anything that you want to say about tattoos?

Options
SquatNSparkle
SquatNSparkle Posts: 477 Member
I just got my second and likely last tattoo...just wondering...got any? want any? why or why not? where, if you got 'em? what do you think when you see a tattoo on a woman?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I think they're awesome when done well, and there's nothing worse when done badly. I have one, which is stretched to hell because I got fat, luckily it is in an area where no one can see it unless I want them to. I've considered another, but don't know where to put it.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I have one. Everyone is always surprised I have one too. It's on my.stomach at my hip. I will probably get another...small one like this one if I can figure out where to put it
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    I'm a little addicted to the feeling/pain of getting a Tat!
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I saw a job posting today for a good job, but it said that they would not hire anyone with visible tattoos or face jewelry.
    70044776.png
  • Steam_Powered_Awesome
    Steam_Powered_Awesome Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I love them I have lots.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I don't have any but appreciate the artistry required for tattoos. I'm too much of a wuss to get one (though I have contemplated it).

I adore watching Ink Masters and Tattoo Nightmares though. :)
  • cheyenne592
    cheyenne592 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just got one June 2nd and going to shade it in June 30th and I love it(: they are beautiful pieces of art when done correctly with lots of creativity
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    just that i love them ..... not a huge fan of neck/face or hand tattoos though
  • Fitnessinspotogo
    Fitnessinspotogo Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have a lot
  • magairlin
    magairlin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I think they are ugly and unhygienic. I don't understand why anyone would want to deface their body in such a way. I guess I'm just old fashioned. They are a total turn off for me but that's ok because no one has one cares!!
  • Fitnessinspotogo
    Fitnessinspotogo Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Last sentence is true
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    They're not for me, but I could care less what other people do.
  • 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I don't have any. Lots of friends and co-workers have them, but I'm not one to follow the crowd. But if you like them, no problem. Sometimes I think some people go overboard, but it's their choice, their body.
  • dodojodie
    dodojodie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have a tattoo for my sister she is an amazing person and I wanted to have her with me wherever I go . The best decision I ever made I have her initials on my wrist.
  • MissyI30
    MissyI30 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have one on the ankle and it goes down onto the top of my foot. I love it! I made sure it had meaning and the artist did an amazing job. And I want more. And I like tattoos on women and men.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos, but also like the idea of being able to cover them if the occasion calls for it. Whole sleeves are really cool, but the bearers can also look great in a dress shirt where you see none of it. I really don't care for tattoos on the neck or face (although I have seen some beautiful ones on the back of the neck).

My one and only was a present to myself on my 50th birthday. The triskele has many meanings. One of them is representing the three aspects of womanhood, the maiden, the mother, and the crone. On turning 50, I felt I was entering the crone phase (not the ugly old crone, but the wise experienced woman) so I got the tattoo. It is on my ankle so I can look at it any time I want, and also because that is the one part of my body that does not change when my weight changes.
    tpodghf9sf3z.jpg
  • vadersaysno
    vadersaysno Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I have one and really like it. I'm glad I got it done. Mine is a Hawaiian tribal sea turtle on my ribs (if you look in my photos you can see it). The artist hid some other meanings in it for me too. She was absolutely wonderful (Yvette Yvelle at Maui Atomic Tattoos in Lahaina). I hate seeing bad tattoos and that was my only concern going in to get one. I did, however, do a lot of research first and found someone I was highly confident that could do exactly what I wanted- she went well beyond that.

As far as girls with tattoos- I don't mind them if they are done well. The only thing I generally don't like is a big one on the upper arm. If it's part of a sleeve, that's different.
  • stacshelb
    stacshelb Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Got one when I turned 18. I hate it. 18 year later and I'm finally getting it covered with something meaningful!
  • m4n1x
    m4n1x Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos - Currently have 3