Question for those who are eating low carbs.

Options
1235»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    angellll12 wrote: »
    aggelikik wrote: »
    What does avoiding what carbs mean?

White carbs*

Yes, sorry, I meant white carbs, autocorrect problems :)

Oh thought you misread.
    White carbs are foods that have been stripped of there nutrients.. So white bread, rice , potatoes , pastas

How are potatoes stripped of their nutrients...they come directly from the ground to your kitchen.

Growing up we raised potatoes...we would dig them...wash them...peel or not peel depending on cooking method...cook...then eat.

I don't know where they got stripped in that process.

you did not know that the ground strips white carbs or nutrients, but leaves the colored carbs alone?
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    What does avoiding what carbs mean?

White carbs*

Yes, sorry, I meant white carbs, autocorrect problems :)

Oh thought you misread.
    White carbs are foods that have been stripped of there nutrients.. So white bread, rice , potatoes , pastas

How are potatoes stripped of their nutrients...they come directly from the ground to your kitchen.

Growing up we raised potatoes...we would dig them...wash them...peel or not peel depending on cooking method...cook...then eat.

I don't know where they got stripped in that process.

you did not know that the ground strips white carbs or nutrients, but leaves the colored carbs alone?

Please tell me that peanuts get stripped of their fat after being pulled from the ground.

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    mantium999 wrote: »
    rmboehm67 wrote: »
    This may cause the world to explode but "if it fits your macros" the "type" of carb shouldn't be a reason to over think diet plan.

Eliminating white carbs is a great way to quickly explain a way to improve the quality of your diet if you are new to process. As you become more sophisticated in your tracking and comfortable with how you react to certain foods you can welcome it back in or not even exclude it.

I started to find more success with my plan when I realized foods weren't inherently bad or good but rather some require more planning for me to consume.

At the heart of the original question I will eat 135g carbs on my training days (25% of my 2,200 calories) and 56g on my off days. I hold protein steady and alter my fat in line with my carbs.

Strong first post. Too many are worried about the best fuel for their ferrari, when they are still driving an '82 pickup.

+1...for real.