I GIVE UP!... And you should too! :D

Options

Replies

• MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options

Homemade bread and sugar cane Dr Pepper are two of the things that make my life worth living.

Homemade bread is like a little slice of heaven! I have a loaf baking as I type this

Although I'm more of a coke zero kind of person, I actually like the way it tastes. But that's just me

I'm convinced the manna from heaven actually tasted like Coke Zero. Love the stuff.

Cherry Coca Cola Zero is amazing too! I never liked diet soda until I had Coke Zero.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    My daughter would sing in her sleep. In her sleep. Of course, I heard it all over the monitor. :)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    @mods might want to close this thread right now, 'cause it's going nowhere good...

Says you!

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    @mods might want to close this thread right now, 'cause it's going nowhere good...

Why not? After a failed OP, she finally asked what we do... and I told her. Don't assume anything if you have nothing to say at all.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you, but I think I'll pass. I've lost 90 pounds and counting eating and drinking all of the things I enjoy, including bread and *gasp* sugar, within moderation.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Why not? After a failed OP, she finally asked what we do... and I told her. Don't assume anything if you have nothing to say at all.

It's an MFP trope. As n approaches infinity, these threads' probability of going off the rails approaches 1. Or something. :)
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options

It's an MFP trope. As n approaches infinity, these threads' probability of going off the rails approaches 1. Or something. :)

• Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Nope

Lost my weight and maintain eating and drinking all that quite happily

Yep, me too. I haven't cut out anything that I enjoy and I've had pretty great success ;)
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    RonkyCats wrote: »
    Wow everyone! Let's all jump on the bandwagon and be demotivating *kitten* together!!
    This forum was posted prematurely by accident and i didn't finish it. I didn't mean YOU should
    give up what I am, just in a sense that to change your lifestyle you have to make some sacrifices, and I wanted to know what you did, and how it worked for you. BUT NO!

Thing is, I didn't sacrifice anything to be successful Sure I cut back on the amount of food I ate, to create an appropriate deficit, but I wouldn't consider that sacrificing because I still eat everything I enjoy-just a bit less of it. Doing it that way makes this whole thing a lot more sustainable for the long term.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

If that's the standard we're going by, might as well just shut all the forums down...

And 'mods' is a particular user, who probably is wondering why the heck she got tagged on the message boards.
  • ihaterocks
    ihaterocks Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If it helps your goals and it is sustainable, go for it. I very rarely drink regular soda because like many, I would rather eat my calories than drink them. I would find it very hard to totally give up bread. So I didn't. I lost over 70 pounds. Just keep in mind that totally removing foods from your diet that you love often leads to binging and unsustainability.

i agree, with all due respect. I have lost 20 pounds so far and I love my bread! On the other hand, last summer I decided to cut carbs almost all the way out- I lost a lot of weight but gained it all back and then some. I've tried to change my lifestyle this time instead, and it's going on 4 months :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

If that's the standard we're going by, might as well just shut all the forums down...

And 'mods' is a particular user, who probably is wondering why the heck she got tagged on the message boards.

This thread is full of win
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

Aaaaand...now I'm dying.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Really? I've always seen people tag either Olivia or the generic Mods username. Did that change? Or were they all doing it wrong, too?

And yeah, I agree, this is getting pretty funny.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    HINT: They ain't what's holding you back, right?
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I have to say I haven't laughed this hard reading a post in the forums in a long time
  • angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm with you girl. First I started with having bread only once a week, one piece of toast. And now I don't eat bread at all. Rather get my carbs else where.

And the soda thing, i don't drink it unless it's diet, hadn't had a sip of it for over a week now. Soda and breads make my belly feel disgusting BUT I will have it once in a blue.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Okay, OP, I understand that it's possible to post prematurely, and that's no big deal, but you also must understand why others read your post the way it, well, reads, right?

Anyway, what I have given up, for the most part, is snacking between meals. No specific food items, but focusing on eating mostly just at regular meals makes keeping to my calories and eating well reasonably easy. (I suppose this would include in part not consuming calories in drinks, but I never really did.)

On the other hand, while I've never been a huge bread person--I can take it or leave it, so it doesn't contribute much to my difficulties with overeating--threads about giving up bread always make me want to get back into bread baking, which is lots of fun, a good way to relax, and one way to make sure the bread you do eat is delicious.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    RonkyCats wrote: »
    I'm giving up COMPLETELY on soda, carbonated drinks and bread!
    My two weaknesses... I feel that they're holding me back on my road to
    where I want to be and look and feel. Hopefully i'll be able to strengthen
    my will power and do it! :)
    I SHOULD give up vodka but I enjoy it too much.

Seriously, eat at a deficit. Eat anything/drink anything you like as long as you do that. The weight will then come off. Good luck with hitting your goal weight :)

• MadamPlum
    MadamPlum Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    MadamPlum wrote: »
    Wow - there's a lot of touchy people here aren't there? You can't say hello sometimes w/o someone taking offense. Ignore them, I know what you meant.
    Generally, when someone says I should give up bread and soda, I take that to mean I should give up bread and soda. What were the clues you used to deduce that this isn't really what she meant?

Well, you shouldn't be so susceptible then, should you? :smiley: