Can you have too much protein?

Options

Replies

• micqs
    micqs Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    I'm having difficulty picturing 90% protein out of this.
    What would be an example grams for the day or per meal for carbs, fats, protein?[/quote]

Yesterdays was (day) Fat: 42.1 Carbs: 138.2 and Protein: 6,899.3

• FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    micqs wrote: »

uh lol

7000 grams of protein

right
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    could you open your diary so we can SEE what it says?
    I'm consistently low, so I'd love to see what you're eating that's jacking you up so high.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I wonder if one of your diary entries has a glitch in it.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I think there's got to be a bad data base entry somewhere in the equation.
  • micqs
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Diary is open. Im just giving you what MFP says. If I am putting in something wrong, please, by all means help me out. I put literally everything I eat in to it.

Edited to add: Just started eating this way on Monday. Went on a little hiatus from MFP last month.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    What would be an example grams for the day or per meal for carbs, fats, protein?[/quote]

[/quote]

This would have you eating over 28,000 calories. There's something wrong with one of the entries you're using.

• FitForL1fe
    Options
    obviously the shredded bbq you are logging does not have 6800 grams of protein in 450 calories.................

............................lol........................

not everything in the database is accurate so you need to look at the nutrition and verify
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »

uh lol

7000 grams of protein

right

LEGIT AF
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Diary is open. Im just giving you what MFP says. If I am putting in something wrong, please, by all means help me out. I put literally everything I eat in to it.

The BBQ shredded chicken is a bad entry, did you create it yourself, or did you find it in the database? Protein is 4 cals per gram, so if the calories in that are correct, even if it is 100% protein it would be 106 grams, not 6,998.

Based on the total goals, MFP has you set at 30% protein.
  • senecarr
    Options
    What would be an example grams for the day or per meal for carbs, fats, protein?

[/quote]

This would have you eating over 28,000 calories. There's something wrong with one of the entries you're using.

[/quote]
    Dream bulks are made of these...
  • FitForL1fe
    Options
    smdh
  • micqs
    Options
    The recipe for the shredded BBQ is just 4 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts, a few tbsp of bbq, and an onion. Maybe the chicken in the database is incorrect? Anyone know what it is supposed to be so I can check into that?
  • FitForL1fe
    Options
    just search for...

Chicken - Boneless Skinless Breasts

and some bbq sauce
  • senecarr
    Options
    The recipe for the shredded BBQ is just 4 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts, a few tbsp of bbq, and an onion. Maybe the chicken in the database is incorrect? Anyone know what it is supposed to be so I can check into that?

Not sure how I can see your recipe (or if I even can) but whatever chicken is in there has to be really wrong.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    "chicken-breast, broilers or fryers, skinless, boneless, meat only, raw," with no asterisk, is the good entry, assuming you weighed the chicken when it was raw.

It has 96 grams of protein in a whole lb.

There are a lot of wacko and just plain wrong chicken entries on MFP. Others too, of course, but chicken seems particularly bad, no idea why.

Anyway, now that has been clarified, it appears that you are eating a perfectly reasonable amount of protein.
  • micqs
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »

Not sure how I can see your recipe (or if I even can) but whatever chicken is in there has to be really wrong.

That was probably my problem. I redid it and it looked a little more reasonable. So that was my issue. But still, curious to know if too much protein is harmful. And I got my answer. Thank you Senecarr and others for not being jerks in your response since it was users error. Makes me feel less silly for not double checking my recipe.
  • senecarr
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    "chicken-breast, broilers or fryers, skinless, boneless, meat only, raw," with no asterisk, is the good entry, assuming you weighed the chicken when it was raw.

It has 96 grams of protein in a whole lb.

There are a lot of wacko and just plain wrong chicken entries on MFP. Others too, of course, but chicken seems particularly bad, no idea why.
    If I ever find these mythical chickens and they cost the same per pound, I'm buying all I can and portion very carefully.
  • MireyGal76
    Options

chicken is closer to 0.8 grams protein per g chicken
  • senecarr
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »

That was probably my problem. I redid it and it looked a little more reasonable. So that was my issue. But still, curious to know if too much protein is harmful. And I got my answer. Thank you Senecarr and others for not being jerks in your response since it was users error. Makes me feel less silly for not double checking my recipe.

Ah, I save being a jerk for being legitimately denying science.