) that find the weight to be a terrible obstacle in all areas of our lives. Since it's such a big problem, obviously it being gone will bring a tremendous change. It won't solve all the problems but the change will be very hard not to notice.

yes that was exactly My point and what i was trying To describe in My post, even when it may be justo weight loss for some, for others means so muchos than that.

Btw good luck! And hope this quote thing i got it right cause im not good at it :smiley:
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Oh lord ! sorry for the misspelled , damn autocorrect :neutral:
  • Peachiko87
    Peachiko87 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    I have reached goal...

If anyone thinks losing weight will change these things...eh...not sure they do. If you aren't happy when you are bigger why would you be happier when you lose weight...????

Not trying to be a downer but them's the facts.

But it DOES change your life... o_0 You become healthier, and can do more things, and fit into different clothes. It, of course, makes you look nicer, and feel even better, too.

• heartsstarspll
    heartsstarspll Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    :( wow i seriously should get down my expectation because of some things i've being reading here, not that i think that once i reach my goal weight everything would be rainbows and butterfly but damn i must believe i dont know that maybe some aspect of my life are gonna improve or something..

i would say is that every path of each of us is different, i see many of you who have accomplish their goal weight but in my case my goal weight is like double the amount many of you have lost, i think that losing 150 lbs are gonna have a significant impact in my life, specially when you've being obese your whole life, since day one, i don't have a minimum idea what normal weight/ bmi feels like

things like wearing a bikini for the very first time, the airline seat belt fitting you for the first time, not having to limit your shopping to the plus size department for the first time -_-, men who wouldn't dare to look at you before; asking you out now,not being always the biggest person in the room, that sort of things not everyone have experience it.

ok ok my bad i thought i was gonna find much more exiting answer than the whole oh well "i'm just me" and it's all the same

There are people who want some extra weight gone but don't feel generally unhappy because of it. Some have loved ones, children, nice jobs or lack of need for one and lost weight is really mostly a health and vanity improvement for them. And then there are people like me and you (from the sound of your post) that find the weight to be a terrible obstacle in all areas of our lives. Since it's such a big problem, obviously it being gone will bring a tremendous change. It won't solve all the problems but the change will be very hard not to notice.

100% agree with both of you. I feel the same way!
  • iopasdbnm
    iopasdbnm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't think much will change but as I slowly reach my goal weight I feel better and better
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I spent most of my life at (or smaller than) my current goal, so I know what it will feel like. I've never had any problems (aches, pains, sex, attention, mobility, etc.) with these extra pounds. I will like how I look in my clothes better, and that's about it.
  • Seigla
    Seigla Posts: 172 Member
    Options

Excellent post, I think you're analysis is spot-on! I made a list of categories of people based on your post:

a) people who are overweight and perfectly happy anyways. Losing weight for them doesn't mean much to them, except for some small physical and aesthetic improvements that are nice, but they can live without.
    b) people who are overweight and unhappy because of it. They don't like how they look (only because of the weight) and/or they are having health problems. When they lose these things improve and they become more happy.
    c) people who are overweight and unhappy, but the main reason for their unhappiness (and lack of confidence, lack of success, and other bad things) are not solved by losing weight, the main cause it somewhere else.
    d) people who are not overweight and happy (they lost weight and that solved a big issue for them (b) or they lost weight, but where already happy before doing so (a), or they where never overweight to begin with)
    e) people who are not overweight but unhappy (like c)

I think I am was in the b category, well on my way to d... I am generally happy in life, things are going well, but I really hated being overweight. It bothered me that I looked fat and that I could move slower, and now that I am losing I feel my confidence is increasing gradually; I look better and better in the mirror and my fitness also keeps improving. That means a lot to me. My happiness comes a lot from exercising, I love that activity in so many ways!

Which of these options do you recognize the most (or are you like me somewhere in between, or do you know another option)?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,873 Member
    Options
    Seigla wrote: »
    d) people who are not overweight and happy (they lost weight and that solved a big issue for them (b) or they lost weight, but where already happy before doing so (a), or they where never overweight to begin with)

I think I am was in the b category, well on my way to d... I am generally happy in life, things are going well, but I really hated being overweight. It bothered me that I looked fat and that I could move slower, and now that I am losing I feel my confidence is increasing gradually; I look better and better in the mirror and my fitness also keeps improving. That means a lot to me. My happiness comes a lot from exercising, I love that activity in so many ways!

Which of these options do you recognize the most (or are you like me somewhere in between, or do you know another option)?

This one.

• Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Seigla wrote: »

Excellent post, I think you're analysis is spot-on! I made a list of categories of people based on your post:

a) people who are overweight and perfectly happy anyways. Losing weight for them doesn't mean much to them, except for some small physical and aesthetic improvements that are nice, but they can live without.
    b) people who are overweight and unhappy because of it. They don't like how they look (only because of the weight) and/or they are having health problems. When they lose these things improve and they become more happy.
    c) people who are overweight and unhappy, but the main reason for their unhappiness (and lack of confidence, lack of success, and other bad things) are not solved by losing weight, the main cause it somewhere else.
    e) people who are not overweight but unhappy (like c)

I'm a D. -not overweight anymore and I'm happy. I was a pretty happy person before losing the weight too, but now I'm happy-healthy, because the weight loss corrected a major health issue for me (high glucose number).
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I'm not unhappy about my current weight, but I feel like I'd be more confident if I lost a few pounds. I can't say that my weight stops me from doing/trying anything.

Mostly, I'd like to lose enough weight so that when I sit, my stomach doesn't create rolls. I always feel like I have to sit with perfect posture or suck in my stomach. I'd also like to be lean enough to not have any visible cellulite on my backside.