I GIVE UP!... And you should too! :D

Options

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Homemade bread and sugar cane Dr Pepper are two of the things that make my life worth living.

Homemade bread is like a little slice of heaven! I have a loaf baking as I type this

Although I'm more of a coke zero kind of person, I actually like the way it tastes. But that's just me

I'm convinced the manna from heaven actually tasted like Coke Zero. Love the stuff.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    RonkyCats wrote: »
    Wow everyone! Let's all jump on the bandwagon and be demotivating *kitten* together!!
    This forum was posted prematurely by accident and i didn't finish it. I didn't mean YOU should
    give up what I am, just in a sense that to change your lifestyle you have to make some sacrifices, and I wanted to know what you did, and how it worked for you. BUT NO!

Eat ALL FOODS in moderation, still losing weight.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Wow everyone! Let's all jump on the bandwagon and be demotivating *kitten* together!!
    This forum was posted prematurely by accident and i didn't finish it. I didn't mean YOU should
    give up what I am, just in a sense that to change your lifestyle you have to make some sacrifices, and I wanted to know what you did, and how it worked for you. BUT NO!
    There's nothing demotivating about not wanting to give up bread and Dr Pepper.

I think your harsh language is demotivating. I feel triggered.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Chill

You made a couple of rookie errors

Primarily you said "and you should too" in your title ..implying that you must give up something other than excess calories to be successful

And really you're identifying foods you believe are responsible for being overweight., when again it's excess calories

You need to make changes to the amount you eat relevant to the amount you burn and the adjustment process can feel like a sacrifice but actually is just a re-learning of how to make your calories balance

Don't worry about it,everyone's just having a bit of fun...welcome and good luck
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options

Not trying to be rude here. I almost always post things prematurely (seriously - the "edited: x:xx" tag can be seen on most of what I post), so I totally understand that mistake. But the title was "...and you should too" and there was no indication that this was an incomplete post.

MFP forumers do react rather, umm... bluntly (??) to things they disagree with, but in this case, there wasn't any reason for them to read the original post differently than how it came across.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

Are we supposed to know that? We went by what is posted.
    I'm sorry you feel demotivated, but really, I just see alot of people saying they haven't given up anything and still have success. Even some people (like myself) who said they're glad you have found something that works for you.

To get upset about it though is a bit extreme.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

*looks at title of thread* but it says "and YOU should too."

So.....
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I eat bread/carbs at every meal and still losing :) Don't bother cutting out whole food groups - just causes problems down the road. good luck!
  • MadamPlum
    MadamPlum Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow - there's a lot of touchy people here aren't there? You can't say hello sometimes w/o someone taking offense. Ignore them, I know what you meant.

I agree - I eat too much bread too and its about 90 calories just for a slice! I think I will cut down too.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I'm glad you have had some measure of success. However, I choose to not avoid the things I love. I'm a much happier person for it.

I do see what you're saying

But sometimes I have to avoid my youngest ...child does not know the meaning of silence

My 6 year old is never quiet except occasionally when she sleeps. Still....

She even talks in her sleep

*sobs quietly in the corner*
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I'm glad you have had some measure of success. However, I choose to not avoid the things I love. I'm a much happier person for it.

But sometimes I have to avoid my youngest ...child does not know the meaning of silence

:laugh:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Is there going to be enough bread for everyone?
    IMG_2957.jpg
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    I tried to give up soda. It made me really cranky and mean.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    MadamPlum wrote: »
    Wow - there's a lot of touchy people here aren't there? You can't say hello sometimes w/o someone taking offense.

*looks for the word "hello" in the OP*

Hmmm...

*looks again*

Ignore them, I know what you meant.

Unfortunately not all of us are blessed with clairvoyance. It's our little cross to bear.

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Wow - there's a lot of touchy people here aren't there? You can't say hello sometimes w/o someone taking offense. Ignore them, I know what you meant.
    Generally, when someone says I should give up bread and soda, I take that to mean I should give up bread and soda. What were the clues you used to deduce that this isn't really what she meant?

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

Yes... quite frequently at like 2 am all I hear is "Mommy! My thumb hurts!" and such. 2 days before Easter she called out at 3am. I thought maybe she was sick. I go in her room and she says "I pulled out my tooth."

Really? REALLY?!!! At 3 am you pull out your friggin tooth?! It's too late for the tooth fairy to come.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Wow - there's a lot of touchy people here aren't there? You can't say hello sometimes w/o someone taking offense.

*looks for the word "hello" in the OP*

Hmmm...

*looks again*

Ignore them, I know what you meant.

Unfortunately not all of us are blessed with clairvoyance. It's our little cross to bear.

I guess those with mind reading powers tend to forget it's not a natural thing for everyone to have.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Generally, when someone says I should give up bread and soda, I take that to mean I should give up bread and soda. What were the clues you used to deduce that this isn't really what she meant?

Arf
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    @mods might want to close this thread right now, 'cause it's going nowhere good...
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

Oh, hello. Did you give birth to my son? Perpetual noise machine.