My 2 year body transformation! (video and photos)

Options

Replies

• meaok
    meaok Posts: 4
    Options
    Just watched the video, awesome job!
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Hey Dave.

Great transformation. I have a question for you if you don't mind.

From viewing your diary, i see you have a lot of carb's. I was wondering if you always had such a carb heavy diet.

I've always heard that you want to cut carbs when trying to cut the remainder of body fat / get dem abs.

Was this specifically for your bulk? Or is this more or less how you've been eating sine the beginning of your transformation?

Or bulk = more carbs, then you cut and reduced your carbs?

You look great man, an inspiration. Keep it up~
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    incredible transformation,
    really inspiring as that's the sort of goal i am aiming for

seriously, well done mate
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    amazing job !!!! that is awesome !! You look great !
  • Bergiere
    Bergiere Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success :)
  • Xia21
    Xia21 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You look like a freaking super hero!! Great job
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Amazing and inspiring, I am only 6th months in and focusing on strength training recent weeks.
    You look incredible!
  • TheSwoleMinister_deleted
    Options
    Hey Dave.

Great transformation. I have a question for you if you don't mind.

From viewing your diary, i see you have a lot of carb's. I was wondering if you always had such a carb heavy diet.

I've always heard that you want to cut carbs when trying to cut the remainder of body fat / get dem abs.

Was this specifically for your bulk? Or is this more or less how you've been eating sine the beginning of your transformation?

Or bulk = more carbs, then you cut and reduced your carbs?

You look great man, an inspiration. Keep it up~

If you go back and look at the majority of days, my carbs were always about 45-50% of macro intake. This is mainly because I have a busy lifting schedule and need the carbs for energy in the gym and of course for running.

Also notice that a lot of my carb intake comes from fruits, not grains and bread.

Low carb diets tend to be more geared for people who are focused a lot more on diet than on exercise. If you have a heavy exercise schedule you NEED the extra carbs for energy, otherwise you're just going to burn out fast.

On my last bulk I didn't know about MFP, so I didn't track any macros. So you'd call that a DIRTY BULK since I just ate everything in sight! lol! This time starting gin the Fall I will do it much cleaner and adjust my carb intake accordingly based on my calorie surplus.
  • nave002
    nave002 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Wowsa.... you look fantastic!!!:bigsmile:
  • lafferty4
    lafferty4 Posts: 10
    Options
    Great job! You are truly an inspiration to us. Keep up the great work!
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    Your body has made an amazing transformation, but the smile says it all. You must feel great, cuz it shows! Congrats!
  • Amym26
    Amym26 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! So Awesome!
  • kesslertg
    kesslertg Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm always on the lookout for role models. My wife's 88 year old father is one. I've added you to my list, Swole. I'm 212lbs and look just like your "before" photo. Challenge now is to get anywhere even half-way close to your one-year or two-year photo. Props to you, my friend. Look forward to monitoring your future progress. Tom
    Options
    OK, since I got a lot of questions regarding what I have been doing in the gym I posted a blog to help answer them. Please feel free to inbox me with anything else you would like to know!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TheSwoleMinister/view/questions-about-my-gym-routine-answered-2nd-attempt-lol-544034
  • healthyandfitgirl14
    healthyandfitgirl14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    looking awesome sr. swole!
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Awesome dedication! Way to go.:drinker:
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    you look so great, very inspiring :)
    Options
    Made a video about how I'm getting in my protein. Enjoy!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJf_MNajI1Q
  • rougette66
    rougette66 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    seven hells
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! I am so impressed...
    hats off to you for working so hard.
    I will have to tell my husband about the supplements you referenced.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!