anything that you want to say about tattoos?

Options

Replies

• buffer221
    buffer221 Posts: 4,751 Member
    Options
    Its your choice, its your body. I'm 55 and one day I need to get one, always thought of getting a zip tattooed over my scar since surgeons had to go in the same way three times hahaha :)
  • Northernlight03
    Northernlight03 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I def think some girls suit tattoo sleeves, I wish I could pull it off
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    they are addictive and I need more
  • raisealittlehell
    raisealittlehell Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    It's a personal choice. One that I happened to make. I have 4, all have significant meaning to me. (I am also itching for another one- top of my ribs area) A lot of my friends have them. Tattooing is an art and should be treated as such. You would pay good money for a piece of art that you hang in your house, why wouldn't you do the same for art that will permanently be on your body?

I think both men and women look good with them.
  • davesgalforever
    davesgalforever Posts: 220 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    6fb13999763f90b9c1a2be8a1decf3c4.jpg
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

• mwall2
    mwall2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    less chances of getting a proper job.

I work full time EMS/ FF
  • YanskaNY
    YanskaNY Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I think that they can be a great form of beautification or a lame display of hubris - it is like all art, a very subjective thing. I have one and it makes me happy. That's all I needed to get out of it.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Tatoos are not art. They never increase in value and you cannot buy them on eBay. Never have seen one sold at auction. In most cases, it is illegal to cut them off for display. You will never see they left as an inheritence in someone will. They can be meaningingful to the individual who has they. An artist rendering of a tatoo is art but once it is placed on the body........ no longer art. Art is classified as an object. Human beings are not objects.

art

noun \ˈärt\

: something that is created with imagination and skill and that is beautiful or that expresses important ideas or feelings

: works created by artists : paintings, sculptures, etc., that are created to be beautiful or to express important ideas or feelings

: the methods and skills used for painting, sculpting, drawing, etc.

Full Definition of ART

: skill acquired by experience, study, or observation <the art of making friends>

a: a branch of learning: (1): one of the humanities (2)plural: liberal arts

barchaic: learning, scholarship

: an occupation requiring knowledge or skill <the art of organ building>

a: the conscious use of skill and creative imagination especially in the production of aesthetic objects; also: works so produced

b (1): fine arts (2): one of the fine arts (3): a graphic art

aarchaic: a skillful plan

b: the quality or state of being artful

: decorative or illustrative elements in printed matter
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    Personal opinion: females over 35 probably shouldn't be opting to get a lower back tattoo to get their "sexy" back. Just get sexy.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I think that getting tattoos is purely subjective. I also don't think that those people into tattooing care what the rest of the world thinks.

I have several. Some have meaning. Some are the product of a drunken weekend in Okinawa. I regret nothing, but would probably not have a couple of them if I were to make the choice today.

As for what others do, that's their choice. I like some. I dislike others.

Some tattoos are enhancements. Some tattoos are not. Some tattoos on beautiful women are just graffiti on an otherwise beautiful work of art.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I just got my first and I love it! I think it's lovely and feminine, and it has personal meaning.
    y2kq70b81yar.jpg
  • Sirrunsalot75
    Sirrunsalot75 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Looks awesome!
    _Tink_ wrote: »
    I just got my first and I love it! I think it's lovely and feminine, and it has personal meaning.
    y2kq70b81yar.jpg

• Crhan05
    Crhan05 Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I want another one!
  • BdBrown79
    BdBrown79 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have several and want more. I think if you want them get them. If you don't, well don't. If you take care of you.. don't worry about what anyone else thinks. It's personal art!!!
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    None, but I've been considering one the last 4-5 years. It's just a matter of deciding on what, where and making the commitment.

Aside from it being a form of expression, for many people it's also a cultural thing.
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    I have some and plan on getting a lot more, luckily I get them for free. What I hear a lot is, "Yeah but how will your tattoos look when you're older?" I figure I can wear a long sleeve shirt in my coffin.

lol :D
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    Mine are pretty damn awesome!