I GIVE UP!... And you should too! :D

Options

Replies

• flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have noticed some soda manufacturers are going back to using sugar. It sounds healthier than artificial sweeteners, but by "sugar" isn't it really high fructose corn syrup? I gotta watch those marketers 'cause they can play word games with the public, and the FDA doesn't always catch them all at it.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I don't drink much in the way of soda, because, let's face it, the rum would be detected at work way too often.

Anyway, I view sodas like I view most desserts, as desserts -- but I still have them in moderation.

Oh and vanilla custard is da bomb.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I have noticed some soda manufacturers are going back to using sugar. It sounds healthier than artificial sweeteners, but by "sugar" isn't it really high fructose corn syrup? I gotta watch those marketers 'cause they can play word games with the public, and the FDA doesn't always catch them all at it.

I can't speak for the law in other countries, but in the US if you cannot list "sugar" in the ingredients if what you mean is "high fructose corn syrup."
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I agree... I should give up... ON YOUR LUDICROUS IDEA!! And you should too!! :noway:
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    If the label says "sugar" how do you catch them really using HFCS?

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Yes...and if the label says "carrots", that's code for "powdered sugar".
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you have had some measure of success. However, I choose to not avoid the things I love. I'm a much happier person for it.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Nope. I ain't giving up either, and I will continue making progress while enjoying the foods I like. But thanks for that.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    If that works for you, have at it. But I'm doing just fine losing weight and enjoying those things. In fact, I've found diet soda to be a really useful replacement for all the sweet tea I used to drink.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Eyes on your own plate. What works for you is great - but don't try to force your ideas on others unsolicited.
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I just don't trust the marketers. The FDA is busy with soooo many things, things can slip by them (we are all human) and WHEN they catch the marketers in their games, that's when we see it on the news.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I'm glad you have had some measure of success. However, I choose to not avoid the things I love. I'm a much happier person for it.

I do see what you're saying

But sometimes I have to avoid my youngest ...child does not know the meaning of silence
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I gave up Irish soda bread.. because I don't like it.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKa6M_L_-YJTLjXgInHB8_GhxlxaYtYJGyml8B7VX0xAfxXEoUqg
  • RonkyCats
    RonkyCats Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow everyone! Let's all jump on the bandwagon and be demotivating *kitten* together!!
    This forum was posted prematurely by accident and i didn't finish it. I didn't mean YOU should
    give up what I am, just in a sense that to change your lifestyle you have to make some sacrifices, and I wanted to know what you did, and how it worked for you. BUT NO!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

But sometimes I have to avoid my youngest ...child does not know the meaning of silence

I snorted. <highfive.gif>
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

My 6 year old is never quiet except occasionally when she sleeps. Still....
  • cmcdonald525
    cmcdonald525 Posts: 140 Member
    Options

Homemade bread and sugar cane Dr Pepper are two of the things that make my life worth living.

Homemade bread is like a little slice of heaven! I have a loaf baking as I type this

Although I'm more of a coke zero kind of person, I actually like the way it tastes. But that's just me
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    RonkyCats wrote: »
    Wow everyone! Let's all jump on the bandwagon and be demotivating *kitten* together!!
    This forum was posted prematurely by accident and i didn't finish it. I didn't mean YOU should
    give up what I am, just in a sense that to change your lifestyle you have to make some sacrifices, and I wanted to know what you did, and how it worked for you. BUT NO!

I already answered
    I gave up kale, gluten free beer, and cauliflower pizza crust.